Balls

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
The table I play on there are two ball sets, both Aramith. One set is the "Pro Cup" and the other is a "Super" Aramith.

I increased my learning curve by watching the reaction of the Marks on the Pro Cup set, however they seem to play similar. I do not think there is a weight difference.

I found it educational to study angle redirection and controlling speed with spin by watching the reaction of the marks on the balls.

I seriously doubt at your level of play, the marked balls would prove educational. However it could help answer questions of 'what went wrong' .

It does add a reminder as to how "New" the cloth is playing, by watching the spin as the ball comes off the rail though.

Just my opinion.

BUD GREEN

Verified Member
I'd go with the pro-cup measle balls. The slight extra cost is well worth it. Even if the other top of the line balls play as well, the measle balls are such a better indicator of how much spin is on the ball that its worth it, IMO.

Much more than in pool.

What kind of table are you getting?

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
Not sure

Not sure

I don't know what kind of table it is but I'm getting it from friends of mine in WV.I thought I'd get the Simonis 300 cloth and with your kind advice Aramith balls.Thanks. I'm going to go pick it up after the DCC.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
300 Rapide

300 Rapide

Your a lucky man Grady,as long as its as you say, Simonis 300.After having 2 different 3-cushion tables,I would get the light blue personally but the traditional green works fine also.Get 2 sets of balls,Super Aramith,the best.One set for you and your friends and one set for the customers.Hopefully the rails are OK.And whatever you do,NEVER buy a 9 footer,their out there,make sure its a 10',good luck,Bob