ronnie allen

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
Steve my problem with the shot you showed is I would be afraid of the scratch coming off the ball you kicked, it a nice shot if you don't scratch.---Smitty

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Don't know what RA shot, but this is WIWD also Steve. Good eye. A little high lhe and a little deeper hit behind the ball will help hold the CB short of the corner pocket. No scratch here if kicked with pocket speed. Good shot.

You nailed it again Jeff, the high inside ball will draw off the stripe and hold the cue ball close to the side rail, this shot has to be hit with a med. speed to insure the english to work it's magic. By the way, this shot was one of Ronnies favorite shots, i learned it playing him, thanks R.A.

Dr. Bill

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Don't know what RA shot, but this is WIWD also Steve. Good eye. A little high lhe and a little deeper hit behind the ball will help hold the CB short of the corner pocket. No scratch here if kicked with pocket speed. Good shot.

You nailed it again Jeff, the high inside ball will draw off the stripe and hold the cue ball close to the side rail, this shot has to be hit with a med. speed to insure the english to work it's magic. By the way, this shot was one of Ronnies favorite shots, i learned it playing him, thanks R.A.

Dr. Bill

isnt just the high (follow) that brings the cue ball back to the side rail??
how does the inside english help that??
my only guess is because it gets you to hit the object ball fatter so the follow takes better??

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I think he did this, what I'd do.

Looks to me that you can't shoot hard enough to pocket the OB and soft enough to avoid leaving a shot on the 2 if you miss, but playing 100% make is probably good enough for you and Ronnie.

I really like that bank angle, and with the score as it is, I might even go for it myself. Grady used to say, "Don't pass up easy banks... if you don't make those you're probably going to lose anyway." (And Freddie would respond: "Probably?") :)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
ronnie tried to drill the stripe on the long rail(10?) and come 3 -4 cushions with draw around the table for shape and/or safe.
he just barely missed
got a good roll to not sell out
rc2.jpg

rc3.jpg

beatle

Verified Member
to point out another easy shot though not the maybe best, is a three rail the 2 ball and draw back for safe or position.

down 5 balls i would tend to shoot the bank shot that gave me the best chance of making up a bunch of balls.

if i could out move my opponent up table easily i would go for cowboys shot and rid him of most of his balls.