Tony "Banks" Coleman

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I have been trying to get Tony to come on to the forum for awhile, and he has finally relented. He caught a flashback at Red Shoes last saturday (after he beat me) and came up with packages of 5's, 6's, and 7's to brutally overpower Piggy and Carter to get to the finals. Tony offered to bet the whole purse in the finals -- as usual -- but Jeff demurred and they wound ended up cutting up 1st and 2nd.

He left a message that he didnt know how to register on our site. I will talk him thru when I hear back from him.

Beard

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:
I have been trying to get Tony to come on to the forum for awhile, and he has finally relented. He caught a flashback at Red Shoes last saturday (after he beat me) and came up with packages of 5's, 6's, and 7's to brutally overpower Piggy and Carter to get to the finals. Tony offered to bet the whole purse in the finals -- as usual -- but Jeff demurred and they wound ended up cutting up 1st and 2nd.

He left a message that he didnt know how to register on our site. I will talk him thru when I hear back from him.

Beard
You just can't have too many bank players on a site:D .

Dennis

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
You just can't have too many bank players on a site:D .

Dennis

I whole heartedly agree, next thing you know, we'll have all eleven of them on here !..:p :p :p

PS...But do we really need any more than my hero...John B....? Next I suppose you'll want all five billiard players on here ??? :D

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
New forum

New forum

I asked Steve Booth, that since we have now filled up the Bank Forum with all those "eleven bankers," that it was only fair to start a new Pool Playin' UPS Driver Forum but Steve turned it down because we only had the one guy. Steve said if I could ever dig up another pool playin' UPS'er he might consider it.

Beard

I for one would love for that UPS man to have his own forum so I could go over to it -- even tho I would have no real interest in it whatsoever -- and piss on the UPS threads, just like he does on the bank pool ones here.

You know, stuff like, "Watching somebody unload a truck is almost as boring as watching Nick Varner play the wedge game." and, "If you ever dared fool with me in a pool game, I'll have you putting those UPS shorts on backwards."

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:
I asked Steve Booth, that since we have now filled up the Bank Forum with all those "eleven bankers," that it was only fair to start a new Pool Playin' UPS Driver Forum but Steve turned it down because we only had the one guy. Steve said if I could ever dig up another pool playin' UPS'er he might consider it.

Beard

I for one would love for that UPS man to have his own forum so I could go over to it -- even tho I would have no real interest in it whatsoever -- and piss on the UPS threads, just like he does on the bank pool ones here.

You know, stuff like, "Watching somebody unload a truck is almost as boring as watching Nick Varner play the wedge game." and, "If you ever dared fool with me in a pool game, I have you putting those UPS shorts on backwards."

Now thats what I like, a man who can retaliate in kind...See, I hate to have to explain in great detail, but I do know there are really more than eleven bank pool players
on the bank pool forum..It could soar into the high twenties...Not to too sure about the billiard players though... (Five, may be generous).:rolleyes:

It is refreshing to have a best selling author, put together a few words of really classy [sic] sarcasm, without resorting to ethnic slurs, and extremely foul schoolyard language..:( ..Congratulatios sir !

UPS Duck <---Wonders if this will this be a welcome new trend ?.:D

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I am not sure

I am not sure

usblues said:
This is Bushwackers old road partner ya Freddie?

There were two Tony Banks. This one is the good bank player from Benton Harbor Mi. I dont know if he ran with Gary Nolan (Bushwacker) or not. We'll ask him when he shows up on the forum.

Beard

brandoncook26

I was a supervisor at UPS for almost 10 years. I don't play as good as Tony Coleman but I will get there someday. Even if you did have a forum for the brown, it would be the last place I visited, lol. That place sucked.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
OKe Dokee

OKe Dokee

Sounds good Freddie,if I remember right he wanted to give Dallas West some weight playing banks and Dallas wouldnt play him.IF I have the right guy.Early 80's............

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I was just kidding about a U Pus forum

I was just kidding about a U Pus forum

brandoncook26 said:
I was a supervisor at UPS for almost 10 years. I don't play as good as Tony Coleman but I will get there someday. Even if you did have a forum for the brown, it would be the last place I visited, lol. That place sucked.

That is a coincidence. There is a pool playing former U PuS employee that also sucks.

Beard

brandoncook26

fred bentivegna said:
That is a coincidence. There is a pool playing former U PuS employee that also sucks.

Beard

I know you were kidding, but anytime I can expound on the follies of working there I try and do so. It's like a mini mission in life.

What kind of dog is in your avatar? It looks like a dachshund but I can't tell.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
brandoncook26 said:
I know you were kidding, but anytime I can expound on the follies of working there I try and do so. It's like a mini mission in life.

What kind of dog is in your avatar? It looks like a dachshund but I can't tell.

I believe that is his recently departed dachsie 'Little Eva'. It is probaly the best avatar he has ever chosen...(can you imagine a picture of [sic] him ?)...:rolleyes:....Boggles the mind of even a UPS feeder driver.

UPS Duck<---In his 20+ years, there he hated all his supervisors, except the ones who drank with him..:p

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
SJDinPHX said:
I believe that is his recently departed dachsie 'Little Eva'. It is probaly the best avatar he has ever chosen...(can you imagine a picture of [sic] him ?)...:rolleyes:....Boggles the mind of even a UPS feeder driver.

UPS Duck<---In his 20+ years, there he hated all his supervisors, except the ones who drank with him..:p

nice avatar Mr. San Jose!

very tasty!

cuesmith

Verified Member
Tony has a lot of heart. He asked Gary to play 3 times and didn't like it. Then Gary asked him to play after that but he said it was too tough of action. Anyone know if Gene Lathem is still around. He was a gentleman pool player from Indiana who played very sporty banks. Gary played him several times giving him 10-8 and always won but it was never stealing. Gene played real good bank pool.

Red Shoes

Verified Member
From
Park Forest Illinois
Gene Lathem

Gene Lathem

The last time I saw Gene was in 1999 or 2000 ish, at the US Open One Pocket in Kalamazoo (when it was moved to the hotel instead of Matt's room). He was my second round draw. He was with a woman (might have been his wife). He seemed to be in good health/spirits then, but then again that was over 10 years ago.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
fred bentivegna said:

Beard

I believe Tony is in Vegas right now and has been in some action per RA.

JAM

Verified Member
jrhendy said:
I believe Tony is in Vegas right now and has been in some action per RA.

There's Action Jackson going on every single day. I heard Tony made a nice score.

All the action men are flying to Vegas. Has RA been able to get a game?

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
JAM said:
There's Action Jackson going on every single day. I heard Tony made a nice score.

All the action men are flying to Vegas. Has RA been able to get a game?

I talked to him yesterday and he has some irons in the fire and a new stakehorse. The other one pulled up after 20k (some of it RA's).

Things are poppin there right now, wish I could go.