Kiss Shot

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
We've done many offensive kiss shots, here's a defensive one I learned from Frank "Bananas" Rodriguez. With a little practice to learn the touch ( it's shot fairly soft ) it can be an awesome escape.
Rod.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AWuI3BAdq3Cara4DSTH4EaTc3FSSY3GCiK3HDev4IVeI3JbCM4KChW3LTJM3MYNe3NAlD3OQPM3PUWi2uDbN@3AWuI3BAdq3Cara4DSTH4EaTc3FQWV3GCiK3HDev4IVeI3JbKK4KChW3LTJM3MXoe3NAlD3OQPM3PRtn3ebKK3eLwl3kRtn3kaUM3kXAM3kVlW3kWSq3kWSD3kXgu3kaDk3kbBg@3AWuI3BAdq3Cara4DSTH4EaTc3FQWV3GCiK3HDev4IVeI3JMVa4KChW3LTJM3MXoe3NAlD3OQPM3PbBg@[/CUETABLE]

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
Androd, I have played something close to that by hitting the 10 full and let the double kiss put me back behind the 6 again. I practice the double kiss shots alot, they do come in handy when there is no other way.---Smitty

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
androd said:
We've done many offensive kiss shots, here's a defensive one I learned from Frank "Bananas" Rodriguez. With a little practice to learn the touch ( it's shot fairly soft ) it can be an awesome escape.
Rod.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AWuI3BAdq3Cara4DSTH4EaTc3FSSY3GCiK3HDev4IVeI3JbCM4KChW3LTJM3MYNe3NAlD3OQPM3PUWi2uDbN@3AWuI3BAdq3Cara4DSTH4EaTc3FQWV3GCiK3HDev4IVeI3JbKK4KChW3LTJM3MXoe3NAlD3OQPM3PRtn3ebKK3eLwl3kRtn3kaUM3kXAM3kVlW3kWSq3kWSD3kXgu3kaDk3kbBg@3AWuI3BAdq3Cara4DSTH4EaTc3FQWV3GCiK3HDev4IVeI3JMVa4KChW3LTJM3MXoe3NAlD3OQPM3PbBg@[/CUETABLE]

The circus is back in town.....:)

- Officer Ghost of the Wei Table Police - Bunco Squad.....:cool:

beatle

Verified Member
good shot. for me i bank it into the thirteen or the seven which ever goes best, and kiss it towards my hole leaving him behind the six.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
beatle said:
for me i bank it into the thirteen or the seven which ever goes best, and kiss it towards my hole leaving him behind the six.

Yep.....That's what I'm shooting here also....and with all due respect to Rod, that's the only shot to shoot here.

- Ghost

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lll said:
when you say "only " do you mean the only correct shot??:rolleyes:
Ghosty I am going to give you a supermans shot her. It wont make you made if I tell you will it. Her we go you shot the thirteen ball into the tree ball and all three balls will go on your side of the table. The cueball hits the ten ball off the thirteen ball and then the ten ball hits the 6 ball then the cue ball will go off the 10 ball behind the 2 ball 7 ball behind the balls on the rail. You will not get a lot of power behind the ten ball off the 13 ball but you clear out all the balls on his side and he is in the trap behind the balls. Thats my shot Ghosty.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Ghosty I am going to give you a supermans shot her. It wont make you made if I tell you will it. Her we go you shot the thirteen ball into the tree ball and all three balls will go on your side of the table. The cueball hits the ten ball off the thirteen ball and then the ten ball hits the 6 ball then the cue ball will go off the 10 ball behind the 2 ball 7 ball behind the balls on the rail. You will not get a lot of power behind the ten ball off the 13 ball but you clear out all the balls on his side and he is in the trap behind the balls. Thats my shot Ghosty.

Artie.......I'm going to have to quote your own words now, that you said to a poster the other day...."The circus is back in town".....;)....:D

- Ghosty

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
You can even bank the ten ball into the 13 ball or off the seven ball and make it in youre pocket and you will be behind the 6 ball and you can run out. Or you can bank the 10 ball into the 6 ball and go behind the thirteen ball on a thin cut shot. and the thirteen ball could go in youre pocket off the 7 ball or two ball and the seven ball can allso go off the two ball. And the cue ball will knock the 3 ball away and follow down the side rail . These are all good shots. And very powerfull shots. BUt you choose the shot you like the best. Thier are many opptions. Even Ghosty kiss shot is ok but you are not getting the full value out of the shot. And two of the shots I mentioned you can run out on.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
One Pocket Ghost said:
Yep.....That's what I'm shooting here also....and with all due respect to Rod, that's the only shot to shoot here.

