One Pocket Rules

Tennessee Joe6

Verified Member
From
Middle Tennessee
It may be time for One Pocket rules to be reviewed, revised, and brought to mutual agreement. WPA rules which are the basis for OP.Org rules have a few differences from each other and from major tournament rules such as the DCC.

As an example: when a cue ball and object ball are close to each other but not exactly touching, can you shoot through the shot if the cue is elevated?

I also believe a line from the foot spot to the foot rail and a line designating the kitchen should be drawn on tables. WPA states a method for determining whether a cue ball is in the kitchen and a different way for an object ball being in the kitchen or in play. I would guess that 90% of the One Pocket players do not know the difference.

Can you think of any other rule conflicts?

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
When making a ball in opponent's pocket, that ball should be spotted ONLY on two specific fouls: CB in pocket or off table.

Otherwise, I can make opponent's ball, roll CB to a position disadvantageous for him, move two other balls with my hand, arm or stick (with a pretense of doing so accidentally) and opponent's ball will come up but he has no ball-in-hand in the kitchen.

This came to my attention because I accidentally moved two balls with my elbow after purposely making opponent's hanging ball and playing safe (I needed 6, he needed 2.) As it turned out, spotting his ball not only cost him a ball, the two balls on the spot took away his best response. I thought he should keep the ball, ref (after consultation with a couple of "name" pros) said no.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
When making a ball in opponent's pocket, that ball should be spotted ONLY on two specific fouls: CB in pocket or off table.

Otherwise, I can make opponent's ball, roll CB to a position disadvantageous for him, move two other balls with my hand, arm or stick (with a pretense of doing so accidentally) and opponent's ball will come up but he has no ball-in-hand in the kitchen.

This came to my attention because I accidentally moved two balls with my elbow after purposely making opponent's hanging ball and playing safe (I needed 6, he needed 2.) As it turned out, spotting his ball not only cost him a ball, the two balls on the spot took away his best response. I thought he should keep the ball, ref (after consultation with a couple of "name" pros) said no.
No worries -- this is already in place.

6.2 Any scratch or foul results in the end of the shooter’s inning, as well as a standard one ball penalty. All balls pocketed in the shooter’s pocket as a result of a stroke that includes a foul do not count for the shooting player and are to be immediately spotted, along with the standard one ball penalty. Also, any balls pocketed in the opponent’s pocket on a stroke that ends in either a pocket scratch or with the cue ball off the table are not to be counted for the opponent, and are to be immediately spotted. However, on a stroke when any other foul is committed (such as a push shot, double-hit or illegal ball contact), any balls scored into the opponent’s pocket are to stay down and be counted for the opponent.

Our rules are here:
http://www.onepocket.org/one_pocket_pool_rules.htm

Regarding marking the table, I think that would be great for One Pocket, but I am not inclined to press room owners to do it. Maybe for tournaments.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Ah, good.

Is the 6.2 provision exclusive to 1P org?

Thanks

After we created our rules, there are some spin offs that follow ours pretty closely, including the CSI rules that are used at the US Open One Pocket. The old BCA rules don't cover much, lol.