wade crane vs danny diliberto 1999 dcc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
danny's shot danny has the lower right pocket as you view the table. wade broke and most of the balls are on his side.

wvd$1.jpg

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
lll said:
danny's shot danny has the lower right pocket as you view the table. wade broke and most of the balls are on his side.

View attachment 1535

I'd probably shoot the basic ticky safety behind the 5ball - 5ball goes one rail towards the 3ball, cueball ends up on the head rail at the 1/2 diamond area - and the 13-14 will be hiding the 1ball.

Ghost

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
One Pocket Ghost said:
I'd probably shoot the basic ticky safety behind the 5ball - 5ball goes one rail towards the 3ball, cueball ends up on the head rail at the 1/2 diamond area - and the 13-14 will be hiding the 1ball.

Ghost
I agree -- seems like anything else would be.... wild :D

Attachments

• Greenshot_2010-10-31_22-58-49.jpg
    Greenshot_2010-10-31_22-58-49.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 0

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
NH Steve said:
I agree -- seems like anything else would be.... wild :D

Steve...My execution of the shot would be slightly different then your depiction of it - but an important distinction...I'm 'tickying' the 5 slightly fuller/firmer than you displayed - I'm having it rebound further up off of the short rail up to where the 3ball is - so that I don't leave him any kind of cross-corner shot on it.

- Ghost

PS, If you want to be aggressive, you also could shoot a firm stop shot with the cueball, and send the 5ball 2 rails into the 3ball and into the stack - you will knock balls over to your side, but the danger is that you could leave him with some kind of cross-corner shot.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
One Pocket Ghost said:
Steve...My execution of the shot would be slightly different then your depiction of it - but an important distinction...I'm 'tickying' the 5 slightly fuller/firmer than you displayed - I'm having it rebound further up off of the short rail up to where the 3ball is - so that I don't leave him any kind of cross-corner shot on it.

- Ghost

PS, If you want to be aggressive, you also could shoot a firm stop shot with the cueball, and send the 5ball 2 rails into the 3ball and into the stack - you will knock balls over to your side, but the danger is that you could leave him with some kind of cross-corner shot.
I also agree with your way of shooting the ticky shot. I don't like the aggressive way with the firm hit but mainly because if you don't set something up to your side you're exposing the straight back on the one ball with a good angle to take the q to your side of the table where he may have plenty to shoot at from there.
I know that many tables will not take that shot very well from that position but basically it would be a free shot that could result in a lot of damage.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Danny Plays Aggressive Here

Danny Plays Aggressive Here

The tiki behind the 5 ball is a good shot and probably the shot i would shoot but i think its to passive for Danny Di. If im seeing the balls correctly i think Danny would carom the cue ball off the 6 ball using outside spin, controlling the cue ball off the side rail and down behind the ball on the bottom rail. Meanwhile the 6 ball hits into the 10 which sends the 4 ball toward his hole. This shot should also move the 7 ball and the 15 ball to his side of the table and creating an offensive position from which to play from. The key here is his ability to control the cue ball and place it behind the ball on the bottom rail. Sappo

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
wade crane vs danny diliberto 1999 dcc - OnePocket.jpg

I got my diagram all finished before discovering that everyone else had the same idea. I would have posted it earlier, but I just got home. I didn't know that Trick or Treat-ing was supposed to end at 7:30. That explains several of the things that happened to me tonite.

Tuesday is election day, and I am voting for Greenshot. It's as easy as Rice Krispies. Snack! Popple! Crap! :D

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
vapros said:
View attachment 1537

Tuesday is election day, and I am voting for Greenshot. It's as easy as Rice Krispies. Snack! Popple! Crap! :D

Excellent! That was the most important point I was trying to make, when I introduced this great little program. I was hoping someone like Dick would be using it now, as he is the litmus test for how "easy" something is.

Guess I will have to give one on one instruction at the Derby. If he goes busted there, maybe I will have time to show him how to use a WEI table too.:D

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
sappo said:
The tiki behind the 5 ball is a good shot and probably the shot i would shoot but i think its to passive for Danny Di. Sappo
sappo you were correct danny wanted to be aggressive
he studied the stack and concluded that after several kisses and caroms
the 9 ball was DEAD!!!
heres the shot
d2.jpg

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
lll said:
unfortunately here is how he ended up
View attachment 1541
Wow -- unbelievable how all the balls ended up on the wrong side! I have noticed that sometimes when you play a dead ball with a lot of rattling in the stack, you get yourself in too much trouble with the secondary and tertiary "soldiers" to make it worthwhile -- looks like that happened here. Danny wasn't in that much trouble to begin with... although maybe he just proceeded to pick off a half dozen cross corner banks to win the game anyway, lol.