E. Reyes vs. S.V.B. 2012 D.C.C.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
No score and Reyes to shoot. What would you do?

13 is too far off the rail for him to kick at it off the top rail, so he has to make it off the 13 while moving the 13 out of the target zone.

Of course Efren might do something other-worldly like playing 7-4 and using the 12 to stick on the 2. Not your humble servant though, Boss.

Mike

Verified Member
If the 15 - 11 aren't frozen there may be a shot off the one to make the 11.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Shoot the 15 into the foot rail about 3 inches from the 14 ball. 14 crosses over to his side, 15 moves up table and the CB is froze to the 11 ball.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Shoot the 15 into the foot rail about 3 inches from the 14 ball. 14 crosses over to his side, 15 moves up table and the CB is froze to the 11 ball.

I like this shot. It is the easiest shot to execute with the best results. Worst case the 14 probably rattles and clears the hole unless you butcher the hit and leave the 14 in the hole.

IMO you are only prolonging the agony with the other shots available. This might turn it around.

treeMan

Verified Member

That is a pretty sporty shot, I like it.

If I couldn't see enough of the 15 for this (or if I just didn't see the shot which is more likely), I would send the cue ball into the 14 off the 13, bumping the 13 up high enough so it can't be banked, and either knocking out or making the 14.

tree

1pwannabe

Verified Member

This is the simplest way to get out of this, with almost 0 risk. Good catch.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Looks dead with a thin hit.

Putting a line through the centers of both balls, it looks a tad off for this combo to me.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Putting a line through the centers of both balls, it looks a tad off for this combo to me.

Hitting at that angle, it's gonna throw to the left, so I'm not sure it's on line.

If Jeff's shot is there, meaning the 11 isn't in the way, that's gotta be the right shot.

If not, the more difficult variant is available: cut the 1 (not the 5--thanks LSJohn) to the footrail to take out the 14 and stun the cueball into the 4/7. I don't love that, though.

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Hitting at that angle, it's gonna throw to the left, so I'm not sure it's on line.

If Jeff's shot is there, meaning the 11 isn't in the way, that's gotta be the right shot.

If not, the more difficult variant is available: cut the 5 to the footrail to take out the 14 and stun the cueball into the 4/7. I don't love that, though.

Took me a minute to realize you're calling the 1 the 5. The 5 is the ball nearest CB.

youngstown

Verified Member
I think I like shooting the 3 one rail toward the 10, hoping to tie up the 10, but my primary focus is to freeze him on the 12. He will return with a safety, maybe using the 5 to bury me in the stack, but maybe ill have a kick at the 14 off my long rail.

I sort of like the 11 to cross the 14...

Yeah, well, that's just, like, you're opinion, man.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
If you can see enough of the 15 to take the 14 out and stick the ball on the 11, that's a great shot, easy to execute and what I would choose as well.

I think someone mentioned this earlier but another good option is shooting the 7-4 combo and stick the CB right there. The 4 hits the long rail, pockets the 14 and then comes over to your side into the 13 possible making the 13 or the 4 off of the underside of the 13 or just have them both near your hole - I like this a lot too.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
If you can see enough of the 15 to take the 14 out and stick the ball on the 11, that's a great shot, easy to execute and what I would choose as well.

I think someone mentioned this earlier but another good option is shooting the 7-4 combo and stick the CB right there. The 4 hits the long rail, pockets the 14 and then comes over to your side into the 13 possible making the 13 or the 4 off of the underside of the 13 or just have them both near your hole - I like this a lot too.

What happens to the seven, it leaks out for a shot into the pocket.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
What happens to the seven, it leaks out for a shot into the pocket.

The 7 ball shouldn't go too far because when hitting it into the 4 at a straight on angle (no cut) and it will stay near the point of contact to the 4 and the CB - if you stop it dead, it would leave a tough shot but possibly make-able.

Good observation, but for me personally I feel I can shoot the shot and if I need to come down a half inch by using a little right to be safer, I am good with that too :)

Don't get me wrong I like the other shot better (15 into the 14 and freezing) - but I am not certain if the 11 is in the way.

Thanks!

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I like this shot. It is the easiest shot to execute with the best results. Worst case the 14 probably rattles and clears the hole unless you butcher the hit and leave the 14 in the hole.

IMO you are only prolonging the agony with the other shots available. This might turn it around.

This is also my shot, but I'm also looking at the 1/6 combo bank, and leave whitey in the 8-4-7 catchers mitt with the 6 near my hole. If executed well, this shot would be the old switcheroo, especially if efern was able to leave the cue ball on TOP of the eight. Also, if efren was able to bank the six into that combo, he could easily hang that ball.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
This is also my shot, but I'm also looking at the 1/6 combo bank, and leave whitey in the 8-4-7 catchers mitt with the 6 near my hole. If executed well, this shot would be the old switcheroo, especially if efern was able to leave the cue ball on TOP of the eight. Also, if efren was able to bank the six into that combo, he could easily hang that ball.

Ouch!

What a shot. I love it.

Good eye Bill.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
As long as the 14 stays where it is, this will be a continuing emergency for Efren. It has to be moved. Frank's shot should move it, and I like the shot. Efren can also kick off the head rail to hit the 14, and that's what I would do. The angle is there - no need to gimmick the shot. I might also prefer to hit the long rail before the 14, and make it a two rail kick.