Strongest One Pocket Room in the Country

beatle

Verified Member
the idea of a good action pool room isnt matching up or playing with one of the world beaters. it is playing for high stakes with average players in the joint who like to gamble and do it..

bstroud

Verified Member
Bill, you can get played by many people in Phoenix and for decent amounts of money. I can think of 6 off the top of my head such as Frost, Ellerman, Briseno, Emmons, Pettipiece, or the owner of Kolbys. As for myself I would take 10/6 which is what you give to Mike aka Kiwi. Me and Mike play fairly close but I am willing to bet more then $5-$10 a game, probably ten times that. I don't take forever to shoot and there is no bullshit involved if we play, I just try and shoot pool. Let me know if you want to play or maybe match up for some good cash with the better players I listed above.

Lenny,

I have played Bernie, Frost, Emmons a year or so ago. I only was playing with one eye so really didn't feel like betting high.

Things are different now. I can see again.

Last time I was in PHX I played Mike but no one else was around. I don't get to PHX much but next time I will let you know when I am coming and we can play.
I have no idea how you play but you can get the same game as Mike. 10 to 6.

Bill S.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Sounds like the "Gauntlet" has been thrown down! ;)

May I also say that, there are several players, 8-10 I'm sure, in the Chicago land area that would be willing to step up to mark with you Bill!
To name a few, obviously, Gentile, Ike, Sergio, Jeff Carter, "Ghost", Eric, Paul Naverette... I could go on. I'm pretty confident that they all would play, SETS in your price range!

Respectfully;

Last edited:

bstroud

Verified Member
Bill,

You were correct about pool and billiards changing. I really don't recognize the game today but I will learn it.

For a while I thought it was the balls. Now I see it is the cloth. Simmonis is a nightmare to play on. The cue ball runs on forever.

I just play by the game. never play sets.

Bill S.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Credit cards brook the country. And will keep the people broke. All people do is work to pay there credit cards taxes insurance. And you pay tax for everything you buy. Credit cards will keep they people brook.There is no getting even. Its a life time paying juice. Extortion Business is what credit cards do.And they destroy peoples good name and credibility. They never say one thing good about a person. All they do is destroy bad mouth people and make a hard working family man look like a dead beat and a bum. What creepy Government gives them they wright to bad mouth and destroy peoples lives. So they can brake everybody. Collecting juice. Credit cards is nothing more than a juice racket. That what the government said Al Capone was doing Now they are doing the same thing. And they have the whole country on Juice and are looking to put the whole world on juice and bust out the world. Collections for credit cards is 50 times worse than Al Capone or any other extortion business. And they put the whole country on juice. And all the people go over board. And they destroy the young and the Economy. There is no coming back or getting even paying 15%to 35% juice. They send out cards to kids who don't have two cents no job and give them a thousand dollar credit card. Getting them hooked Its worse than Heroine. Why Because everybody gets trapped. And if your credit report shows your score being low. They will raise your interest rate to a way higher percentage. What kind of shit is that. They charge people 25% interest instead of 3% interest. And our wonderful government lets them do it. I wonder Why. And they bus out the whole country. Credit cards could destroy all of America. Its not a Joke. Greatest extortion business in the world. And the Government oks it. Legeley Juice Extortion Business. And Credit report people butting peoples business on the street. Destroys lives and people. And then Collection. Muscle treat intimidation collecting money that's not even theirs a crime.Bad mouthing parents family and children. Collecting money is a dirty low down extortion business and should be stopette immediately. If not by the Government then by the people. Collection is a dirty stinken business that should never be allowed to threaten and intimidate the people. Is way out of line. Banks don't threaten you or muscle you if you owe money. The banks dont have a extortion collections working for them in the banking business. And they were in the loan business way before these credit cards credit report and collection. The the triple alliance the credit cards credit report and collection. Will be the ruination of America They are worse than Caner. Why don.t they give babies credit card. But up a add. Get your babies credit card today.

