US Open One Pocket in May VEGAS

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
jrhendy said:
I am just giggin the Ghost a little here Doc. I like the game and think if I play my game I will get the cheese.

Being your own partner and shooting every other shot while they are shooting every fourth shot should be worth a ball to ball and a half, so on paper I think I have the edge.

Then maybe, to make it a more fair game, you should give us 9-8...:)

- Ghosty

Weatherman

Verified Member
From
Atlanta, Ga.
Book your trip to Vegas now!

Book your trip to Vegas now!

Just booked on Expedia.

Roundtrip Non-stop airfare from Atlanta and hotel for 9 nights

(Yes..At the Riviera)

For $750.00

WOW!!

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
blackeee said:
Will Pat and his crew be there?

If you are referring to Pat Fleming, I doubt it.

TAR has been the Streamer of Choice for Mark Griffin's events in Vegas.

Pat will probably stream the Derby again in Jan 2011 covering the tournament Main TV Table.

TAR will be covering the Action Room excitement.

stljohnny

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
jtompilot said:
So Johnny where is your neck of the woods? I play atlease once a year at cue and cushon. Some times at the break.

C&C is the only place that I had ever seen 1P being playing regularly - but that was always by the old school guys (read: retired). However, in the last 6 months there's been quite a surge of it amongst the younger players that can't even run 4 balls in the other pool I frequent - Sportscenter (in Affton). I hear it's getting a lot of play at Ride the Rail on Telegraph as well.

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
More info from Mark Griffin

More info from Mark Griffin

US OPEN ONE POCKET will be held in conjunction with the BCAPL National 8-Ball Championships.

May 13-15, 2011. $10,000 added. $300 entry. Limited field of 32 players. Possibly expand to 48 but that might cause extending the tournament till Monday. This will become an annual event. Trying to keep it a Fri-Sat-Sun event.

Monday - Saturday is the US OPEN 10-BALL event. $25,000 added. Probably limited to 96 players. Only 8 tables available - all new Diamonds - but expanding to 128 is unlikely.

This is just preliminary info. Press release coming out within a week or so with many more details.

Go to www.playbca.com or www.playcsipool.com for more info.

Thanks,

Mark Griffin

frmn

Verified Member
i guess with fri-sun dates to play in the onepocket i'll have to play acs singles and scotch eightball. is this what mr. griffin wants?

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Are onepocket.org members going to meet at one of the pool halls in vegas during this extravaganza? If so when and where? Might be the opportunity I was looking for to meet some of you... Even though the thought of heading back to any desert is not high on my list...lol

SJDinPHX

Suspended
wgcp said:
Are onepocket.org members going to meet at one of the pool halls in vegas during this extravaganza? If so when and where? Might be the opportunity I was looking for to meet some of you... Even though the thought of heading back to any desert is not high on my list...lol

There are only two action joints in Vegas Bille, I'm sure all the members will wind up at whichever one Dippy Dave is playing at....:D

(unless he has all the pool players broke by then...:eek:)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I'll be very interested to read the upcoming press release, and other information about the 1P part. With only 8 tables, and with all those 8-9-10 ball players at the hotel, and other events scheduled all weekend, I don't know how they're going to fit in the 1P tournament-- let alone any hope of practice or matching-up time.

Doc

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Strong Field????

Strong Field????

if you limit the field to 32 players how do they insure that all the top players get in? there should be some way to get the top 20 one pocket players in the world into the field. in golf the us open automatically invites the best players based on their performance insuring the best field possible. i sure hope some consideration is given here with such a limited field. Sappo

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
sappo said:
if you limit the field to 32 players how do they insure that all the top players get in? there should be some way to get the top 20 one pocket players in the world into the field. in golf the us open automatically invites the best players based on their performance insuring the best field possible. i sure hope some consideration is given here with such a limited field. Sappo

I am curious about it also and hopefully it is open to 48 players and perhaps next year 64. I think its going to be a great event regardless and I hope to be in attendance for it.