Southaven Ms handicapped Tourney

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Hoping this takes off and we can do this every month or two.
If anyone is in the area or wants to come for the weekend let me or Memphis Bill Rowsey know.

I'm going to try to come, Todd. May be able to confirm tomorrow.

I don't understand the handicap system, but you know, we E players ain't too bright. :D

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Hoping this takes off and we can do this every month or two.
If anyone is in the area or wants to come for the weekend let me or Memphis Bill Rowsey know.

Do you figure Saez, McMinn and Klatt are AA, Rowsey A? If so, I must be a C. If they're any less than that, I may be a D. :eek:

Anyway, none of that will have anything to do with my coming.... over and over if time and money permits. I would definitely come almost every month if you can get it goin'.

Good luck.

one pocket guy

Verified Member
From
Arkansas (near Memphis Tn)
Be glad to see you John! I'll ask Rowsey about your handicap. Judging from Houston I would guess A ?
PS. Bill said if we get enough players he would open an F category so l could Play:heh ~T

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I'm going to try to come, Todd. May be able to confirm tomorrow.

I don't understand the handicap system, but you know, we E players ain't too bright. :D

John, the handicap levels are listed down the left side of the chart. Then you look over to see the handicap level of your opponent. Where they intersect is what your spot is for your match with that guy.

So, for example, Shane McMinn is listed as an AA, so if he were to play Rowsey, who is listed as a B, then they would play 10-6.

Arguments will ensue about the handicaps. They always do. But the relative values seem reasonably fair, based on the few players that I recognize.

I'd love to play, and ordinarily I'd attend, especially since Bill was kind enough to come down and bring some guys to one of my 1P events several years ago in Gulfport. But I haven't had my eye surgery yet, so I still can't see clearly enough to compete. I'll definitely make a later one though! Handicapped 1P tournaments are few and far between!

If you go, you'll have a ball.

~Doc

one pocket guy

Verified Member
From
Arkansas (near Memphis Tn)
Thanks Doc for explaining system. It really makes a lesser player have a chance.
We had one of these at The Rack last fall and it was fun, but they just dropped it after 1 tourney. Anyone can compete in this system as I won one the last one Bill had a year or so ago and I'm not very good.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

John, the handicap levels are listed down the left side of the chart. Then you look over to see the handicap level of your opponent. Where they intersect is what your spot is for your match with that guy.

Thanks, Doc, but I was kidding about not understanding; trying to establish my "E" credentials. :)

Shane McMinn is listed as an AA, so if he were to play Rowsey, who is listed as a B, then they would play 10-6.

Did you see those two rankings somewhere or are you guessing/estimating?

If you go, you'll have a ball.

I'm sure gonna try. I may have to be North of Kansas City as late as 4:00 on Thur., and it must be about 7-8 hour drive.

Edit: Oh, maybe the box to the right has players on the level they are rated. Makes sense. I only know the 4 players I mentioned, and the top 3 would be MY top three.

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

Edit: Oh, maybe the box to the right has players on the level they are rated. Makes sense. I only know the 4 players I mentioned, and the top 3 would be MY top three.
Yeah, they've listed the handicaps of players who some might know, in order to give an estimate of what handicap a prospective entrant might expect in comparison.

~Doc