Yeah, it really is hard to think of anything worse than the credit situation in the country.

I just think the entire way "money" is handled is amazing. Let's look at the average Joe.... his paycheck gets direct deposited into his bank account. Let's call that paycheck 5k. The bank gets 10 times the leverage.... so the bank can now loan out 50k! Imagine if every time you made an investment, you could simply just multiply it by 10 for free. This is the govt backed number. Now, imagine the bank has 500,000 people with this direct deposit coming in every month. Maybe small stuff to the banks, but man that is a lot of "juice" as you out it, for nothin, just from direct deposit.

The thing that amazes me, this guy who just got his 5k put in the bank will then pay maybe 1000 straight to his credit card payments, maybe 1500 to his mortgage, 1000 for gas and food. My point where I am going with this is how much of this guy's cash do you think will actually pass through his hands?? Very very little, maybe 5%. There just isn't any cash floating around nowadays, it is all inside these banks, and the banks are making huge profits on it and paying nothing.

There is just no cash out there for a pool player to win. Also, perhaps of small importance here, but let's say joe blow is walking by a strawberry stand, and sees some beautiful strawberries a guys is selling near the freeway. They look so good he wants to buy a whole flat of them, maybe give some to the neighbors, whatever. A flat is 25 bucks, He reaches into his pocket and pulls out 8 dollars. So the little businesses out there are screwed, while the bank is just loving it. Everything is geared toward the big guys the way we handle our money now. I don't know, I think people should carry more cash on us to potentially help the little guy, and I think all other cash should go straight someplace where it can actually do some good like the stock market. I personally like low to no fee tracker funds, put a little in every month to even out the curves and just forget the money is in there.

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Yeah, it really is hard to think of anything worse than the credit situation in the country.

I just think the entire way "money" is handled is amazing. Let's look at the average Joe.... his paycheck gets direct deposited into his bank account. Let's call that paycheck 5k. The bank gets 10 times the leverage.... so the bank can now loan out 50k! Imagine if every time you made an investment, you could simply just multiply it by 10 for free. This is the govt backed number. Now, imagine the bank has 500,000 people with this direct deposit coming in every month. Maybe small stuff to the banks, but man that is a lot of "juice" as you out it, for nothin, just from direct deposit.

The thing that amazes me, this guy who just got his 5k put in the bank will then pay maybe 1000 straight to his credit card payments, maybe 1500 to his mortgage, 1000 for gas and food. My point where I am going with this is how much of this guy's cash do you think will actually pass through his hands?? Very very little, maybe 5%. There just isn't any cash floating around nowadays, it is all inside these banks, and the banks are making huge profits on it and paying nothing.

There is just no cash out there for a pool player to win. Also, perhaps of small importance here, but let's say joe blow is walking by a strawberry stand, and sees some beautiful strawberries a guys is selling near the freeway. They look so good he wants to buy a whole flat of them, maybe give some to the neighbors, whatever. A flat is 25 bucks, He reaches into his pocket and pulls out 8 dollars. So the little businesses out there are screwed, while the bank is just loving it. Everything is geared toward the big guys the way we handle our money now. I don't know, I think people should carry more cash on us to potentially help the little guy, and I think all other cash should go straight someplace where it can actually do some good like the stock market. I personally like low to no fee tracker funds, put a little in every month to even out the curves and just forget the money is in there.

I've got a $134 on me right now. But that strawberry stand won't take my $100 bill

Obama care is taking $450 per month. More than twice what I was paying

bstroud

Verified Member
The old adage "pay yourself first" seems to have disappeared.
Most people are so far in debt the just have nothing left over.

A lot of it is self discipline. People today seem to want everything NOW instead of waiting until they have the money to pay for it. Only the very rich pay cash.

The banks and the corporations are the most to blame. 25 and 30% are common rates if you get behind. I hold the politicians responsible for it all. In their desire to get reelected they will do anything the banks and the corporations want.

