U.S. Open One Pocket updates

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
First of all I would like to thank you guys for putting your faith in me to represent onepocket.org in this prestigious event! I will do the best I can :)

The field is just 16 players, with the favorites imho being Alex, Shane and Corey. Appleton had to cancel due to illness and Dennis Orcullo had flight issues from Houston ( which may have effected some of the Senior Classic players too).

I will post the bracket as soon as it goes up.

There is streaming by CSI ppv available.

I guess I just drew Shane Van Boening on the TV table in about a half hour, so tune in if you want to watch a lamb led to slaughter lol.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Take him down, Steve!!!!! You move better than he does.

Yes, in fact, if you almost never miss a shot no matter how far away, how frozen the cue is on the rail, or how extreme the cut, you'll definitely have a big edge!

Good luck and have fun!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

Just finished played at 5. The best I can say is that I beat him to the first shot in the first two games lol. Because after that he drilled me 4 games to 0.

Ok I am shifting gears to being the photographer for the rest of the day. I play again tomorrow at 11 AM

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Thanks for the report, Steve. Sorry you ran into a buzz saw, but with that field...

I'm shocked that there were only 16 entries! I hope that doesn't sour Mark on having an event next year. At least some of his expenses were a lot less.:(

~Doc

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

Yes expenses here are low although I just paid over $14 for an iced coffee and baileys lol -- and that was before tip!! That will be my last one here 😳

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks for the update Steve and sorry about the first round draw, you will get em next time! Again, don't give up, in a short race anyone can win. Play smart, be patient and let the chips fall where they may!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

Well I got it to the hill (2-2 in games because the one loss side is a race to 3). It was my opponents break and he made a ball on his break but fortunately for me nothing else went for him. So we nipped and ducked a bit and he developed balls by his hole of course. But when he went up table I spotted a 3 ball combo which went. Unfortunately after running a couple balls I missed a thin cut and opened the door for him. The pockets are generous so needing just two he banked a ball cross corner even though I had a ball very near my hole. You can do that on loose equipment. So, I am going to sit in the commentary booth now.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Well I got it to the hill (2-2 in games because the one loss side is a race to 3). It was my opponents break and he made a ball on his break but fortunately for me nothing else went for him. So we nipped and ducked a bit and he developed balls by his hole of course. But when he went up table I spotted a 3 ball combo which went. Unfortunately after running a couple balls I missed a thin cut and opened the door for him. The pockets are generous so needing just two he banked a ball cross corner even though I had a ball very near my hole. You can do that on loose equipment. So, I am going to sit in the commentary booth now.

Ouch, sorry Steve!

I am somewhere in the middle on pocket size but I definitely lean towards wanting a tighter pocket than looser one. Especially since I don't run balls as well as I used to and rely more on my moves and knowledge than being able to string runs together.

Tough break and keep us posted on what's going on, thank you!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

Coming up next on the tv table will be Corey Deuel vs Alex P. The other winner side match is Shane vB vs James Adams.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461098207.950541.jpg

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Any more results?

If it's a secret please don't say anything, I can keep it but we would have to worry about the people I tell.