Scott Frost vs John Hager giving 10-7 ~ One Pocket

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I only watched 15 minutes of the first game just now...but John Hager looks clueless - I know he can shoot straight and bank, but it doesn't look like he knows how to play One Pocket...anybody else see what I just saw?

- Ghost

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
I only watched 15 minutes of the first game just now...but John Hager looks clueless - I know he can shoot straight and bank, but it doesn't look like he knows how to play One Pocket...anybody else see what I just saw?

- Ghost
Hager is clueless, can't play one-pocket at all. Shoots straight on occasion. I don't know what makes him think he has a game with Frost 10-7.

P.S. Is Frost spotting up two balls and going to eight??? Nevermind, nobody's stupid enough to let him do that.

RBL

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Cowboy Dennis said:
Hager is clueless, can't play one-pocket at all. Shoots straight on occasion. I don't know what makes him think he has a game with Frost 10-7.

P.S. Is Frost spotting up two balls and going to eight??? Nevermind, nobody's stupid enough to let him do that.

RBL
freddy got away with that for years:D

Skin

Verified Member
I caught a few games of Frost playing a guy named Carrot Top last night. Don't know who he is but he had no chance.

Skin

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Skin said:
I caught a few games of Frost playing a guy named Carrot Top last night. Don't know who he is but he had no chance.

Skin
So far tonight, Scott looks like he is playing for $3(his own) per game, if he doesn't start "trying" he won't win this match. See how I took both players:D .

Dennis

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Cowboy Dennis said:

RBL

Hager gave Dippy 15 to 5 or 6 at DCC and got tortured. I saw him play some 10 ball and he can play rotation games and could probably play decent one pocket if he made games he had a chance in.

Shoots straight and banks good but that won't get it in the games he is making.

Skin

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
So far tonight, Scott looks like he is playing for $3(his own) per game, if he doesn't start "trying" he won't win this match. See how I took both players:D .

Dennis

Does that shafty of Hagar's look like it's made of dark wood to you? Maybe it is just my screen but Frost's looks the right color.

Skin

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
jrhendy said:
Hager gave Dippy 15 to 5 or 6 at DCC and got tortured. I saw him play some 10 ball and he can play rotation games and could probably play decent one pocket if he made games he had a chance in.

Shoots straight and banks good but that won't get it in the games he is making.
I watched that set John. Hager was up 2-0(in games) until he called a foul on Dave & Dave refused to spot a ball or even consider that he may have fouled. Hager didn't play too well after that. It takes a lot of experience to give up large weight like that.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Skin said:
Does that shafty of Hagar's look like it's made of dark wood to you? Maybe it is just my screen but Frost's looks the right color.

Skin
It's made of "purpleheart", whatever the hell that is. It sounds like crap when he hits with it but I guess he likes it.

Dennis

Skin

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
It's made of "purpleheart", whatever the hell that is. It sounds like crap when he hits with it but I guess he likes it.

Dennis

How the hell did you know that?

Skin

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Scott is not playing well - missing shots and missing safetys that he usually makes...it looks like he's not the same player without the 'home cooking', and especially, playing on these super tight pockets - I don't know, but the way the pockets are acting, they look like might be 4" to 4-1/8" pockets.

- Ghost

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I watched a good bit of this and I didn't see these errors that Ghost and Dennis saw. I thought JD was playing well. I don't believe any of us would have as much luck with this game as he did, while I watched.:)
Rod.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
androd said:
I watched a good bit of this and I didn't see these errors that Ghost and Dennis saw. I thought JD was playing well. I don't believe any of us would have as much luck with this game as he did, while I watched.:)
Rod.
Rod,

Sorry for not being more clear. I based my comments on having watched Hager play at the DCC. I had only watched a little of this match tonight when I made my post. Hager doesn't impress me as a player who knows the game very well.

At 12:45 EST they went off the air and I stopped watching, I believe Hager was up 4 or 5 games playing 7 ahead. There's no way in the world they're playing for $30000, Scott doesn't even look like he's trying to win very hard.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
At just about 2 a.m. EST Hager won the match. I watched much of it but not all of it. Frost didn't play his normal game but it was a tight table and seemingly unfamiliar to him. Hager didn't play great but good enough to win. Props to him for playing Scott and winning.

Dennis

BUD GREEN

Verified Member
I turned it on right after Scott had made a couple of great banks to go one up and Hagar was dogging balls and thought Hagar was toast.

Grilled up some turkey burgers, came back to check the score and Scott was losing and selling out straight in shots and letting whitey fly too much.

Skin

Verified Member
androd said:
Rod.

Saw the same thing you did, Rod. It looked like Haga(e?)r's strategy was to move them uptable and kill Scott's ball running machine. Not a bad idea being spotted 10-7. The first game I saw, all 15 were uptable before Scott had made a ball!

Plus, Hagar was not losing in the moving game and made good choices not to go for the flyers from the top rail that Scott was tempting him with. He played good. I just couldn't stand looking at his stick. :)

Skin

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
bad judgement

bad judgement

I played JH 5 years ago when I was playing well at Diamonds. Hagar plays a strong game of one pocket, he has a style that is conducive to playing on a tight pocket table. When I say tight pocket table i'm speaking of tables with 4 inch pockerts. There's a certain pocket size that favors the better player giving substantial weight, and it's certainly not 4 inch pockets. Hagar probably felt very comfortable playing on the table, where Frost had to feel the opposite. Frost was playing against two opponents, Hagar and the super tight table, AND HE HAD TO FEEL LIKE A FISH OUT OF THE WATER. Where Hagar was enjoying the ride.

If they ever play again on 4-1/2 inch pockets either player could win, but it would be a lot more contested, by both players.

Billy I.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
billy now that you are posting again i guess you are in good recovery:)
i sent you a pm. check them when you can
welcome back
larry