Legends of johnston city

Ross Keith Thompson

Verified Member
From
madisonville, texas
All around play in johnston city

All around play in johnston city

In the case of one player winning 2 divisions in Johnston City he would still have to play an all round with the other division winner. 14.1 TO 125, NINE BALL A RACE TO ELEVEN AND ONE POCKET, A RACE TO FOUR.

So the all around title would be three matches of these games unless one of the players won two straight matches at any game and he would be the winner.

In the case of three winners such as 1970, we all played 6 matches apiece which was brutal, resulting in 18 total matches played in one day.

The marathon lasted from noonish to the wi hours of the morning. I can't think of worse opponents to face in the all around than Ronnie and Lassiter. Or should I say the best ones to face in the all around. I didn't like taking a back seat to anyone so I gave it my best shot. Both were heavy hitters and it was a blast to see Ronnie wearing his pants out on his stool seat, LOL.

As far as fading away no one loved the game anymore than I did, I loved the idea of walking into any pool room in the country and playing any body their nine ball or one pocket in front of there home crowd.

But the one thing I never ran into was an older pool great that had any money and believe me I met most of them. Combine that and having trouble finding a game in the major action spots and it wasn't that hard to FADE AWAY!

When the only games you could get was Tall Jeff, Buddy Hall, Cardona and so on. I knew some painters that were making more money than I was, LOL. So I started painting, LOL.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
In the case of one player winning 2 divisions in Johnston City he would still have to play an all round with the other division winner. 14.1 TO 125, NINE BALL A RACE TO ELEVEN AND ONE POCKET, A RACE TO FOUR.

So the all around title would be three matches of these games unless one of the players won two straight matches at any game and he would be the winner.

In the case of three winners such as 1970, we all played 6 matches apiece which was brutal, resulting in 18 total matches played in one day.

The marathon lasted from noonish to the wi hours of the morning. I can't think of worse opponents to face in the all around than Ronnie and Lassiter. Or should I say the best ones to face in the all around. I didn't like taking a back seat to anyone so I gave it my best shot. Both were heavy hitters and it was a blast to see Ronnie wearing his pants out on his stool seat, LOL.

As far as fading away no one loved the game anymore than I did, I loved the idea of walking into any pool room in the country and playing any body their nine ball or one pocket in front of there home crowd.

But the one thing I never ran into was an older pool great that had any money and believe me I met most of them. Combine that and having trouble finding a game in the major action spots and it wasn't that hard to FADE AWAY!

When the only games you could get was Tall Jeff, Buddy Hall, Cardona and so on. I knew some painters that were making more money than I was, LOL. So I started painting, LOL.

keith
thanks for explaining how the all around winner won the crown.
also thanks for coming to the site and sharing your perspective
larry

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Re: JC, I was showing these to Miller and kollegedave last night.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• IMG_0526.jpg
    IMG_0526.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 0

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
As in Michelangelo or as in house painting?

lol I wouldn't be surprised if even Michelangelo died broke. Trying to make a living as an artist is probably twice as tough as pool!

House painting though, now that is an upstanding trade -- at least it was until they took the lead out of exterior paints. When exterior paint was invented by the ancient Romans or Greeks or Egyptians, if it was the junk they have today it never would have caught on. :D:D

keoneyo

Verified Member
lol I wouldn't be surprised if even Michelangelo died broke. Trying to make a living as an artist is probably twice as tough as pool!

House painting though, now that is an upstanding trade -- at least it was until they took the lead out of exterior paints. When exterior paint was invented by the ancient Romans or Greeks or Egyptians, if it was the junk they have today it never would have caught on. :D:D

He and Donatello, Leonardo, and Rafael, are all doing well in the underground in New York eating their pizza with Splinter. Oh not the Ninja Turtles Michelangelo?
Kidding aside Michelangelo was very succesful and called the Divine One. He was the first artist to ever have a biography printed while he was alive. With all the sponsorships he had you can be sure died a wealthy man. Plus the fact he will always be remembered forever seems pretty sure of his spiritual wealth.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Speaking of the immortality of the work of great artists, Fred Meier, a deceased very rich owner of a chain of Grocery/hard goods stores in Michigan, endowed an outdoor sculpture garden in Grand Rapids. There you can find as exact a replica as possible of the great Da Vinci horse made of brass. Leonardo never made it in his lifetime. Every time he had stockpiled enough bronze to make it, a war would be declared and they would have to use his bronze for cannons. The one in Grand Rapids is one of two the other of which he gave to the town of Milan, Italy. It is really something to see.

http://www.studioequus.com/story.html