- Ghost

OPG, no respect required. I wasn't thinking about how the balls were laying exactly I just racked up the balls and moved some around. It wasn't a question about what to do. It was supposed to be an example of whats possible if the situation calls for it.
Rod. <--- has shot it sucessfully a few times, although I sure most here would've found a better shot.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Artie.......I'm going to have to quote your own words now, that you said to a poster the other day...."The circus is back in town".....;)....:D

- Ghosty
Yes but rigling brother North is no longer alive. The ten ball off the 13 ball is what a good player would shot and he can miss the 13 ball and make it off the 7 ball. Its a leasier shot then the kiss shot. In the circus the only play kiss shots. Like the man dealing the cards with no hands.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Artie Bodendorfer said:
The ten ball off the 13 ball is what a good player would shot and he can miss the 13 ball and make it off the 7 ball.

Yes, that's exactly what I said was the correct shot in my post #5.....:rolleyes:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Yes, that's exactly what I said was the correct shot in my post #5.....:rolleyes:
I am glad that you read post number 5 because I did not read it. And as far as the circus being in town I can get you a job as a clown if you want me to put a good word in for you. THe circus is a great place to grow up in its better then pool hustling. And You dont walk the high wire do you. The circus is one of the most wonderfull fun places thier is. You Laugh and smile and have a great time. Whats better then that. When I use to hustle Ringling brother North he would allways give me 6 tickets to the circus and I made sure I gave them to kids so they could go and see the circus free. I told rigling Brother North the pool room is the real circus and to prove it the havev all the animals to go with it.

senor

Verified Member
androd said:
OPG, no respect required. I wasn't thinking about how the balls were laying exactly I just racked up the balls and moved some around. It wasn't a question about what to do. It was supposed to be an example of whats possible if the situation calls for it.
Rod. <--- has shot it sucessfully a few times, although I sure most here would've found a better shot.

I think it's clear that most would have run out from here, Rod.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Yes but rigling brother North is no longer alive. The ten ball off the 13 ball is what a good player would shot and he can miss the 13 ball and make it off the 7 ball. Its a leasier shot then the kiss shot. In the circus the only play kiss shots. Like the man dealing the cards with no hands.

Not that I was talking about what to do, but is their any chance you might scratch trying to hit the 13 ball or kiss the 10 ball shooting at the 7 ball, as the 10 ball is frozen ? I guess you just smack it and beat the kiss.
Rod < --- trying to learn

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I am glad that you read post number 5 because I did not read it. And as far as the circus being in town I can get you a job as a clown if you want me to put a good word in for you. THe circus is a great place to grow up in its better then pool hustling. And You dont walk the high wire do you. The circus is one of the most wonderfull fun places thier is. You Laugh and smile and have a great time. Whats better then that. When I use to hustle Ringling brother North he would allways give me 6 tickets to the circus and I made sure I gave them to kids so they could go and see the circus free. I told rigling Brother North the pool room is the real circus and to prove it the havev all the animals to go with it.
Ghost your ok if you said that in post number five. THat would be a good shot I just seen the one with the kiss shot. Keep spooking the players GHosty.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
androd said:
Rod.

I like banking the 10 ball into the 6 ball, kicking the 13 ball into the balls under the foot spot and running the cue ball into the 3 ball. With that shot it appears that you get a lot of things accomplished, and it lays well. The position of the 5 ball makes this shot really strong. The 5 ball will block just about any return cross corner bank, and the final position of the cue ball wil only add to the strength of the shot.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
wincardona said:
I like banking the 10 ball into the 6 ball, kicking the 13 ball into the balls under the foot spot and running the cue ball into the 3 ball. With that shot it appears that you get a lot of things accomplished, and it lays well. The position of the 5 ball makes this shot really strong. The 5 ball will block just about any return cross corner bank, and the final position of the cue ball wil only add to the strength of the shot.

Bill, As I said before it wasnt about what to do. Your shot is very doable as opposed to Artie and Ghost, who would either scratch or kiss the 10 ball on their shots.
Rod. <---- may not have the 10 ball frozen at the pocket as intended.