Official SJD/JRHendy updates (maybe)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
SJDinPHX said:
...In a one pocket "Mini" last night, here in Sac... yours truly got 2nd place...Had to play Sylver Ochoa for 1st...I generously offered to split with him, because I was drunk, and knew he had no chance...but he politely declined, and he proceeded to luck out on me..:p

Current, (rather than 40 years ago) verification...John Henderson, Sactown Tom Suarez, and Jay Helfert...Just a notch above Detroit Whitey, for honesty and integrity, and maybe even Mr. 3cushion...

Ghostie...Watch out...I'M BACK !!!...;)

PS..Will play any 69 year old with 20/20 vision...:D

PPS..Henderson is out of action for a few weeks (hurt his back)...We may have saved thousands...:D
Dick, I'm starting this thread with your hijack post from another thread, just in case you or John would like to provide us updates. Now don't feel obligated or anything. This is just a sociable reminder...

If Hendy hurt his back, get him to the Chiropractor Monday. Y'all will be back in action by Wednesday.

How badly did Ochoa luck out against you?;) And was it touche with Toupee Jay?

Doc

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
gulfportdoc said:
Dick, I'm starting this thread with your hijack post from another thread, just in case you or John would like to provide us updates. Now don't feel obligated or anything. This is just a sociable reminder...

If Hendy hurt his back, get him to the Chiropractor Monday. Y'all will be back in action by Wednesday.

Doc
I'm curious. Was there more than one mini tournament there on Friday. Someone said Efren split with someone? Get well John, people will starve with you out of action.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Fiction or Non-Fiction

Fiction or Non-Fiction

The "Bragging Hat is ON !!!...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...In a one pocket "Mini" last night, here in Sac... yours truly got 2nd place...Had to play Sylver Ochoa for 1st...I generously offered to split with him, because I was drunk, and knew he had no chance...but he politely declined, and he proceeded to luck out on me..

Current, (rather than 40 years ago) verification...John Henderson, Sactown Tom Suarez, and Jay Helfert...Just a notch above Detroit Whitey, for honesty and integrity, and maybe even Mr. 3cushion...

Ghostie...Watch out...I'M BACK !!!...

PS..Will play any 69 year old with 20/20 vision...

PPS..Henderson is out of action for a few weeks (hurt his back)...We may have saved thousands...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by SJDinPHX : Today at 03:49 PM.

I'm just a little curious, I heard through the grapevine, the mini-tourny the Duck claims he came in 2nd was a handicap tournament, can someone verify? Were there any sweaters that were awake to eyeball this astonishing accomplishment in pool?:confused:

You live long enough you're liable to see anything!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
mr3cushion said:

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
Yep, you may even see RA play a recluse AFTER he comes out of hiding in his room(perhaps under the bed). There's nothing like losing to remind somebody of how much they know(or how little). At least SJD is still out there playing while everybody else his age is dead. You can look it up(Yogi Berra or Casey Stengal).

RBL

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
The big three

The big three

mr3cushion said:
The "Bragging Hat is ON !!!...

...In a one pocket "Mini" last night, here in Sac... yours truly got 2nd place...Had to play Sylver Ochoa for 1st...I generously offered to split with him, because I was drunk, and knew he had no chance...but he politely declined, and he proceeded to luck out on me..

Ghostie...Watch out...I'M BACK !!!...

PS..Will play any 69 year old with 20/20 vision...

PPS..Henderson is out of action for a few weeks (hurt his back)...We may have saved thousands...

Last edited by SJDinPHX : Today at 03:49 PM.

I'm just a little curious, I heard through the grapevine, the mini-tourny the Duck claims he came in 2nd was a handicap tournament, can someone verify? Were there any sweaters that were awake to eyeball this astonishing accomplishment in pool?:confused:

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

He was gonna get Arnie, Jack and MJ to verify for him, but they wont even walk into a poolroom.

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Nope...Not handicapped !!!

Nope...Not handicapped !!!

Yes, there were 3 mini's, I only played in the 1st one...Tom barred me from the other two...He said if Efren and Busty knew I was in, they would be scared to play...After all, they are the big draw, so I gracefully bowed out..(Note; may NOT be verifiable, as Arnie and Jack were next door at the bar with Hendy) :D :D :D :D :D

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
gulfportdoc said:

Doc

The room lost all electricity around 5pm and when they found out it would take 4 hours or more to fix at 6 pm they closed the pool room and the tourny will start at 9 am Sunday to catch up.

