pool biz

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
I just sent them an e-mail about making our access to wei so complicated. I raised a little hell with them I might add. I think EVERY member of this site needs to do the same. Maybe we can get something done. I think we should call for a boycott of ALL their sponsors if something isn't done.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
blackeee said:
I just sent them an e-mail about making our access to wei so complicated. I raised a little hell with them I might add. I think EVERY member of this site needs to do the same. Maybe we can get something done. I think we should call for a boycott of ALL their sponsors if something isn't done.

Blackeee,

I am not a big fan of WEI tables, but they provide a good service to those that are. Someone put a lot of thankless effort into this project, and when used properly, they can be a good tool.

I am sure things will get smoothed out soon...let's not go radical on them.

Last edited:

Skin

Verified Member
blackeee said:

The WEI seems to work like it used to with Firefox, as Calired figured out. Try that browser and see how it works for you, blackeee.

Skin

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Yes, i was hoping to get more responses to my question about which OS, which browser so I could go to the guy with some facts. I think only about 2 people responded.

I do got his ear though, just was hoping to have a little more data to give him

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
Blackeee,

I am not a big fan of WEI tables, but they provide a good service to those that are. Someone put a lot of thankless effort into this project, and when used properly, they can be a good tool.

I am sure things will get smoothed out soon...let's not go radical on them.

Wow, a voice of reason from the lunatic fringe. I thought you'd blame the WEI problems on the O-Man and the democrats Ducky. WEI provides us a free service, let's not go crazy on PoolBz Keith. Besides, SJD has never missed a ball on the WEI, not even a two-railer:cool: .

Dennis

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
Cowboy Dennis said:
Wow, a voice of reason from the lunatic fringe. I thought you'd blame the WEI problems on the O-Man and the democrats Ducky. WEI provides us a free service, let's not go crazy on PoolBz Keith. Besides, SJD has never missed a ball on the WEI, not even a two-railer:cool: .

Dennis

I suppose you're right. I downloaded Firefox and still couldn't get anything going. Maybe my 5 year old grand-son can help me.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
CaliRed said:
Yes, i was hoping to get more responses to my question about which OS, which browser so I could go to the guy with some facts. I think only about 2 people responded.

I do got his ear though, just was hoping to have a little more data to give him
Red, I'm down out of town in Florida using my laptop. It has IE7 on Windows XP. It seems to get to the Pool Biz site just fine. I just scroll down to the Billiard Learning and Visualization feature, then click on Cuetable.

Doc

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
For me it doesn't work also.... I am frustrated becasue I can't edit an existing layout. When I click on the table to open up a window the link takes me to a page with no table.

i do have the ability to create a table from scratch but I can't edit. :mad:

Dud

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
for all who reply

for all who reply

Please state your Operating System and Browser .... and versions

I have no problems bringing it up with XP pro, Service Pack 3 (this info can be had right clicking on 'my computer' and selecting 'Properties'). Browser is MS Explorer ver 7.0.5730.13 (in Browser click 'Help' and then 'About').

make CaliRed's life easier.

I suspect what happened is that the software went from the domain of a guy who loved pool and coding to a guy who loves pool and would like to generate some profit: hence the 3-D version introduction (I know ... my logic is leaping a bit there). There is no judgment on my part in the above statement just an observation. Anyway, any improvement on the scale of the 3-D table is apt to depend upon pre-existing code or require alteration of underlying algorithms ... change can often cause strange behavior.

AND , that said ..... I go to a post ....

jrhendy said:
Here is the layout for a game I was in recently. We were racing to five and I had lost the first set. The ball is in my opponents hole and he needs one and the score on the set is 4/2 in his favor.

This shot pumped me up and knocked the wind out of the other player.

I got out from here in this game and won the next two games to break even.

Made me feel like a winner in this spot.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@3CXpi3EAYg3GChu2PQSu@

Click on the URL and wind up only at their 'HomePage' with no table in sight.

Those who know me know what I have to say about this.

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
KindlyOleUncleDave said:
AND , that said ..... I go to a post ....

Click on the URL and wind up only at their 'HomePage' with no table in sight.

Those who know me know what I have to say about this.

I switched to firefox and now the table comes up. :)
Rod.

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
androd said:
I switched to firefox and now the table comes up. :)
Rod.

My registry already looks like a chinese *^#@ story .... so screw it ... I can live without just on principle.

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
I use Windows XP Pro Ver 2002 Service Pack 3. I have attached a .pdf of what I see when I click on a wei table to edit.

As I said in my earlier post I can make a layout from scratch just cannot edit an existing table. (unless there is a way to edit one that I don't know of???)

View attachment pool.bz wei table.pdf

I tried to register at pool.bz hoping that this would fix the problem, was rejected with a message saying I was spamming. Then wrote a message to the forum administrator and have seen no response. I am a little frustrated with the lack of response.

Dud

(might become a weitable hater like SJD ;))

Last edited:

Skin

Verified Member
KindlyOleUncleDave said:
My registry already looks like a chinese *^#@ story .... so screw it ... I can live without just on principle.

Self control, Dave.

Here is a line I heard when computers first came out...

"My computer drilled me at chess but it was no match at kick boxing." :)

And there is this...

“We do, doodley do, doodley do, doodely do,
What we must, muddily must, muddily must, muddily must;
Muddily do, muddily do, muddily do, muddily do,
Until we bust, bodily bust, bodily bust, bodily bust."

- Bokonon, Cat's Cradle, Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Courage!

Skin

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Skin said:
Self control, Dave.

Here is a line I heard when computers first came out...

"My computer drilled me at chess but it was no match at kick boxing." :)

And there is this...

“We do, doodley do, doodley do, doodely do,
What we must, muddily must, muddily must, muddily must;
Muddily do, muddily do, muddily do, muddily do,
Until we bust, bodily bust, bodily bust, bodily bust."

- Bokonon, Cat's Cradle, Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Courage!

Skin
kindlyold uncle dave(sp) walks to his own drummer.jmho id let him dance any dance he wants:)

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
KindlyOleUncleDave said:

Actually it's a much better and faster browser than IE 7 that I had.
Rod.