Another Alf Taylor book givaway

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
You do a great early Artie impression but need a few longer, unbroken sentences!

DeeMan

Dear DeeMan.
My name is Laura O'Bagy. I am Alf Taylor's editor. I felt it imperative that I tell you Alfie's feelings are injured because you took his serious (unedited) writings and, for lack of a better way to say it, poked fun at him. I don't know if his feelings can ever recover...unless, maybe, you could send him, say twenty dollars.

cascader

Verified Member
Would be pleased to enter

Would be pleased to enter

Hi - please enter me as well - thanks!

Deeman

Verified Member
Dear DeeMan.
My name is Laura O'Bagy. I am Alf Taylor's editor. I felt it imperative that I tell you Alfie's feelings are injured because you took his serious (unedited) writings and, for lack of a better way to say it, poked fun at him. I don't know if his feelings can ever recover...unless, maybe, you could send him, say twenty dollars.

Laura,

As much as I would hate to, really, impact poor Alfie's good nature, but as you can ask anyone here, I am always good for $20 in drinks at any tournament and will extend that to him at the next venue.

Of course, if you accompany the said writer I'll kick in $20 for your drinks as well. I don't see how, beyond some silly act of attrition, I can prove myself a Hail Fellow, well met! ;)

DeeMan

SJDinPHX

Suspended
You do a great early Artie impression but need a few longer, unbroken sentences!

DeeMan

Deeman,

It could be even worse Than Ms. O'Bagy described...Bill Porter and I, are CEO and President of Alf Talyor's vast entertainment conglomerate...Should Alfie perish from your obvious cruelty, our $200,000 a year, cushy jobs would be "fraught with peril" !...Legal action would be our only recourse..:(

F. Lee Bailey McDuck, Aturnery at Lawn

Last edited:

Deeman

Verified Member
Deeman,

It could be even worse Than Ms. O'Bagy described...Bill Porter and I, are CEO and President of Alf Tayor's vast entertainment conglomerate...Should Alfie perish from your obvious cruelty, our $200,000 a year, cushy jobs would be "fraught with peril" !...Legal action would be our only recourse..:(

F. Lee Bailey McDuck, Aturnery at Lawn

Dick,

I understand but you must know when I hear you say, "Fraught with peril" I see visions of Grady in my little brain! :) Bring that $200K with you to DCC next year as I still have three bottles of Yukon Jack I brought this year.

Can you get me on Alf's Staff? Remember I still do tush hog detail on occasion.

DeeMan

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
Laura,

As much as I would hate to, really, impact poor Alfie's good nature, but as you can ask anyone here, I am always good for $20 in drinks at any tournament and will extend that to him at the next venue.

Of course, if you accompany the said writer I'll kick in $20 for your drinks as well. I don't see how, beyond some silly act of attrition, I can prove myself a Hail Fellow, well met! ;)

DeeMan

Sir DeeMan. Well said.
I fear I must concede to your being a superior distributor of words...as well as a noted generous fellow. And, I would be delighted to have a drink with you should our paths cross. I enjoy this new form of communication emmensly.
Thank you, onepocket.org.
Keep it nice. Alfie

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
Keep me in the running

Keep me in the running

I hope I am still in the running.

Ken

BillPorter

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Alf, if I recall correctly, the books are due to be ready THIS WEEK! Better get that website ready so you'll be able to sell a few.

And Dick, I had no idea you were making $200,000 a year! Alf told me that I was the highest paid person on his staff at $8.75/hour!:confused::confused:

Deeman

Verified Member
Sir DeeMan. Well said.
I fear I must concede to your being a superior distributor of words...as well as a noted generous fellow. And, I would be delighted to have a drink with you should our paths cross. I enjoy this new form of communication emmensly.
Thank you, onepocket.org.
Keep it nice. Alfie

I look forward to it!

DeeMan

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
good morning

good morning

You book sounds interesting. What parts of the country did you play most? I would love to read it.

Other than some time spent in California, I mostly roamed the southern states. Beaumont? We used to go over there from Houston and play in a very large all night place. My brother-in-law is a Fertitta. I think there are a lot of them around Beaumont.
How's your game? What's your name?
Best regards. Alf

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
Alf, if I recall correctly, the books are due to be ready THIS WEEK! Better get that website ready so you'll be able to sell a few.

And Dick, I had no idea you were making $200,000 a year! Alf told me that I was the highest paid person on his staff at $8.75/hour!:confused::confused:

Relax, Billy, about Dick's salary eclipsing yours. He gets to the office a half hour before you.
Show some compassion for the Duck, William. Realizing, in his best day he couldn't hang with you playing pockets apiece, but hey! since Rags Fitzpatrick and Hayden Lingo are no longer with us, who can? Frost? You'ld melt him like a Tucson summer. Archer? You'ld be an arrow through his heart.
Reyes? He'd swim back to Manila to avoid you. Hall? Fuggettaboutit?
So, quitcherbitchin and get back to work.

P.S. I hope this doesn't knock your local action.
Keep it nice. Alfie