Our system is completely broken and doesn't look like it will change in my lifetime.

Bill S.

unoperro

Verified Member
Example of nobody carries cash:
I go to golfcourse awaiting tee time. Looking at Fairway woods,golf pro asks if I want to try one? I said yes. He says let me hold a cc. I gave him 3 100 bills. He looked puzzled.I go play come back in give him club back. Said I needed a diff shaft. He didnt have one so I got my deposit back.
He asked me Why do you carry so much cash? I told him you dont have to worry about cc fraud and some "deals" can be had with cash. He looked dumbfounded.

I went to dentist 1800 I asked if there is a cash discount? They didnt know!
I counted out 1500 asked what insurance rate is? They say well you dont have insurance. I told them yes this cash is insurance. They took my money but acted like cash was disgusting.

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member

I know what you mean, Tyler D. I just started paying all my utilities online last year, because it's just so quick and easy. I also just started using my card to pay at the pump to fill up quickly and move out fast. I still like to keep at least one thousand on me in case somebody wants to sell a gun or something or maybe trace the Red Card. I'll still toss it. Not really. Retired the red card...

bstroud

Verified Member
Sounds like the "Gauntlet" has been thrown down! ;)

May I also say that, there are several players, 8-10 I'm sure, in the Chicago land area that would be willing to step up to mark with you Bill!
To name a few, obviously, Gentile, Ike, Sergio, Jeff Carter, "Ghost", Eric, Paul Naverette... I could go on. I'm pretty confident that they all would play, SETS in your price range!

Respectfully;

Bill,

Are there some decent Blue Label Diamonds in the CHI area?
If so I might plan a trip. I sure like to play. I just don't like to play on old Gold Crowns that have been tricked up.

Bill S.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Bill,

Are there some decent Blue Label Diamonds in the CHI area?
If so I might plan a trip. I sure like to play. I just don't like to play on old Gold Crowns that have been tricked up.

Bill S.

Couldn't really tell you, Bill. I've been in living in Cocoa Beach, FL. for the last 10 years. The one to ask about everything from, food to pool spots is the "Ghost."

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Lenny,

I have played Bernie, Frost, Emmons a year or so ago. I only was playing with one eye so really didn't feel like betting high.

Things are different now. I can see again.

Last time I was in PHX I played Mike but no one else was around. I don't get to PHX much but next time I will let you know when I am coming and we can play.
I have no idea how you play but you can get the same game as Mike. 10 to 6.

Bill S.
Sounds good to me. Hope to see you around soon.

tsk7878

Verified Member
From
chicago,il
diamond tables

diamond tables

Bill, there's a spot in Grayslake,Il that has 16 new 4.5 x 9 diamonds and 8 new diamond bar tables. It's Shooters , Tom Karabotsos used to be in there many years ago. Great place,friendly people, a little action.Some decent shortstops.

bstroud

Verified Member
Bill, there's a spot in Grayslake,Il that has 16 new 4.5 x 9 diamonds and 8 new diamond bar tables. It's Shooters , Tom Karabotsos used to be in there many years ago. Great place,friendly people, a little action.Some decent shortstops.

Sounds like a great room.
Do any of the players Bill mentioned come in there?

Bill S.

tsk7878

Verified Member
From
chicago,il
players

players

Bill. they'd probably show if they knew you were in town. Lots of guys a notch below those that Bill mentioned but Josh kalkenbrenner, Julian Flores ,Tomas Maldonato,Scott Cohen.Bill Fowler might test the waters with a spot. Like Artie says, you gotta sell it

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
I've got a $134 on me right now. But that strawberry stand won't take my $100 bill

Obama care is taking $450 per month. More than twice what I was paying
Supplement insurance is on big rip of. And they hustle the senior citizens with it. Do not buy supplement insurance if you are getting social security. Do not by a prescription drug plan. For the prescription drug plan. I would have to pay. About 7 hundred dollars a year. I now pay 40 dollars every 3 months for my month medication. At walmart High Blood pressure pills and my diabetis 2 diabetic pills. That's saving 600 hundred dollars a year.And the supplement insurance is abut 230 dollars a month.Witch comes to $2, 660 .00 a year. In 5 years that's $16,300.00 In 5 years. With interest its about $18,000.00
In 5 years. Ten years you are playing about 38 thousand dollars.For nothing. And what most people don't no Medicare only covers 80% of the bill. Her is the catch.

