Warren, MI Hall of Fame Pool Room 1-hole Tournament 3/13, 3/14, and 3/15

JAM

Verified Member
There's going to be a pool tournament at Hall of Fame Billiards as kind of a welcome-back pool party at the Hall of Fame Billiards in Warren, Michigan.

Friday, March 13th, through Sunday, March 15th are the dates.

There will be a mini tournament. There will also be a 1-pocket and 9-ball tournament. The 1-pocket and 9-ball tournament each will have $1,000 added.

For more info:

Hall of Fame Billiards
5775 E 13 Mile Rd
Warren, MI 48092
(586) 264-2881

u12armresl

Verified Member
Could you post any more definitive details.

Cost, race, dates for each event, etc.

JAM

Verified Member
Could you post any more definitive details.

Cost, race, dates for each event, etc.

Unfortunately, I don't live in Michigan and am not familiar with this pool room.

Spoke to Ronnie Wiseman last night, and he is familiar with the place, though. He thought it was nice that they were having kind of a welcome back party for Tony in the form of this tournament.

Please call the phone number provided in my original post. I am pretty sure that whoever answers the phone may be able to provide more details.

I hope this helps. Wish I had more info. I was only sharing this tournament on this one-pocket forum because there will be a one-pocket tournament, and I thought the local Michigan one-pocket aficionados just might enjoy going, whether playing or observing. :)

Tony Chohan mentioned that he hopes to play well in this event. Of course, one never knows who will show up. Ike Runnels has already stated he'll be there. Tony just may have some tough competition. ;)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Glad to hear that Tony is out amongst us again! I imagine that after a two year hiatus, his pool game will take awhile to come back to championship level. On the other hand, he may approach it fresh with some new concepts. Best wishes to him!

~Doc

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Glad to hear that Tony is out amongst us again! I imagine that after a two year hiatus, his pool game will take awhile to come back to championship level. On the other hand, he may approach it fresh with some new concepts. Best wishes to him!

~Doc

I'm betting that Tony will be very close to his old self. I had an acquaintance who spent a couple of years "in Europe" :heh on two occasions, and both times he came back solid.

IMO, the natural ability that allowed Tony to play at his top level will also bring him back fast.

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
I'm betting that Tony will be very close to his old self. I had an acquaintance who spent a couple of years "in Europe" :heh on two occasions, and both times he came back solid.

IMO, the natural ability that allowed Tony to play at his top level will also bring him back fast.

Another thing to ponder - the "watch your back," steely-eyed mentality that inevitably forms with inmates may serve to sharpen his skills in some respects. The pressure of gambling may be small I'm comparison to day-to-day federal prison. Also, everything will be fresh and he'll be hungry. More than one card player has emerged from prison with razor sharp skills.

Conversely, his social skills and trust may need to be built back up. Prison is an entirely different subculture with its own rules, obligations, customs and expectations.

I saw a bunch of people on AZB dogging Tony for his past misdeeds. I say we welcome him open arms and make him feel at home. He has paid his debts and is no doubt ready to move forward.

With all the power one pocket action, he will likely not have to wait long to get in the grease. If you've not seen him play, you are in for a treat!

Just my $.02.

Last edited:

JAM

Verified Member

~Doc

Doc, it was 5-1/2 years, actually (not 2). Interestingly, though, they had a 8-foot table where he was at. They used to play for sausages. :D

JAM

Verified Member
Another thing to ponder - the "watch your back," steely-eyed mentality that inevitably forms with inmates may serve to sharpen his skills in some respects. The pressure of gambling may be small I'm comparison to day-to-day federal prison. Also, everything will be fresh and he'll be hungry. More than one card player has emerged from prison with razor sharp skills.

Conversely, his social skills and trust may need to be built back up. Prison is an entirely different subculture with its own rules, obligations, customs and expectations.

I saw a bunch of people on AZB dogging Tony for his past misdeeds. I say we welcome him open arms and make him feel at home. He has paid his debts and is no doubt ready to move forward.

With all the power one pocket action, he will likely not have to wait long to get in the grease. If you've not seen him play, you are in for a treat!

Just my $.02.

Tony kept up his gambling skills, I think. We used to send him magazines about college sports. I can't remember the name of the magazine now, but they had all the info about upcoming colleges, the odds, the players, et cetera. For some reason, they were more into college sports.

If you bet $2, you had to win 4 games to get paid. Keith understands it better than me. I don't know if it's a parlay or what.

Tony also took some education courses when he was in. He read a lot of books to help pass the time too.

The first meal he had when he got out was at Bob Evan's, a real nice country-style breakfast. :cool:

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
Tony kept up his gambling skills, I think. We used to send him magazines about college sports. I can't remember the name of the magazine now, but they had all the info about upcoming colleges, the odds, the players, et cetera. For some reason, they were more into college sports.

If you bet $2, you had to win 4 games to get paid. Keith understands it better than me. I don't know if it's a parlay or what.

Tony also took some education courses when he was in. He read a lot of books to help pass the time too.

The first meal he had when he got out was at Bob Evan's, a real nice country-style breakfast. :cool:

Tell him we're pulling for him and can't wait to see him on the green (blue?) gridiron!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Doc, it was 5-1/2 years, actually (not 2). Interestingly, though, they had a 8-foot table where he was at. They used to play for sausages. :D
Wow! I'd forgotten that it's been that long! It only seems like a coupla years ago I was talking with him in Mobile. Well, at any rate, I'm glad he's out. And if he's taken off weight, I hope he won't gain it right back! Hopefully he'll get work, and stay away from the ne'er-do-wells...

~Doc

JAM

Verified Member
If anyone hears details, please post. Phone people aren't that helpful.

Last night, Keith was talking to Tony, and he said that it is going to be a handicapped tournament for the one-pocket. I did not get the times, however, of when the tournament will begin. I will work on that today. ;)

When the two of them are on the phone, it is hard for me to get a word in edge-wise. :p

Oh, one more good news is that Hall of Fame offered Tony a job full-time.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Last night, Keith was talking to Tony, and he said that it is going to be a handicapped tournament for the one-pocket. I did not get the times, however, of when the tournament will begin. I will work on that today. ;)

When the two of them are on the phone, it is hard for me to get a word in edge-wise. :p

Thanks for the report Jenny. I'm glad for Tony that he has an opportunity to work at The Hall Of Fame, it's a good start for him, especially since it's right after his release. Yes, with this opportunity he doesn't have to worry about trying to force something to be productive, this is a very crucial time in his life and I wish him the best.

Bill Incardona

u12armresl

Verified Member
Thanks.

Too far to drive for a handicapped tourney.