O.K Dennis

Fanatic

Verified Member
Here is a shot that has come in handy and taught by an excellent pool player. First your pocket A and you need to get the three out of pocket B's side. It not a straight bank and it can't be cross banked its a kiss and if you hit it to just get it over to your side you will sell a bank. What would you do? does it go and if so How? I'll give the answer later.

<iframe src="http://CueTable.com/P/Player/?@3CXAF4EapC4HKgf4IVJU3PKqm4QdWo3RcQn3WXAE3WWjF3WXAF3WWrG3kKqm3kKil@" noresize="noresize" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="no" width="600" height="400" ></iframe>

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Fanatic said:
Here is a shot that has come in handy and taught by an excellent pool player. First your pocket A and you need to get the three out of pocket B's side. It not a straight bank and it can't be cross banked its a kiss and if you hit it to just get it over to your side you will sell a bank. What would you do? does it go and if so How? I'll give the answer later.

<iframe src="http://CueTable.com/P/Player/?@3CXAF4EapC4HKgf4IVJU3PKqm4QdWo3RcQn3WXAE3WWjF3WXAF3WWrG3kKqm3kKil@" noresize="noresize" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="no" width="600" height="400" ></iframe>

Well Fanatic,

I'm not sure how many balls I need in the game, but not knowing, and just answering your question I think I may shoot this 3-railer.

What do you think?

Dennis

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3CXAF4EapC4HKgf4IVJU3PFca4QdWo3RcQn3WXAF3WbCD4Wbau3WatK4Wcpo3kFca3kUOF3kVMk3kajI3kVwu@[/CUETABLE]

Fanatic

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Fanatic,

What test was it that I passed? Do I get a check or a trophy?

Dennis

You knew the bank--- a lot of excellent players come by and nobody ever plays it; it wasn't until a visitor came over about 3 years ago and showed me; that means it took me 12 years before I had even saw it. So your reward is a huge kiss on the check when I meet you.
XOXO

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Fanatic said:
You knew the bank--- a lot of excellent players come by and nobody ever plays it; it wasn't until a visitor came over about 3 years ago and showed me; that means it took me 12 years before I had even saw it. So your reward is a huge kiss on the check when I meet you.
XOXO

Fanatic,

I had probably been playing one-pocket for 12-15 years before a friend showed me that bank shot. So don't feel left out. We have actually discussed it twice in the last several weeks on this forum.

Dennis

Fanatic

Verified Member
We have actually discussed it twice in the last several weeks on this forum.

Dennis[/QUOTE]

Dennis,
Wow way to pour salt and lemon on my wound! But I still luv ya
XOXO

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Fanatic said:

Dennis,
Wow way to pour salt and lemon on my wound! But I still luv ya
XOXO[/QUOTE]

Fanatic,

I would never do that. Unless you kept asking members for the quiz answers. But I know you wouldn't do that. Would you?

Dennis

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Well Fanatic,

I'm not sure how many balls I need in the game, but not knowing, and just answering your question I think I may shoot this 3-railer.

What do you think?

Dennis

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3CXAF4EapC4HKgf4IVJU3PFca4QdWo3RcQn3WXAF3WbCD4Wbau3WatK4Wcpo3kFca3kUOF3kVMk3kajI3kVwu@[/CUETABLE]
Dennis I just want you to know that this bank will not work on all tables.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Dennis I just want you to know that this bank will not work on all tables.

Artie,

I learned that a couple of weeks ago. On the tables that I play on, (gold crowns), that ball kept going 2 rails into my opponents pocket. I had to adjust to the point where I could have just banked it normally. I think.

Dennis

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
Artie,

I learned that a couple of weeks ago. On the tables that I play on, (gold crowns), that ball kept going 2 rails into my opponents pocket. I had to adjust to the point where I could have just banked it normally. I think.

Dennis

That has been my feeling all along.

Unless you are looking for an awesome, multi-rail, crowd pleaser, why would you not shoot it one rail...and either make or trap ?

Most beginning 1P players think they have to be able to make the shot, or its no good.

This is a shot where just getting it close, may be better.

Dick <---really likes KISS in that spot....it ain't rocket surgery.

Skin

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
That has been my feeling all along.

Unless you are looking for an awesome, multi-rail, crowd pleaser, why would you not shoot it one rail...and either make or trap ?

Most beginning 1P players think they have to be able to make the shot, or its no good.

This is a shot where just getting it close, may be better.

