Az/one pocket.org room at dcc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
It may be a little early, but the Derby is creeping up on us.

Seems like last year the tables were used by quite a few non Az/Onepocket.org members.

We are getting quite a bit of interest on the partners game on the Geezers thread and some who do not qualify as geezers who are also interested in playing partners matches.

How about we reserve one or both tables for a night or more to play these matches. Can be low to high stakes depending on the players involved and would be a lot of fun.

I vote for The Ghost to be in charge of this since he will be in there blowing his cash anyway.

SJDinPHX

Suspended

Seems like last year the tables were used by quite a few non Az/Onepocket.org members.

We are getting quite a bit of interest on the partners game on the Geezers thread and some who do not qualify as geezers who are also interested in playing partners matches.

How about we reserve one or both tables for a night or more to play these matches. Can be low to high stakes depending on the players involved and would be a lot of fun.

I vote for The Ghost to be in charge of this since he will be in there blowing his cash anyway.

John,

I don't think its fair to overload Ghoatsy with too many difficult chores...He is definately NOT multi-tasker material...;) :eek: :p

PS..And he, for sure, is NOT "Bouncer" material, should unauthorized players try to take over the table...:eek:

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
John,

I don't think its fair to overload Ghoatsy with too many difficult chores...He is definately NOT multi-tasker material...;) :eek: :p

PS..And he, for sure, is NOT "Bouncer" material, should unauthorized players try to take over the table...:eek:

He is from Chicago, he can handle it.

The room is just not utilized much by us or the Az'rs. I pay my $25 to support the room but have not played much in there the last two years.

I posted the same thread on Az so we will see what happens.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa

Ghost doesn't even qualify for the geezers game. He's a youngster like me. We need someone rude, heartless, indifferent, and disrespectful to others. It would probably help to be from Chicago.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

I vote for The Ghost to be in charge of this since he will be in there taking down all the cash anyway...:(

Trouble is John, I could be wrong, but I don't think all of the $25 contributors from azbilliards would look too kindly on us taking over a table for a day/night like that......tell you one thing though...

If all/most of us are there early (I will be)...the first two days/nights that the room is open: Thursday & Friday...many players haven't arrived yet, and the room has way less players in it then it does in the following 8 days, and it would probably be possible to commandeer a table...

Another possibility is....Greg Sullivan has his small private balcony-room above the TV table with a table in it, which he may let us use...Mark Griffin and Freddy have the most clout with Greg to make that happen :) or, getting Greg to play in the matches with us, would also make it happen...;)

- Ghost

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
which he may let us use...

Did the owner of the rights to the geezers tournament (JRHendy) grant a waver to those younger than 65? I mean, I know you're trying to trap him again and all.......................:D:D:D
If it's a partners game, I want the Beard as my partner.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I'll check

I'll check

Trouble is John, I could be wrong, but I don't think all of the $25 contributors from azbilliards would look too kindly on us taking over a table for a day/night like that......tell you one thing though...

If all/most of us are there early (I will be)...the first two days/nights that the room is open: Thursday & Friday...many players haven't arrived yet, and the room has way less players in it then it does in the following 8 days, and it would probably be possible to commandeer a table...

Another possibility is....Greg Sullivan has his small private balcony-room above the TV table with a table in it, which he may let us use...Mark Griffin and Freddy have the most clout with Greg to make that happen :) or, getting Greg to play in the matches with us, would also make it happen...;)

- Ghost

I will check with Greg Sullivan about the "secret room." If I remember right, Greg didnt have it last year. That was the secret room where Greg and I used to play unencumbered. If he is going to have it again, I am sure he will let us use it and might even play himself. He plays about the right speed too. One pocket that is. He would rob all you partner people playing banks.

Beard

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

- Ghost

You were sick last year. Very few of the regulars spent much time in the room and very little action like previous years.

Deeman

Verified Member
You were sick last year. Very few of the regulars spent much time in the room and very little action like previous years.

A log of use it but many are there that are not paying members. I'd much rather see our guys collide than many of the other stuff that is done there.

I offered to be the tush hog last year but nobody took me up on it.

DeeMan

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
A log of use it but many are there that are not paying members. I'd much rather see our guys collide than many of the other stuff that is done there.

DeeMan

Dee.....How's a guy as nice as you gonna be a tush hog...;)

- Ghosty

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

DeeMan

No badges last year either to recognize fellow members. Maybe all of us can watch it a little more. I know Steve can't hang out there the whole time so we will work something out.

I don't think we can swallow the cost of new ID's but maybe a different color wrist band or something. Too many guys that don't pay are playing for free in there instead of dumping $$ in the tables in the other rooms.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
No badges last year either to recognize fellow members. Maybe all of us can watch it a little more. I know Steve can't hang out there the whole time so we will work something out.

I don't think we can swallow the cost of new ID's but maybe a different color wrist band or something. Too many guys that don't pay are playing for free in there instead of dumping $$ in the tables in the other rooms.

Your geezers t-thirt will be the entry. Its great of the Ghost to make the shirts. Its too bad he won't be able to play in the geezers tournament until next year. I'm pretty sure that those colored bans are pretty easy to buy.:cool::cool:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Wrrrrist bands

Wrrrrist bands

WHOLESALE/WRISTBANDS.com cost of 100, $107. I will be glad to order them if I can get reimbursed. Since I have never played in the AZ room, I will pay the first $25 as my membership.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I will ask Greg

I will ask Greg

A good point was made that those freeloaders should be outside paying time. That should interest Greg Sullivan. I will ask him to figure something out to monitor that situation. He probably has cases of wrist bands. Just need one with a different color, and a sign in the room denoting that color as a requirement for entry.

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
A good point was made that those freeloaders should be outside paying time. That should interest Greg Sullivan. I will ask him to figure something out to monitor that situation. He probably has cases of wrist bands. Just need one with a different color, and a sign in the room denoting that color as a requirement for entry.

Beard

Steve Lomako is in charge of the room,..I'm sure he wouldn't mind standing guard there 24/7..:rolleyes:

PS..He won't have his normal duty again this year..Bodyguard to control my fan club, and female purveyer (aka pimp)..:p

Last edited:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Steve Lomako is in charge of the room,..I'm sure he wouldn't mind standing guard there 24/7..:rolleyes:

PS..He won't have his normal duty again this year..Bodyguard to control my fan club, and female purveyer (aka pimp)..:p

What kind of face cream you using Dick? Youre looking good.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
tush hogs invited

tush hogs invited

I just heard from Mike Howerton of AZBilliards and it sounds like Greg would like for both AZ & OnePocket.org to have a couple or so volunteers to check in on the room a little more than has happened the last couple of years. I noticed below that we had at least one volunteer :D

In past years we have had cards, not wrist bands -- but nobody really checking. A list in the room would be good too, since many of us do not keep track of the cards. It has been $25 per person in the past; I am not sure who is collecting this year. I'll have to ask. It has been Steve Lomako prior years, maybe he is doing it again this year...

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Beard

I like your reasoning for asking Greg for sole possession of the room, did SJD help you with it? JK. JK. JK. Or did you think of it yourself? Either way it should work.

Billy I.