Artie commentary: Frost vs Pagulayan

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
great match and commentary, thanks for the post!

It inspired a WWYD in another thread ;)

cincy
in case you didnt know
Artie Bodendorfer one of the commentators is a legend in many things including one pocket from chicago
he used to post here alot and although his posts are hard to read there is a great deal of knowledge he shared
its worth your time to do a search of his posts
jmho

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
:lol :lol I have a friend who's incredibly knowledgeable about an aspect of U.S. history about which he's been writing a book for 20 years. There's ALWAYS something more that needs to be added, or an additional piece of information that needs to be found.

Attempting to achieve perfection can be a good thing when it's being pursued in something where it is possible. History and one pocket are two things in which it is not. :eek:

P.S. I found Artie very interesting, but Schwartz drives me crazy. There's at least one "you know" in every sentence.

And the incessant nervous laugh.

BTW, if you think Artie is obsessive, you should get to know the other fellow and I don't mean Larry Schwartz.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
BTW, if you think Artie is obsessive, you should get to know the other fellow a.

petie,

As you know, ER is very demanding of himself and always gives his best effort when doing something. He is a perfectionist in his work and that can result in great works of art like WOP and S,M,&S. It can also take a toll in the wrong kind of person but I believe it helps ER.

Dennis

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
It can also take a toll in the wrong kind of person but I believe it helps ER.

Dennis

Rarely much bad wrong, but if it's the OCD kind of perfectionism it can be a nightmare for family. Apparently you know that's not the case with E, but Petie's point had to do with ability to collaborate, and that's especially hard for that personality type. (And by "that" I just mean the way it's being described here; I have no knowledge of either of their personalities.)

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
cincy
in case you didnt know
Artie Bodendorfer one of the commentators is a legend in many things including one pocket from chicago
he used to post here alot and although his posts are hard to read there is a great deal of knowledge he shared
its worth your time to do a search of his posts
jmho

Thanks Larry!

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
petie,

As you know, ER is very demanding of himself and always gives his best effort when doing something. He is a perfectionist in his work and that can result in great works of art like WOP and S,M,&S. It can also take a toll in the wrong kind of person but I believe it helps ER.

Dennis

Yes, I agree, Dennis. But I also agree with LSJ. I just can't see them collaborating to produce a book. I hope I'm wrong.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Larry says Artie is working on a biography and an instructional book, I wonder when those are coming out?

Of course, maybe it's just a coincidence that AB is AWOL at the same time that a well-known author (who had been posting 10 times per day) is also AWOL, stranger things have happened but not lately around here:p.

Dennis

Yes, I agree, Dennis. But I also agree with LSJ. I just can't see them collaborating to produce a book. I hope I'm wrong.

petie,

I believe plans may have changed in the last 4 1/2 years since I made my original guess. Nothing is ever certain though.

Dennis