Dick <---really likes KISS in that spot....it ain't rocket surgery.

Somebody finally said something about this insane shot that makes sense to me! Why on earth would you need to shoot something like that here or in any situation?

I'm not even going to risk the kiss on a one-railer. I'm banking the 3 out of there 2 rails to my side and leaving him close to the rail and well below the 3. Let him try a cross-corner on it from there if he wants to sell out.

Skin <-- is starting to come to his senses about crazy and risky shots in 1p

Fanatic

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Artie,**
Dennis
This is true--If I overstroke this shot it does go to the opponents pocket so the key would be to practice the stroke. I understand the risk, but when I play this shot the cueball actually winds up much farther down the table. it definitly can't be played with balls that are on the opponents side but only played when the balls are on your side. I don't think in this circumstance it is risky; it's only risky if you are not familiar with it. When it was taught to me, the key was bringing the 3* as close to your pocket as posible; if you made it, it was a bonus. Aren't all shots really a question of circumstances? Meaning it all depends on the factors in that moment? Such as table(home or away), opponents level/speed, weather/humidity, where balls lay, risk vs. reward and so forth. In this layout, truly what is the harm if you do know the shot?And Dennis I would never cheat because winners never cheat and cheaters never win!

Skin

Verified Member
Fanatic said:
This is true--If I overstroke this shot it does go to the opponents pocket so the key would be to practice the stroke. I understand the risk, but when I play this shot the cueball actually winds up much farther down the table. it definitly can't be played with balls that are on the opponents side but only played when the balls are on your side. I don't think in this circumstance it is risky; it's only risky if you are not familiar with it. When it was taught to me, the key was bringing the 3* as close to your pocket as posible; if you made it, it was a bonus. Aren't all shots really a question of circumstances? Meaning it all depends on the factors in that moment? Such as table(home or away), opponents level/speed, weather/humidity, where balls lay, risk vs. reward and so forth. In this layout, truly what is the harm if you do know the shot?And Dennis I would never cheat because winners never cheat and cheaters never win!

Fanatic, that shot got discussed starting on p.2 of this thread along with about 3 other layouts at the same time. Might be worth a look to you.

http://onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2649

Skin

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Skin said:
Somebody finally said something about this insane shot that makes sense to me! Why on earth would you need to shoot something like that here or in any situation?

I'm not even going to risk the kiss on a one-railer. I'm banking the 3 out of there 2 rails to my side and leaving him close to the rail and well below the 3. Let him try a cross-corner on it from there if he wants to sell out.

i think the kiss sjd is referring to is keep it simple. unless its the kiss promised to dennis ( i think she meant cheek) and sjd's jealous? look dennis is already getting XOXO from fanatic. dennis you really are learning the moves. good book huh?

Skin

Verified Member
lll said:
i think the kiss sjd is referring to is keep it simple. unless its the kiss promised to dennis ( i think she meant cheek) and sjd's jealous? look dennis is already getting XOXO from fanatic. dennis you really are learning the moves. good book huh?

Yeah, there has been a lotta "kissin'" going around here since Fanatic showed up, Larry. But I think she said in the opening thread that the [1 rail] cross-corner was a kiss and that's what I was referring to.

btw Lary, would shoot the 3 across in this situation?

Skin

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
lll said:

lll,

The book is so good that it should be re-published. That would make it available and cheaper for all to see. It's not just the great shots pulled off under durress, but the history of the players also, who we have heard so much about through the years. And some whom we have seen.

And if anyone's jealous, it's me. SJD is a young, handsome, wealthy top one-pocket player. You should see the picture of him that accompanies the WEI layout that I just posted.

Dennis

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
half masse'

half masse'

That kiss is extremely beatable with a half-masse'. It's not even a very hard shot. 3 to 1 to beat the kiss and even money to make the bank. Fortunately I make DVDs that show me doing that same exact thing.

the Beard

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I have already made arrangements for this situation with a couple of my friends. If I ever find myself needing to make this shot to save my cheese, I will faint and my buddies will carry me out to my pickup truck. :p ;)

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
3 railer

3 railer

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AUfT3PHhf3UUfT3UcYG4Ucgd3Ucgl4UYfX3kHhf3kTIU3kVUr3kcwt2kCid1uAAT@[/CUETABLE]
Skin said:

I've seen these other diagrams, but here is the only place I shoot this 3 railer,and it's free, and I have made it. Freddies correct tightening your grip helps. It's basically a move but will occasionly go. Rod.