What are the best one pocket tapes?

Peter Bresee

My birthday is in two weeks! My sweet mother has insisted I suggest a gift. One pocket videos come to mind, but there's too many to choose from! Any recommendations?? Thanks in advance!

keoneyo

Verified Member
My birthday is in two weeks! My sweet mother has insisted I suggest a gift. One pocket videos come to mind, but there's too many to choose from! Any recommendations?? Thanks in advance!

One of my recent favorites is the last MIH from accustats. Danny Smith defeats Efren then Efren comes back to defeat Smith in the finals. Some of the best one pocket.
Also Efren again at the Derby. D6-1P4D-Billy Palmer beats Efren. Then Efren comes back and beats Palmer in the semis-D6-1P6D

These matches are some of the best one pocket matches available.

My all time favorite is an oldie from 1988. Shannon Daulton beats Efren Reyes 4 to 3 at the Legends of One Pocket semi finals in Baton Rouge. Very tough match that goes to the hill.

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

I feel I get more out of matches with good commentators than with pure instructional stuff.

If your purpose is learning, choose tournament matches by commentator (Bill Incardona, Jeremy Jones, Joey Aguzin, Scott Rabon, Dave Maddox, Buddy Hall, IMO.)

If it's entertainment, Efren-Raphael, Efren-Shannon, Efren-Alex, Buddy-Jeremy, Alex-Anyone.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
There is one all-time classic game in a 1994 match from Roanoke, with Bill Incardona and Howard Vickery. Every player should see it.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

For the entertainment value of the match and also the commentary this one cannot be beat:http://www.1vshop.com/Accu-Stats/st...&PNAME=Johnny+Ervolino++vs.+Mike+Sigel*+(DVD)

Here is a post from 4 years ago about this DVD:

Cowboy Dennis said:
Ervolino/Sigel 1991 L.O.P.- Philadelphia Style

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been watching this again and all I can say is, if you don't own this match, then beg borrow or steal the money to order it. The match goes the full 9 games and it's very good. The old mover vs. the young shooter. If that's not enough on it's own you get Cornbread in the booth I think at the beginning of the 3rd game and Freddy comes in at the beginning of the 8th game. Red & Freddy join Buddy & Grady.

Freddy describes his "Rogues Gallery" and the top 10 players that will be in it. Red asks who they are. Freddy lists his requirements to be in the gallery.

Freddy also discusses RA, AB and the reason they didn't play. He also says something that most of you won't notice or pay attention to and I'll bet he'd like to take it back. Too late Freddy but I'm not telling anyone.

Buy this DVD if it's the only one you'll ever own. It's great and it's more than 3 hrs. of entertainment.

Dennis

Good luck finding anything better for your money:).

Dennis

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

Dennis Orcollo vs Darren Appleton, 2014, Accu-Stats.

Because they are two players not yet well-versed in some of the nuances of one-pocket, despite their playing very well they provided Dr. Bill with many opportunities to offer valuable insights regarding good and bad choices and possible alternatives.

Peter Bresee

Dennis Orcollo vs Darren Appleton, 2014, Accu-Stats.

Because they are two players not yet well-versed in some of the nuances of one-pocket, despite their playing very well they provided Dr. Bill with many opportunities to offer valuable insights regarding good and bad choices and possible alternatives.

Thanks for your input! Do you have a link to where this is sold? I cannot locate it.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
For the entertainment value of the match and also the commentary this one cannot be beat:http://www.1vshop.com/Accu-Stats/st...&PNAME=Johnny+Ervolino++vs.+Mike+Sigel*+(DVD)

Good luck finding anything better for your money:).

Dennis

Thanks, Dennis. I will try to check your suggestion out. Along the same vein, check this one out: http://www.1vshop.com/Accu-Stats/st...0515&PNAME=Buddy+Hall+vs.+Jeremy+Jones*+(DVD)

One of the best hill-hill games you will ever see and the commentary is hilarious (and informative) when Freddy the Beard joins Billy I & Danny D in the booth for the final game. The whole match is entertaining and to see a young JJ is something to see, he was wise beyond his years and gave Buddy all he could handle.

Dave

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Thanks for your input! Do you have a link to where this is sold? I cannot locate it.

http://accu-stats.com/

"Pick out “Any 10” Accu-Stats produced DVD’s from our extensive library and pay only $100.00 plus shipping.

Please be advised that DVD's from:
the 2015 "Make It Happen" 1-Pocket or 10-Ball Invitational
and the 2015 U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship
are NOT included in this sale.

When ordering from the store on our website simply
write “Any 10” in the comments line at the checkout so we know you are availing yourself of this Special Offer."

Catalogue

The Appleton-Orcullo match is stock number AS14-1P2d

(BTW, this is a company you can trust 100%. Anything goes wrong, owner Pat Fleming will fix it for you.)

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Thanks, Dennis. I will try to check your suggestion out. Along the same vein, check this one out: http://www.1vshop.com/Accu-Stats/st...0515&PNAME=Buddy+Hall+vs.+Jeremy+Jones*+(DVD)

One of the best hill-hill games you will ever see and the commentary is hilarious (and informative) when Freddy the Beard joins Billy I & Danny D in the booth for the final game. The whole match is entertaining and to see a young JJ is something to see, he was wise beyond his years and gave Buddy all he could handle.

Dave

Yes, this one is VERY good... 1998 Baton Rouge, wasn't it?

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Dave

Dave,

I own that match also. I think it's over 3 hrs. and two DVD's. They play a little slow. I didn't remember Freddy coming into the booth, I'll have to take a look this weekend. Freddy was great in the booth.

Dennis

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
...Freddy was great in the booth.

Dennis

Yes he was - he was my favorite, especially in a supporting role w/Billy. They were great together.

The match is long (about 200 minutes), but worth the time. The ebb and flow of the match w/momentum and rolls changing sides was great, plus that last game was amazing.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
http://accu-stats.com/

"Pick out “Any 10” Accu-Stats produced DVD’s from our extensive library and pay only $100.00 plus shipping.

Please be advised that DVD's from:
the 2015 "Make It Happen" 1-Pocket or 10-Ball Invitational
and the 2015 U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship
are NOT included in this sale.

When ordering from the store on our website simply
write “Any 10” in the comments line at the checkout so we know you are availing yourself of this Special Offer."

Catalogue

The Appleton-Orcullo match is stock number AS14-1P2d

(BTW, this is a company you can trust 100%. Anything goes wrong, owner Pat Fleming will fix it for you.)

I can't find this match on the AccuStats site. I looked from 2010 to 2015 and also did a search.

Dennis

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I can't find this match on the AccuStats site. I looked from 2010 to 2015 and also did a search.

Dennis

It was in the All Star Invitational 2014 where they played round robins of 8, 10, and 1P.

Unless I copied the stock ID incorrectly, I feel sure you could get it by asking by number.

I'll double check the number again if you don't have any luck (it's not drop-dead simple for me to find it, but easy enough if its necessary.)