Dippy vs Alex - Onepocket race to 13 for 20k - live right now!

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Alex wins the set 13 - 6. Got over at 3:30 am Eastern. They started about 6:30 or so. 9 hours. Alex got paid in what appeared to be 4 5k chips. Dippy said let's go for another set. Race to 9, win by 2. Dippy not supposed to even be playing, he had surgery in the belly area a few days ago.

Alex played smarter this time and won the games he supposed to when it got down to Alex needing 3 or 4 balls to Dippy needing 1 or 2.

Justin had a mic on the table, so it was a fun time had by all. Dippy flashed a couple of 25k chips at the camera, so he had enough to play several more sets:D

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Well that was a nice win for Pagulayan for a change. These two seem to have formed quite a steady match up. I Wonder if they'll bring their show to the DCC?

Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
CaliRed said:
Alex wins the set 13 - 6. Got over at 3:30 am Eastern. They started about 6:30 or so. 9 hours. Alex got paid in what appeared to be 4 5k chips. Dippy said let's go for another set. Race to 9, win by 2. Dippy not supposed to even be playing, he had surgery in the belly area a few days ago.

Alex played smarter this time and won the games he supposed to when it got down to Alex needing 3 or 4 balls to Dippy needing 1 or 2.

Justin had a mic on the table, so it was a fun time had by all. Dippy flashed a couple of 25k chips at the camera, so he had enough to play several more sets:D

I quit watching when the score was 6/3 or so and thought for a top player, Alex's end game was less than stellar. He lost one game early on when they both needed two and took a big chance on another game in the same situation and was lucky to win that game IMO. Plus, Dippy looked like he was playing for funsies to me. Maybe this is how he always plays, but he showed a fair knowledge of the game for a guy getting this kind of weight.

Everyone raves about Alex's game, and he is a top player with incredible firepower, but I don't see him having a chance against Frost. Would like to see it though.

timdog24

Verified Member
jrhendy said:
I quit watching when the score was 6/3 or so and thought for a top player, Alex's end game was less than stellar. He lost one game early on when they both needed two and took a big chance on another game in the same situation and was lucky to win that game IMO. Plus, Dippy looked like he was playing for funsies to me. Maybe this is how he always plays, but he showed a fair knowledge of the game for a guy getting this kind of weight.

Everyone raves about Alex's game, and he is a top player with incredible firepower, but I don't see him having a chance against Frost. Would like to see it though.

Agree with just about everything you said. Except with Alex not having a chance against Frost. He would have a different approach IMO.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
timdog24 said:
Agree with just about everything you said. Except with Alex not having a chance against Frost. He would have a different approach IMO.

I am sure Alex would tighten up against Frost and his approach would be different, but Scott runs balls as good or better and can play a better end game IMO.

Scott/Dippy - Scott big winner

Alex/Dippy - Alex still stuck good.

Like I said, I would like to see Scott & Alex play.

Viffer

Verified Member
scott is big winner vs me in 9ball, i offer to let alex play scott one pocket 20-18balls game.

yes i play for fun, thats how i always play, if its not fun im not going to playl, plus due to having stiches i my stomach i couldnt jack up or get down,

id love to see alex get playng and play scott long games to 20 balls.

yes alex end game can be a little weak where scott accells in it.

i would love to play scott again he just has to leave to room when it isnt his turn and we have a ref, i will do the same.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Viffer said:
scott is big winner vs me in 9ball, i offer to let alex play scott one pocket 20-18balls game.

yes i play for fun, thats how i always play, if its not fun im not going to playl, plus due to having stiches i my stomach i couldnt jack up or get down,

id love to see alex get playng and play scott long games to 20 balls.

yes alex end game can be a little weak where scott accells in it.

i would love to play scott again he just has to leave to room when it isnt his turn and we have a ref, i will do the same.

Toughen up. :) :rolleyes:
Rod

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I'm glad I didn't bet on this match. I would have lost my Metamucil money, sure as hell. Can Viffer play at all? :eek:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
vapros said:
I'm glad I didn't bet on this match. I would have lost my Metamucil money, sure as hell. Can Viffer play at all? :eek:

He generally shoots the right shots, especially for the games he gets, always sending a ball towards his hole when possible. He also takes balls out pretty sporty, but he shoots everything pretty hard and does miss some easy shots. Banks better than he shoots straight ins.

Doesn't lose many games playing safe. He is usually swinging.