One pocket drills

drjones

I am relatively new to the game of one pocket, although I have been playing pool for 10+ years. As such, I am trying to improve my game, and I'm looking for any drills or practice exercises that will hone my skill at the game. Any suggestions are welcome.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I am relatively new to the game of one pocket, although I have been playing pool for 10+ years. As such, I am trying to improve my game, and I'm looking for any drills or practice exercises that will hone my skill at the game. Any suggestions are welcome.

Here you go Dr. J.. Just pick an angle for the angled balls and do it the same way everytime. Start with BIH and shoot at pocket 'B'. Here's the last thread I put this in.http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6777

OP Practice.jpg

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Try this too

Try this too

Progressive One Pocket Ghost

1. Start by racking a number of balls and breaking them open with whatever style of break shot you prefer. It doesn’t matter if you make a ball or not, since you shoot again no matter what – the break is simply to randomly scatter a certain number of balls. You can scatter the balls by hand if you prefer. The point is to scatter a certain number of balls based on your skill level. Success feels good, so most players should be able to start with three balls on the table.
2. Shoot at your pocket in no particular number order, without regard to safety play.
3. You win if you run out all of the balls into your designated pocket, and the ‘ghost’ wins if you fail.
4. If you successfully run off all of the balls, then for the next rack add one additional ball to your spread; whenever you fail to run all the way out, re-rack and break again with one less ball on the table before you shoot. Thus, you will find your own Ghost level of play.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Here is one I like to do, did this video about 2 years ago. I probably should make a new one with better cue ball control but I still am learning that. :D

<object height="480" width="853">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hAJH_08np_c?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="480" width="853"></object>

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Here is one I like to do, did this video about 2 years ago. I probably should make a new one with better cue ball control but I still am learning that. :D

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hAJH_08np_c?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="480" width="853"></object>

Wow Lenny. Now I know I need weight. Especially if that video is from two years ago. I can barely get past the second ball.

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
shoot spot shots and and playing shape for a ball after. It comes up often and its 2 balls, i see so many good players dog spot shots-i just dont get it.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
simple, boring yet effective.......

pick any ball, say the 3 ball. now just play billiards off of other balls and attempt to freeze behind that 3 ball. the distances the cb travels should not be too great.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

The "L" drill is probably the single best one-pocket practice that I've ever seen. After you get bored with it, start shooting it from the siderail to the endrail. When you get bored with that, shoot one from the endrail, one from the siderail, one from the endrail etc.. You will not get bored with that last one:).

Dennis