Artie commentary: Frost vs Pagulayan

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Just thought some here may enjoy this as much as I did. Great job on the commentary to both Artie and Larry.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV1xYvIMjoA&feature=feedrec_grec_index[/ame]

grimel

Verified Member
Artie speaks better than he types. I do like him giving the offensive version and what he would do and why he'd not take the wide open shot. He's even been shown to be right most of the time.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I watched and listened to it all and it was good. Larry says Artie is working on a biography and an instructional book, I wonder when those are coming out?

You know what's really amazing? That a bombshell like this can be dropped and not a single person made an inquiry. That leaves me to think that you all knew it already and were keeping it from me, or that none of you care or my last choice, none of you noticed this post.

Of course, maybe it's just a coincidence that AB is AWOL at the same time that a well-known author (who had been posting 10 times per day) is also AWOL, stranger things have happened but not lately around here:p.

Oh well, I really don't care much more than to bring it up again.;)

I hope there aren't any errata sheets this time:D.

Dennis

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
You know what's really amazing? That a bombshell like this can be dropped and not a single person made an inquiry. That leaves me to think that you all knew it already and were keeping it from me, or that none of you care or my last choice, none of you noticed this post.

Of course, maybe it's just a coincidence that AB is AWOL at the same time that a well-known author (who had been posting 10 times per day) is also AWOL, stranger things have happened but not lately around here:p.

Dennis

$ 5000.00 a copy. I probably can only afford one. Billy I. will buy a few to hoard. :D
Rod.

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
$ 5000.00 a copy. I probably can only afford one. Billy I. will buy a few to hoard. :D
Rod.

I just hope that it's not all one long paragraph! :D Actually, I hope it's something affordable for poor working schmucks like me. It definitely sounds like something that he'd do, being as explanatory and open to discussions on the various situations.

Looks like it all was posted on a Sunday.. maybe the rest of us were in church. :confused:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I shall be forced...

I shall be forced...

...to shoot you all in the head, if you cannot see the CORRECT shot in this situation...PM me..only $3.75 per reply...PayPal only please !

Ghoatsy...You were first to respond, but it shows you only have $1.45, in your PP account....Better luck next time.....:cool: :D :p

Last edited:

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest

Dennis

I missed it... I've been missing a lot of threads lately.

My brain is pretty much mush these days, so I hate to ask this, but who's the author that was posting 10 times a day? Do you believe the 2 are in cahoots together on this?:)

I think it's great when anyone puts out a book on onepocket. I think it would be a interesting book and possibly will present a more indepth persepective of his particular style of onepocket. I really don't see it being any kind of be all end all book though.

The price will be what I look forward to knowing.:D

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Of course, maybe it's just a coincidence that AB is AWOL at the same time that a well-known author (who had been posting 10 times per day) is also AWOL, stranger things have happened but not lately around here
Oh well, I really don't care much more than to bring it up again.

Dennis

I missed it... I've been missing a lot of threads lately.

My brain is pretty much mush these days, so I hate to ask this, but who's the author that was posting 10 times a day? Do you believe the 2 are in cahoots together on this?:)

I think it's great when anyone puts out a book on onepocket. I think it would be a interesting book and possibly will present a more indepth persepective of his particular style of onepocket. I really don't see it being any kind of be all end all book though.

The price will be what I look forward to knowing.:D

save your money
when efren writes his book it will be from the smartest player to have ever played one pocket:rolleyes::heh

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Well I'm not certain but I think they both live in the western U.S., quite possibly in Nevada and maybe even both reside in Las Vegas:p.

Dennis

tylerdurden

Verified Member

Dennis

Whatever it is, I hope it is strategy-based one pocket stuff :D

I felt like Artie was at least a tad reluctant to discuss the book during the commentary (pure conjecture). Does that mean anything if true? Maybe there are so many secrets in there they don't want to release it to anybody :heh

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Rod.

Only if there was a limited number printed. At $5,000 a copy I would probably buy a dozen or so and sit on them for 20 years. Then I could sell both books "Winning One Pocket" and "A.B. Biography"as a package deal for $20,000. With that kind of money I could then play Stroud for $50,000 a game.:D But then if he never missed a ball I would be back to hustling $20 nine ball.:frus But like J.H. says "at least i'll have fun"

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Only if there was a limited number printed. At $5,000 a copy I would probably buy a dozen or so and sit on them for 20 years. Then I could sell both books "Winning One Pocket" and "A.B. Biography"as a package deal for $20,000. With that kind of money I could then play Stroud for $50,000 a game.:D But then if he never missed a ball I would be back to hustling $20 nine ball.:frus But like J.H. says "at least i'll have fun"

Dr. Bill

Stroud made it quite clear that he's not motivated by money and he don't wanna play you old guys:p.

RBL

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL

Dennis

Believe it or not, I actually suggested this to AWOL over a year ago when we were still talking a lot. I knew he saw Artie once in awhile and that the one pocket world would drool for such a book.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Believe it or not, I actually suggested this to AWOL over a year ago when we were still talking a lot. I knew he saw Artie once in awhile and that the one pocket world would drool for such a book.

Maybe a different title is in the works:p?

Everyone should watch and listen to the match and commentary in the opening post of this thread. It's how it should be done. Not too much blathering and just the right amount of information.

Dennis

youngstown

Verified Member
I would love to read Artie's book, if it's coming out but I hope that it's edited.

Last edited:

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Maybe a different title is in the works:p?

Everyone should watch and listen to the match and commentary in the opening post of this thread. It's how it should be done. Not too much blathering and just the right amount of information.

Dennis

AB comments in a style that is not too ego-driven or boredom-generated. There are a lot of problems with most commentary associated with both of these factors. War stories can be fun but should be rare in professional commentary. Another pet peeve of mine is carrying on a conversation with the chat room. I think they should forget about the chat room.

The obstacle I see with this collaboration for the worlds most anticipated One Pocket book is the abject anal retentiveness of both of the collaborators. Yes, such a book would be fantastic and immediately popular and in demand but I would be shocked to my knees if they could ever cooperate long enough to do it. More power to them if they do. I'll be surprised if you don't agree with this, Dennis. You know one of these guys at least as well as I do, I think.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
The obstacle I see with this collaboration for the worlds most anticipated One Pocket book is the abject anal retentiveness of both of the collaborators.

:lol :lol I have a friend who's incredibly knowledgeable about an aspect of U.S. history about which he's been writing a book for 20 years. There's ALWAYS something more that needs to be added, or an additional piece of information that needs to be found.

Attempting to achieve perfection can be a good thing when it's being pursued in something where it is possible. History and one pocket are two things in which it is not. :eek:

P.S. I found Artie very interesting, but Schwartz drives me crazy. There's at least one "you know" in every sentence.