Being a Dr. is fun and rewarding to me.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Since I have taken this bit of time off I have been reading about how the members feel about my posting. I am really overwhelmed with self gratification, always wondering if I truly were helping players, or if I was perceived as a conceited think I know it all type. The response to my absense has been very rewarding to me, and I want to thank everyone for their show of appreciation, for my efforts, which has always been easy for me. My intentions all along have been to teach my way of thinking to players that were, or could be interested in learning how I think at the table. Players that have dedicated their lifes to a sport or a game, as there are many on this site that have, have a lot to share, if willing. Players like SanJose Dick, Freddie the Beard, Rodney, The Ghost, Cowboy, Brumback, and more. We here at one pocket.org have a great site for those who wish to learn. What you get here you can't get by reading a book, or watching a match. The only thing that comes close is Accu-stats, for years they have been the vehicle that has not only brought to your TV the best players playing one another and the best players also doing the commentary.

I sometimes get overly zealous on how I feel about certain situations, to the point of being disrespectful to others:sorry I would like to apologize again for that. That usually happens when I debate against the Beard and the Ghost, two extremely knowledgeable players that have earned a right to express their creditable opinion, but two whom I enjoy hassling.:D As you know, i'm all about teaching, and that's my expertise, as it has been for many many years with Accu-ststs. I have much more knowledge today as opposed to when I was playing in my prime, which I have aquired throughout the years of doing commentary. I enjoy doing commentary, and I enjoy being the Dr. Bill.

Once again, thanks to everyone that has shown a concern, and appreciation for what I do. :):cool:

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Since I have taken this bit of time off I have been reading about how the members feel about my posting. I am really overwhelmed with self gratification, always wondering if I truly were helping players, or if I was perceived as a conceited think I know it all type. The response to my absense has been very rewarding to me, and I want to thank everyone for their show of appreciation, for my efforts, which has always been easy for me. My intentions all along have been to teach my way of thinking to players that were, or could be interested in learning how I think at the table. Players that have dedicated their lifes to a sport or a game, as there are many on this site that have, have a lot to share, if willing. Players like SanJose Dick, Freddie the Beard, Rodney, The Ghost, Cowboy, Brumback, and more. We here at one pocket.org have a great site for those who wish to learn. What you get here you can't get by reading a book, or watching a match. The only thing that comes close is Accu-stats, for years they have been the vehicle that has not only brought to your TV the best players playing one another and the best players also doing the commentary.

I sometimes get overly zealous on how I feel about certain situations, to the point of being disrespectful to others:sorry I would like to apologize again for that. That usually happens when I debate against the Beard and the Ghost, two extremely knowledgeable players that have earned a right to express their opinion, but two whom I enjoy hassling.:D As you know, i'm all about teaching, and that's my expertise, as it has been for many many years with Accu-ststs. I have much more knowledge today as opposed to when I was playing in my prime, which I have aquired throughout the years of doing commentary. I enjoy doing commentary, and I enjoy being the Dr. Bill.

Once again, thanks to everyone that has shown a concern, and appreciation for what I do. :):cool:

Dr. Bill

To a very large extent, 1pocket is all about being disrespectful of the other guy's shot selections and then going about demonstrating why they were so very, very wrong :)

Sometimes that process goes well, sometimes it dan't.

Personally, I have no problem whatsoever honoring the contributions you have made to the game over the course of an illustrious career as a gambler, tournament player, Accu-Stats commentator with Grady, and your participation here. As far as it goes, you are, without question, the PhD amongst us, so you can keep the "Dr." moniker for as long as you want it, as far as I'm concerned.

Lou Figueroa

Deeman

Verified Member
To a very large extent, 1pocket is all about being disrespectful of the other guy's shot selections and then going about demonstrating why they were so very, very wrong :)

Sometimes that process goes well, sometimes it dan't.

Personally, I have no problem whatsoever honoring the contributions you have made to the game over the course of an illustrious career as a gambler, tournament player, Accu-Stats commentator with Grady, and your participation here. As far as it goes, you are, without question, the PhD amongst us, so you can keep the "Dr." moniker for as long as you want it, as far as I'm concerned.

Lou Figueroa

What Lou said, "Ditto"!

DeeMan

onepockethacker

Verified Member

I sometimes get overly zealous on how I feel about certain situations, to the point of being disrespectful to others:sorry I would like to apologize again for that. That usually happens when I debate against the Beard and the Ghost, two extremely knowledgeable players that have earned a right to express their creditable opinion, but two whom I enjoy hassling.:D As you know, i'm all about teaching, and that's my expertise, as it has been for many many years with Accu-ststs. I have much more knowledge today as opposed to when I was playing in my prime, which I have aquired throughout the years of doing commentary. I enjoy doing commentary, and I enjoy being the Dr. Bill.

Dr. Bill

Excuse me while i throw up:D

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Dr. Bill

It must have been an extremely long 40 hours & 11 minutes. Nobody learns anything from nuthuggers & fanclubbers, they always lie.

OldSchool said:
Another puffed up ego that needs to be checked

That would be Billy Incardona's.

Since the flames are burning around here right now. Seems like a good time to make this post that needs to be said.

First let me say that it goes without saying that Billy was a champion 9ball player and a tremendous shotmaker. He is also a top notch handicapper and an excellent commentator. Having now given him his due, this needs to be said:

Been meaning to say this for awhile. Nobody else would. Except maybe Cowboy Dennis. Too many nuthugggers of ex-champion around here.

Billy, you've been acting like the new Artie around here in the shot choice threads for months now. You’ve gotten to be almost as bad as Artie was when he was telling everybody what the correct shot was every time. You act like you’re the judge of all the other members choices, chastize a couple of guys, pat a couple of others on the back, and then from your self appointed pedestal, you’ll tell them what the right shot actually is. Know what? It’s obnoxious, and besides, your opinion/analysis is wrong a lot of the time.

You know, I’ve got a lot of accustat’s tapes. There’s many a time on them when you’re commentating a match and you’ll say something like: “If he shoots that shot, nothing good will come of it” (Grady is probably in the booth disagreeing with you at this point, lol) then the player shoots his chosen shot and it comes out great, and you’re mum. And Grady, great commentator by the way, never even rubs it in on you like he could if he wanted to. And also, I happen to watch a tape not long ago of you playing a match against Mizerak at the 1991 Legends of one pocket tournament. You lost the first 3 games, moving badly, and shooting many wrong shots. Anybody here have that tape? Go watch it and you’ll see what I mean. Billy, if you really were a doctor like you like to call yourself, you’d have a lot of malpractice suits pending against you.

So Billy, take some friendly advice. Get over yourself man. Get off of your high horse and just be one of the guys.

Old School

Jimmy B

Verified Member
lol. I know. I thought you were gonna take a month off or something. Instead what 40 hrs.??! Was that your time of temptations in the wilderness. I thought you were going to call Artie and get him back. What did the devil tempt you with? Lady GAGA? Sunnyone?? Shooting The Hackers ass off?? We need to know this shit....... lol. just messin. Keep practicing Dr. you have lots of patients

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
what?

what?

It must have been an extremely long 40 hours & 11 minutes. Nobody learns anything from nuthuggers & fanclubbers, they always lie.

Once again you have gone over my head with another one of you're hidden message post. I'm being very honest with what I said, and then you post this stupid post by Old School, yes stupid.

Yes it was a long 40 hours and 11 minutes, because I have a passion for what I do on this site, and I was feeling badly about how strongly I debated certain shots with Freddie and the Ghost, especially Freddie. His opinion should be respected as much as anyones so I felt that I should take a little time off. But if you feel the same way as Old School that's you're opinion, but then again maybe i'm reading into your post wrong. There are a few people on this site that have an excellent opinion on how to play one pocket, I happen to be one of them, regardless of how Old School or anyone else feels about me as a strong thinker. As good as you are with the things you do well, well that's how good I feel about my ability in teaching one pocket.

I speak from my heart, and you misinterpret that as a weakness, too bad we never matched up I would of enjoyed playing you. Maybe you were as good and bet as high as you say, but we would of found out, that's for sure.

But you are an asset to the site, and I respect and appreciate what you do here.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lol. I know. I thought you were gonna take a month off or something. Instead what 40 hrs.??! Was that your time of temptations in the wilderness. I thought you were going to call Artie and get him back. What did the devil tempt you with? Lady GAGA? Sunnyone?? Shooting The Hackers ass off?? We need to know this shit....... lol. just messin. Keep practicing Dr. you have lots of patients
No Jimmy, I'm just goin to try to help players improve their game in a different fashion, thats all. I don't feel a need to continually bring up negative things about a shot I don't agree with, i'll just explain my thoughts on why I like or dislike something and go on. Less drama and more learning, let the players on the site sort out things the way they choose. Truthfully, i'm at the age where I really can't play as much or as well as I would like, so I want to share what I can with the people that are interested in what I have to say. That's the way I do commentary, and that's the way I like it. And the nuthuggers that certain people alluded to as liars, well there the ones that are enjoying and improving their game, the others are hopefully enjoying their experience on here as much, I hope. It's all good, and yes i'll talk to Artie for you and everyone else that would like to see him posting again.

Dr. Bill

Jimmy B

Verified Member
No Jimmy, I'm just goin to try to help players improve their game in a different fashion, thats all. I don't feel a need to continually bring up negative things about a shot I don't agree with, i'll just explain my thoughts on why I like or dislike something and go on. Less drama and more learning, let the players on the site sort out things the way they choose. Truthfully, i'm at the age where I really can't play as much or as well as I would like, so I want to share what I can with the people that are interested in what I have to say. That's the way I do commentary, and that's the way I like it. And the nuthuggers that certain people alluded to as liars, well there the ones that are enjoying and improving their game, the others are hopefully enjoying their experience on here as much, I hope. It's all good, and yes i'll talk to Artie for you and everyone else that would like to see him posting again.

Dr. Bill

Hey thank you so much. Artie is really needed on here. Its slow and You know he thinks the world of you and several others. Stroud is back too and if AB gets it going again, it would be great. I like RBL a lot but that old school guy can go **** hisself. I don't know why folks don't understand it's the theories behind the shots. I mean you might outline and explain a shot that turns out not to be possible, But if it was a tenth of an inch over, then great shot. People can learn so much from that, and its fun too. so I just hate to see Freddie get upset so you are doing everything right. later Dr.. like I said, you have lots of patients and patience .............

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Dr. Bill
the medicine you prescribe helps one pocket players games get healthy
glad to see your vacation was a short one
:)

timdog24

Verified Member
Excuse me while i throw up:D

Ditto Hacker:D.

Just kidding Billy. To say I've learned a thing or two from you over the years would be quite the understatement.

Plus, we need you to keep that Chicago MENSA chapter in line every now and then.:)

Tennessee Joe6

Verified Member
From
Middle Tennessee
This is the best site on the internet because of you and the rest of your scoundrel friends. I started playing One Pocket after a 20 year break from pool. You insight and the way you directed your friends to shoot the correct shot have been a great benefit to my game. But I have two questions:

1. With all your insight, how did you pick Freddie to be your partner at the DCC?

2. How can we get Freddie to take a 40 hour hiatus?:heh

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Once again you have gone over my head with another one of you're hidden message post. I'm being very honest with what I said, and then you post this stupid post by Old School, yes stupid.

But you are an asset to the site, and I respect and appreciate what you do here.

Dr. Bill

Dr. Bill,

You are dead wrong about the 'Rust Belt Idiot's' intentions..I learned a long time ago, he is unphantomable MOST of the time..
His main agenda, is to take an opposite stance from the rest of the world, and hope he pisses someone off...He loves 'fighting windmills'..:rolleyes:

Once you accept that (as I have) most of his comments, will sail right UNDER your head, rather than over..:eek: :D

PS..That may be why he, and I get along so well..He is a full-time 'sh*t disturber !!!... And, to aggrevate the problem, (unlike moi)..he doesn't drink well at all. :p :p

Sigmund Freud McDuck...(Specializing, in MAJOR personality disorders)

Last edited:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
This is the best site on the internet because of you and the rest of your scoundrel friends. I started playing One Pocket after a 20 year break from pool. You insight and the way you directed your friends to shoot the correct shot have been a great benefit to my game. But I have two questions:

1. With all your insight, how did you pick Freddie to be your partner at the DCC?

As far as the answer to question 1. thats why they called it a handicapped match:lol

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Champ

Champ

You made a believer out of me at the DCC when you crushed JR Hendy. I watched you make some extra difficult shots and you made it look easy. One run out from an impossible position was also quite extraordinary. But beyond all of your skills at one pocket, which are phenomenal, you always wore some pretty dazzling SHOES.
Even though the Beard was speechless when he first met me and saw my shoes, I thought yours were just as remarkable. If I could wear tennis shoes any more, I would follow you not only in pool but your shoe store too.
When you come out for the $4000 added one pocket, I hope we can get a rematch with you and John. And definitely bring some new tennis beauties. :cool::cool

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Doing just that...

Doing just that...

Since I will be in Cincy over the weekend, I will probably not have access to a computer and will have a run at my 40 hr hiatus.

The only one that I know for sure that will miss me, is my dog, Kaiser. I cant take him on this trip.

Beard

Everybody missed Cardone. Yeah, sure. I heard there were two despondent's that committed suicide during his absence. I tried to cut a deal and trade him over to AZ forums, straight up for CocaBola Cowboy, but they wouldnt do the deal. When I told them I would throw in DickBrain, they did waver slightly, but still turned it down in the end.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
You made a believer out of me at the DCC when you crushed JR Hendy. I watched you make some extra difficult shots and you made it look easy. One run out from an impossible position was also quite extraordinary. But beyond all of your skills at one pocket, which are phenomenal, you always wore some pretty dazzling SHOES.
Even though the Beard was speechless when he first met me and saw my shoes, I thought yours were just as remarkable. If I could wear tennis shoes any more, I would follow you not only in pool but your shoe store too.
When you come out for the $4000 added one pocket, I hope we can get a rematch with you and John. And definitely bring some new tennis beauties. :cool::cool

I didn't think you noticed my shoes :D My girlfriends mom always told my girlfriend to notice the shoes people wear, that will give you a little insight into the persons, ect,ect,;)

I'm thinking about going to California for the tournament, if not i'll be in Vegas for sure. Thx for the action.:)

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Since I will be in Cincy over the weekend, I will probably not have access to a computer and will have a run at my 40 hr hiatus.

The only one that I know for sure that will miss me, is my dog, Kaiser. I cant take him on this trip.

Beard

Everybody missed Cardone. Yeah, sure. I heard there were two despondent's that committed suicide during his absence. I tried to cut a deal and trade him over to AZ forums, straight up for CocaBola Cowboy, but they wouldnt do the deal. When I told them I would throw in DickBrain, they did waver slightly, but still turned it down in the end.
The real reason I took time off was because of the malpractice suit you were getting ready to file against me, based off of the pummeling I gave you from our shot choice debates.:lol But after many people agreed that it's the nature of what we do when debating (as it is with political debates) I realized that 40 hrs., was 39 hrs. and 59 minutes too long. "So i'm back to let you know that I can really lay it down, Do you love me"yes I do.

I'm thinking about flying down to Cincinnati, to represent my side in the debates, that your proposing. If that's ok with you?

Dr. Bill

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
I want to put you right up their with your peers Kenny and Charles from the NBA and Chang and Connors from Tennis.

cheers