one ball left.....your shot

GoldCrown

Verified Member
2 rail.... top rail, side (Darrens) to my pocket. Leave cue top rail

I would love to see this shot made.
The confetti is going up in the air and the sirens are going off if you whack this one in .

thanks everyone for their shot selections'
darren chose the shot described above by rob
he seems to know his sh*t,,,:)
View attachment 14154

View attachment 14155
I have no end of game experience. I play with guys that know less than I do. I don't mind posting an incorrect wwyd as I learned from it. I now have what to look for when this situation comes up. I tend to go for the fence when a bunt is the play.

Last edited:

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Posting an Incorecct WWYD

Posting an Incorecct WWYD

I have no end of game experience. I play with guys that know less than I do. I don't mind posting an incorrect wwyd as I learned from it. I now have what to look for when this situation comes up. I tend to go for the fence when a bunt is the play.

GC I do it all the time, same as we all do when we pull the trigger on any shot during play, land of hard knocks. With all the experience on this site, we're very fortunate to have at our disposal, great learning tools for the mind from the herd of the last generation. I thank all those that have the knowledge to help us that are learning this complex game.

GoldCrown

Verified Member
GC I do it all the time, same as we all do when we pull the trigger on any shot during play, land of hard knocks. With all the experience on this site, we're very fortunate to have at our disposal, great learning tools for the mind from the herd of the last generation. I thank all those that have the knowledge to help us that are learning this complex game.

It's the constructive answers we get that keep 1P.org exclusive and dedicated to the game. I thank you for yours. And a thank you to the members that post the wwyd's. When I play with my crowd (community center pool room) I try things(moves I have been practicing) that sometimes go real south. I get the What was That?. I say it's a 1p thing...you wouldn't understand.:D

beatle

Verified Member
you have to equate the answers to your own ability. each of us play differently and cannot do what others do sometimes.

against weaker players than you, ticking around works as you get to out move them on every ball. so shooting a tough shot that may sell out isnt usually the right choice.

against a better player you must shoot more tough shots as he is going to out move you and get to the shots first and run more balls than you can.

if you play the same game as most do all the time, you get eaten alive by the better players.

GoldCrown

Verified Member
you have to equate the answers to your own ability.

The beauty of my level is there is only one way up(and out). These WWYD's and anything related is great stuff for me. I don't mind posting answers way off course. I can take criticism and welcome it. I'm not stuck on pause....I'm going up not down.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
The beauty of my level is there is only one way up(and out). These WWYD's and anything related is great stuff for me. I don't mind posting answers way off course. I can take criticism and welcome it. I'm not stuck on pause....I'm going up not down.

You have a great attitude, hang in there.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
2 rail.... top rail, side (Darrens) to my pocket. Leave cue top rail

GoldCrown,

One of the primary things to look for in these situations is which pocket you are shooting at:). Darren was shooting:D. Live and learn. Like Rod says you have a great attitude and that's conducive to learning always.

Dennis

GoldCrown

Verified Member
GoldCrown,

One of the primary things to look for in these situations is which pocket you are shooting at:). Darren was shooting:D. Live and learn. Like Rod says you have a great attitude and that's conducive to learning always.

Dennis

Slightly confused. The original post says what WWYD....does not say who's shooting. Thought I was playing against Darren...did not realize I'm taking his shot. Oops Sorry Darren. Reading was never my forte..... I should have stayed in school :lol

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Slightly confused. The original post says what WWYD....does not say who's shooting. Thought I was playing against Darren...did not realize I'm taking his shot. Oops Sorry Darren. Reading was never my forte..... I should have stayed in school :lol

True enough. Sometimes the people posting WWYD's forget things (or are not clear) because they are on their way to work or something but that's the reason the pocket (or side of table) is labeled "Darren". It tells us that's the pocket you are shooting at, unless of course I post a WWYD, then I label both pockets and write clearly what's happening and then I sometimes make a mistake.

In the Efren vs. You thread everyone is pretending they are playing Efren even though nobody posting on this forum can play Efren 10-7. Go figure.

Good luck navigating the morass.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

I hope this isn't smartass, because I make PLENTY of this kind of mistake, but in this case I took my clue from Darren standing with his cue looking the shot over (bottom left.)

Tennessee Joe6

Verified Member
From
Middle Tennessee
Deciding who's shot is confusing.... finally gave up but came back several times to figure it out. However this is a great WWYD and thanks for starting this thread.

GoldCrown

Verified Member
I hope this isn't smartass, because I make PLENTY of this kind of mistake, but in this case I took my clue from Darren standing with his cue looking the shot over (bottom left.)

Definitely not a smart-ass reply and if it were I can handle it or anything that comes my way. I'm used to being hit, insulted, ETC...blah blah. I'm used to pain. I'm MARRIED. But ok now I know not to assume anything.
So if I was shooting at the opposite pocket my play would be the same as others posted? Both balls stay up table or 1 rail to (my)corner? I would 1 rail.

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
So if I was shooting at the opposite pocket my play would be the same as others posted? Both balls stay up table or 1 rail to (my)corner? I would 1 rail.

I haven't tried it with that exact setup, but it looks like it's almost a no-brainer to put both balls on the first diamond on your side of the short rails, one at each end by crossing the 9 down table. I don't think he has anything he likes from there.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

If I had the other pocket I would also 1 rail it either to my pocket or the general area all depending on how it layed.

2016-03-05 15_14_02-one ball left.....your shot - OnePocket.org Forums - Internet Explorer.png

GoldCrown

Verified Member
I haven't tried it with that exact setup, but it looks like it's almost a no-brainer to put both balls on the first diamond on your side of the short rails, one at each end by crossing the 9 down table. I don't think he has anything he likes from there.

If I had the other pocket I would also 1 rail it either to my pocket or the general area all depending on how it layed.

View attachment 14172

Ok thanks. We need more end of game WWYD's. Especially me. A mindset is a great start.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Ok thanks. We need more end of game WWYD's. Especially me. A mindset is a great start.

Maybe the 3 guys who take over and overwhelm every WWYD thread will start posting some layouts but probably not.

GoldCrown, name 2 players you'd like to see in an endgame situation and I'll see if I can find a layout tomorrow.

Dennis

GoldCrown

Verified Member
Maybe the 3 guys who take over and overwhelm every WWYD thread will start posting some layouts but probably not.

GoldCrown, name 2 players you'd like to see in an endgame situation and I'll see if I can find a layout tomorrow.

Dennis

I have no particular favorites. If you feel up to it post any challenging EOG.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member

I didn't really mean it as a knock , although I can see where someone might take it that way.
I felt like the other poster was saying the same thing.
I have seen and made some of the craziest shots in the world , sometimes you just feel it, and it goes in like it has a string on it.
If you made that shot on me, I would appreciate it, for what it is.
I might even pay you double.{especially if we were playing for 20 or less.}:lol

GoldCrown

Verified Member
I didn't really mean it as a knock , although I can see where someone might take it that way.
I felt like the other poster was saying the same thing.
I have seen and made some of the craziest shots in the world , sometimes you just feel it, and it goes in like it has a string on it.
If you made that shot on me, I would appreciate it, for what it is.
I might even pay you double.{especially if we were playing for 20 or less.}:lol

No knock taken. Ever. And If I made it I'd quit and go home. I need to learn how to win. I'm all ears. I'm in a good position right now. I can only get better.