One of the boxy thingies on the telephone pole blew up.

I fell out of the bathtub backwards and hit my back on the toilet and have very sore ribs. She is OK.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Frank Almanza said:
I'm curious. Was there more than one mini tournament there on Friday. Someone said Efren split with someone? Get well John, people will starve with you out of action.

There were 9 ball and one pocket mini tournaments going on at the same time. At least three of each. Don't know about the split.

I will be out of action for at least a couple weeks. Hope to make it back for the Glenn White Memorial One Pocket at Family Billiards in San Francisco the last weekend of the month.

I was going to drive back to Phoenix with SJD and stop by a few pool rooms on the way, but he will have to take them off by himself now.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
jrhendy said:
There were 9 ball and one pocket mini tournaments going on at the same time. At least three of each. Don't know about the split.

I will be out of action for at least a couple weeks. Hope to make it back for the Glenn White Memorial One Pocket at Family Billiards in San Francisco the last weekend of the month.

I was going to drive back to Phoenix with SJD and stop by a few pool rooms on the way, but he will have to take them off by himself now.

I hate to see you miss out John...Are you in or out ?...I WILL be playing Shakey Dave some golf...:p :p :p (may not remember how to play on a Big Bertha though, as there has not been one in Phx. for 6 years. Isn't it just like riding a bike though ?..:rolleyes:

PS..Wish I had a "Super Manager"...But he is mad at me...:D

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:
That's cute - I never knew that your 'pet name' for Papie was "she"...:D :p :D :p

- Ghosty

You will be having a new pet name for me when I get done with you at The Derby......You will be calling me "DADDY"

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
jrhendy said:
You will be having a new pet name for me when I get done with you at The Derby......You will be calling me "DADDY"

Nah...if you win our match at the DCC, I'll be calling you - 'Mr. Lucky'....:cool:

- Ghosty

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
jrhendy said:

John, hope you bounce back soon and strong...

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
jrhendy said:
The room lost all electricity around 5pm and when they found out it would take 4 hours or more to fix at 6 pm they closed the pool room and the tourny will start at 9 am Sunday to catch up.

One of the boxy thingies on the telephone pole blew up.

I fell out of the bathtub backwards and hit my back on the toilet and have very sore ribs. She is OK.
I'm sorry to hear you won't be able to play. I guess Dick will have to take it down all by himself.

Man, that's brutal about the ribs. Even if one cracked, it'll heal up quickly. Probably mostly soft tissue damage. But it's nice to hear that the lady wasn't hurt...;)

Doc

Deeman

Verified Member
Click and Quack!

Click and Quack!

Dick/John:

We need to get you two guys a show like Click and Klack on NPR with the subject matter being pool, not automobiles.

You'd never get around ot answering the questions but the show would be as entertaining as anything on radio or TV.

You could guest in Dennis, Bille and Freddie on occasion and, who knows?, the growing Fan Club you guys are getting for stand up play, might make this hidden game a little more popular. :)

I can have crap weekend and do a 180 attitude change just reading your posts.

O.k., maybe a reality show? Dick and John's Bikini Challenge, with 20 ladies viing for the title?

DeeMan

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
San Dick Jose.

San Dick Jose.

I met this guy we all refer to San Jose Dick and I was surprized to say the least.

This young man (surely in his early 50s) showed a vibrant energy that somehow should only be associated with men in their early 30s.

The Mini tournament were not handicapped. All were played EVEN.
Efren liked the race to 15 format. Francisco was a little reluctant to play. He was going to play then decided not to. He said it was too late.

There were 6 minis. 3 of them One pocket and 3 9 ball.
I have a list of all the 1st and runnerup finishers. YES SJD finished 2nd in one of the One Pocket minis.

We started around 630pm Friday night and finished at 4am Sat morning. It was and extreme level of FUN.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:
Nah...if you win our match at the DCC, I'll be calling you - 'Mr. Lucky'....:cool:

- Ghosty

I have been "Getting Lucky" for over 50 years now. One more time is certainly possible.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
SactownTom said:
The Mini tournament were not handicapped. All were played EVEN.
Efren liked the race to 15 format. Francisco was a little reluctant to play. He was going to play then decided not to. He said it was too late.
I'm sure the REAL reason that Busty decided not to play was because he saw that SJD was entered. Dick runs off all of those guys.;)

Doc