Who do you like to watch?

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Who do you like to watch?

Artie did you ever play patch- eye? So glad you are continuing to post and "document" more of the history of the characters and this game we love.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Are all of you guys gay?..:eek:..:eek:...:sorry

These are BY FAR my favorite 4 players to watch...:heh ----->

Shanelle Lorraine ----->

Attachments

• 1 F Shanelle.jpg
    1 F Shanelle.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I am like most people I guess in that I like to watch great players like Efren Scott Shannon Corey but I always enjoy watching any 2 guys that are playing as hard as they can no matter what level.
It's sort of like looking into their brain and seeing what they are comfortable with and some of their personality.
I was able to watch a lot of great matches when I was at Kolbys in Phoenix, not in any order Scott, Jimmy , Jeff, Preacher Ronn, Bernie Pettipiece, Gus, Eric Young, Eric Nordstrom, Mike Pankov, Fast Lenny, all very competitive guys who know the game very well.
Bernie and Mike Pankov probably played each other more than anyone else I saw and also Preacher Ronn and Bernie , they all 3 had some great matches that were really enjoyable to watch.
I wish I could have played better but it wasn't meant to be , I did have a lot of fun and I got blessed to play pretty well a couple of times.
Thanks to all those guys for the memories.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie did you ever play patch- eye? So glad you are continuing to post and "document" more of the history of the characters and this game we love.
Yes I played him in Chicago.And He was on the road. He didn't stay long. And he wouldn't loose to many barrels. He played ok About Paul Jones speed. He was not a easy guy to play with.

u12armresl

Verified Member
Larry York.

Always been my favorite player to watch.
He does things with a cue ball that I (and lots of others) have just never seen.

Nicknamed shortside Larry. People always thought it was luck him playing 4 or 5 rail shape and shooting a ball in the opposite pocket in where it was supposed to go.

For years and years we traveled around but also anyone had an open invitation to play him one pocket at his home room. Lots came through, few left with the $.

A true gentleman and an incredible player.

bigshot

Efren is the one everybody mentions. Sometimes you wonder how he wins, but he does :D
There are quite a few shots that I've practiced just because I saw him do it. One of these days I'm going to get one of those rubber bracelets made that say 'what would efren do?'.
Sacrilege, you say? You betcha :)

I also enjoy watching Corey. He comes with a shot and doesn't give up. I look for him to start focusing on 1P and start snapping off tournaments left and right within a couple of years.

Chris Gentile only has a couple of matches available, but they're freaking stellar. I'll sweat him playing anybody. I love his game.

Larry Nevel is just ridiculous. He'll always surprise you as to what he's going to do because he's damn-near in a class alone as far as sheer technical skill. That man is at least even money to make anything from anywhere. He has a huge stroke but his small-ball is killer, too.

JAM

Verified Member
Need I say more? :D

Attachments

• Keith McCready.jpg
    Keith McCready.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 0

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
For my style of play, I get the most out of watching videos of Nick Varner, Gabe Owens, and Billy Palmer. Locally, in SoCal, I've picked up a bunch from watching One Pocket Rich Grenier, Larry Moto Evans, Baby Huey, and Arum.

TomRoden

Verified Member
i like...

i like...

Watching Irving Crane run balls is a treat. He blasted Joe Balsis with a 150 ball run. Pure poetry.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
For pure perfection running the balls and grace at the table, IMHO, NO better that Willie Mosconi and Jimmy Caras! Running the balls, next generation, The Miz and Mike Segel.

keoneyo

Verified Member
For me Id have to say Nick Varner. Theoretically and structurally he has the most sound game. For pleasure and banter I like Alex P a lot.
I might be prejudiced but I think One Pocket Rich has a beautiful game combining all the things he has learned from the mix of opponents in a long career. A natural talent.
I like Gary Abood for stone nuts gambling. He is a warrior.
Of course Efren is at the top of the pile.

PS Im referring to one pocket here.

crazysnake

Verified Member
Re: Who do you like to watch?

I don't just say this because he just started posing, but I would love to see Artie play. I have even asked about it before, but there don't seem to be too many, if any, videos available :( Him posting is perhaps better in many ways though; it is certainly a pleasure to have him around. He has done commentary on a match on youtube, and it was superlative commentary. I sound like I am going overboard with compliments, but I sincerely think his knack for commentary and all things one pocket are top notch.
Which match does he comentate on?