When they send you a hospital bill for one hundred thousand dollar.Medicare only pays 80% of your bill. And you owe the 20% witch you think is 20 thousand dollars.

That's not the real bill.Medicare out of there 80% will only pay the hospital. Maybe $40,000.00 dollars. And all you have to pay is 50 percent of your 20 thousand dollars. And your Supplement insurance and Medicare will only pay for so many days of your hospital bi.

And Medicare and the supplement wont cover certain test MRI extra and exams.And they wont pay for certain medications and drugs. They are ripping you of for your money. And most people who die. Don't even die in the hospitals. Don't go for there rip of.And humana Insurance. try's to scare you into buy there drug plan and supplement insurance. @0 years you safe 80 to 100 thousand dollars. You can give to your wife family or your kids.

Shakeysmooth

In Seattle, the best action room for one pocket is wherever Harry Platis is facing off....usually the Golden Fleece these days. Harry sits next to a wall plaque and photo of his Hall of Fame entry as a Man of Action, takes on all comers. There's smaller $ action on other tables too.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Supplement insurance is on big rip of. And they hustle the senior citizens with it. Do not buy supplement insurance if you are getting social security. Do not by a prescription drug plan. For the prescription drug plan. I would have to pay. About 7 hundred dollars a year. I now pay 40 dollars every 3 months for my month medication. At walmart High Blood pressure pills and my diabetis 2 diabetic pills. That's saving 600 hundred dollars a year.And the supplement insurance is abut 230 dollars a month.Witch comes to $2, 660 .00 a year. In 5 years that's $16,300.00 In 5 years. With interest its about $18,000.00
In 5 years. Ten years you are playing about 38 thousand dollars.For nothing. And what most people don't no Medicare only covers 80% of the bill. Her is the catch.

When they send you a hospital bill for one hundred thousand dollar.Medicare only pays 80% of your bill. And you owe the 20% witch you think is 20 thousand dollars.

That's not the real bill.Medicare out of there 80% will only pay the hospital. Maybe $40,000.00 dollars. And all you have to pay is 50 percent of your 20 thousand dollars. And your Supplement insurance and Medicare will only pay for so many days of your hospital bi.

And Medicare and the supplement wont cover certain test MRI extra and exams.And they wont pay for certain medications and drugs. They are ripping you of for your money. And most people who die. Don't even die in the hospitals. Don't go for there rip of.And humana Insurance. try's to scare you into buy there drug plan and supplement insurance. @0 years you safe 80 to 100 thousand dollars. You can give to your wife family or your kids.

The thing about insurance is that it's best when you don't have to use it. So your experience may not generalize. The cost of drugs for many other conditions would blow away the cost of your drug plan premiums. Then what? (Bankruptcy and Medicaid, typically).

Every single dollar I've ever spent on fire and flood insurance has been wasted--I've only paid money and never received a penny back. Yet it's still a pretty good idea to have fire insurance.

Back to the subject at hand: In the DC area, most of the strong one pocket is played at Fast Eddies in Springfield and First Break in Sterling. You might run into Brian Deska, Brandon Shuff, Danny Green, Chamberlain, Clatterbuck, Pookie; also, more local or less well known players like Buck and Ilir; I haven't heard tell of Bus Driver Ronnie in a while, but I assume he's around somewhere.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Thanks for the .....

Thanks for the .....

.....tip Shakey,will be in Seattle around Labor Day,cheers,James