View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 10:51 AM
Administrator

I went back and reviewed the match and looked a little more closely at the ball locations and the count for the last rack when Efren makes a fantastic thin cut for shape -- I had it slightly miss-drawn earlier I still might have it a little miss drawn, because now it doesn't look as thin as it does on the video -- oh well.

Anyway, here is his run of 6 balls in the final rack. (On the new cuetable -- this diagram has 9 pages) -- edit only 7 pages

This was the only rack in two straight matches that he didn't run all the way out in just one inning every game! Something like a total of 44 balls in a row of run-out one pocket!! Over those six games, he had one intentional scratch forcing him to run 9 & out, and I believe three games where his opponent gave him a ball so he only needed 7 & out. Those five games plus six more balls gets to the 44.

Incardona called it the greatest performance ever in the finals of a One Pocket tournament.

Efren just rolled over Jason Miller, even though he did miss that one bank. Against Pagulayan though, there were several great exchanges of safeties, plus Alex made a ball on one of his breaks, so it was a little more of a match, even though Efren did end up running all the way out three straight games.

Here is the Accustats link for the dvd -- only $26, I would consider it a classic!!
http://www.accu-stats.com/Qstore/Qst...ROD=1143045152

Last edited by NH Steve; 09-23-2006 at 10:58 AM.