Much knowledge to be shared.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I believe that this site is very unique in many ways, we have entertainment and the wisdom that most other sites are some what lacking in. Not saying that there is not wisdom in other sites, but there is much more one pocket wisdom shared on this site than any other site on the web. The Beard and The Duck have a wealth of knowledge, that should never be disputed. So lets try to share it instead of competing against one another on who is more knowledgeable.

What I learned from the 30 plus years doing commentary if I learned anything, is that I am much more knowledgeable today than I was before I started to do commentary. That is based on all the great champions that shared their insight of the matches we were doing, regardless of the game. And needless to say there is a lot more to learn than we already know, if you know what I mean.;)

Trust me, i'm a doctor

Billy I.

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
some pool player smarter than me told me that 'Life is too short to learn all there is about pool"

The Doctor is always correct.

Thanks Billy I. your comments are always a worth reading.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
billy i agree with you completely.
i also want to say that dick and freddy have shared some pearls ( and light barbs:D )in the end game threads. guys keep focused on teaching us and dont get side tracked:)

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
i've been around pool rooms since 85 and i'm still green when it comes to 1P knowledge. Like chess some people have better minds for it than others, and nobody knows everything. I dont think its possible to know everything about 1P. I dont have a good 1P brain, i can remember some of what I have been shown, but often over see the right shot, when its very obvious there is a shot thats far better than any other option. I just dont see them, I never had that problem in any other game. i'm not creative, cant draw, figure out how to match cloths, decorate houses, anything artistic I'm weak. But I can do numbers in my head easy thats why biz is easy for me. $ comes natural to me-when I have a biz. I think its one of those right/left brain things.

I do believe its possible to know everything about 6 ball and perhaps 9 ball, but not full rack 15 ball rotation. I'm not sure where the line is in that game from knowing everything to not knowing everything. It takes lots of creativity to run 15 balls, often when it looked impossible Efren still gets out, thinking "X" nunber of shots ahead, similar to chess.

so much pool, so little time.

Last edited:

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Ditto Fatboy

Ditto Fatboy

So much pool so little time,So many Christians so few lions.So many talkers so few listeners.So many movies so few actors.So long,B

Matt_24

Verified Member
Dr. Billy,

I've learned so much about pattern play/safties/etc from your commentating since I started watching Accu-stats videos in 98'. Thank you for your contributions to the pool fans and students throughout the years.

This is the best pool forum on the net.

Matt

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:
What I learned from the 30 plus years doing commentary if I learned anything, is that I am much more knowledgeable today than I was before I started to do commentary.

Billy I.
I trust you Bill but now I'm really confused. Artie said you can't learn anything about the game by being a commentator but you say you have:confused: . I'm really mixed up now.

P.S. You must really be bored today.

RBL

Skin

Verified Member
Knowing how to execute some of the shots is of equal value to me as knowing which shots to select and why. I am not talking about the basic shots, of course, but the many 1p shots/moves that are rarely encountered in other games. When that info gets included, it often is a real education for me as I have only been playing 1p for a couple of years. Thanks to all you guys who toss that into your post.

Skin

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
I trust you Bill but now I'm really confused. Artie said you can't learn anything about the game by being a commentator but you say you have:confused: . I'm really mixed up now.

P.S. You must really be bored today.

RBL

Dennis, you seem to me to be an intellegent person, and I always have felt that you could sort things out but I guess i'm mistaken. I'm sorry that you're mixed up unfortunately I can't help you any more than I already have. But since you're mixed up maybe I haven't helped you, which i'm again sorry for that.:(

Dr. Billy I.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
wincardona said:
Dennis, you seem to me to be an intellegent person, and I always have felt that you could sort things out but I guess i'm mistaken. I'm sorry that you're mixed up unfortunately I can't help you any more than I already have. But since you're mixed up maybe I haven't helped you, which i'm again sorry for that.:(

Dr. Billy I.
i may be naive:eek:
but i think dennis is being "mischeivious"
i remeber that discussion somewhat and it was obvious that
my recollection could be faulty
artie felt since noone knew more than him he couldnt learn anything by commentating:eek: :eek:
billy who admits we all have more to learn
took the approach by having the opportunity to pick the brains of champions while commentating you have to learn something:)
for me that has a greater void of knowledge to fill
have learned alot from the accustats you and others have commented on and your teaching here at 1p .org

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
lll said:
i may be naive:eek:
but i think dennis is being "mischeivious"
i remeber that discussion somewhat and it was obvious that
my recollection could be faulty
artie felt since noone knew more than him he couldnt learn anything by commentating:eek: :eek:
billy who admits we all have more to learn
took the approach by having the opportunity to pick the brains of champions while commentating you have to learn something:)
for me that has a greater void of knowledge to fill
have learned alot from the accustats you and others have commented on and your teaching here at 1p .org
Larry .. I think you busted Dennis in his "Mischeivosity" .. Thanks again for getting these topics kicked off with Billy's,Dick's,Rodneys, Freddies ,John B.and others ..End Game scenarios has renergized my thinking quite a bit in the past few days .. I sure needed the distraction because "I'm Gettin my mind right " for another Back/Shoulder surgery in the next few weeks..right now my left hand is approx 50% useless..Yesterday Rodney and me had a real good match..a light bulb or two that I didn't know I had was triggered ..learned more yesterday than I have in a long time .. had a couple of shots ..3 ball carom kicks and such come up and after match Rod would show me "THE LIGHT".I said I see that NOW.. but when I was in the game ..I told Rod some these shots are above my pay grade...thanks again guys :)
P.S. Yesterday was a fun pool day .. Rod ended up with 1 barrel of velvetta ..I was even playin under influence of Arnie S. pills

SJDinPHX

Suspended
wincardona said:

No need to apologize Bill, I've met RBL, and believe me...he is beyond help....:rolleyes:

Trust me, I am an intern..:cool:

Last edited: