Midwest Expo - One Hole

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Ok, since things are kinda slow, I pulled a couple of threads out of the archives...they're parts 1 and 2 of a tournament report that I posted up 8 years ago, of the Midwest Classic, which was held in a Chicago suburb back in 2004...the tournament was inspired by the DCC, and had 9ball, One Pocket, and Banks divisions - we were hoping that they'd start holding it every year - but that never happened.

- Ghost

PS, I posted up these threads just a couple of months after onepocket.org came into existence...interesting how none of the posters in these threads are around here anymore except me and of course Steve.

PPS, Notice how the peaceful Ghost resurrected a coupla nice friendly threads :heh not like those mean-spirited threads that Dennis likes to bring back...:D.......now back to 2004 >>>

Here's a quick update from the one pocket division of the midwest pool expo as of 9:00 thursday evening >>> Four left on the
winners side : Cliff, Shannon, Gabe Owen, and Nick Varner >>> Four left on the one loss side : Ike Runnels, Marco Marquez, Mark Jarvis, and Sergio Perez. The surprise of the one pocket tournament was that Earl 'The Pearl' played in it - first time I've seen him enter a one pocket tournament...Ike sent him back to the 9 ball side of the room right quick...:heh

- Ghost

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
One Pocket Ghost said:
Here's a quick update from the one pocket division of the midwest pool expo as of 9:00 thursday evening >>> Four left on the winners side : Cliff, Shannon, Gabe Owen, and Nick Varner >>> Four left on the one loss side : Ike Runnels, Marco Marquez, Mark Jarvis, and, sorry, i forgot who the fourth one was. The surprise of the one pocket tournament was that Earl 'The Pearl' played in it - first time I've seen him enter a one pocket tournament...Ike sent him back to the 9 ball side of the room.
Good to see Shannon back near the top -- maybe married life won't hurt his game after all :)

Thanks, Luke! Hey, did you get in?
Is Marco still in Chicago? seems like I keep seeing a name very similar to his linked to Texas -- or maybe Texas is where he's originally from...

My weekly practice partner, John Smith, is out there in a couple of the senior events. White-haired, sixties, straight shooter, slight tremor when he shoots, but the balls don't seem to notice :)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
[ quote=NH Steve] Good to see Shannon back near the top -- maybe married life won't hurt his game after all :)

Thanks, Luke! Hey, did you get in?
Is Marco still in Chicago? seems like I keep seeing a name very similar to his linked to Texas -- or maybe Texas is where he's originally from...

My weekly practice partner, John Smith, is out there in a couple of the senior events. White-haired, sixties, straight shooter, slight tremor when he shoots, but the balls don't seem to notice :)[/quote]

Yeah, I got in - unfortunately I also got out. Marco is still in Chicago, not Texas.

Last edited: