Scott/shane 2009 dcc

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Hi guys,

I also shoot/shot a lot of follow shows, to head uptable..Good players can control their speed on a draw shoot too, but unless you are fairly close to the OB, follow speed is usually much more reliable, if thats the direction you need to go.

We all use it a lot, but not all that often on multiple frozen balls. I would probably shoot the shot Larry and V-man are looking at, but be aware, when you are contacting two or more frozen OB's, the mass your dealing with greatly effects the cue ball speed. This also happens with a draw shot, (cue ball can act like a ping pong ball, right Dr.?)..Jes' sayin'...Work on them a little, to see where you're at..Don't gamble on getting your cue ball as well placed, as a normal, one OB follow shot..;)

It hasn't been often that you participate in a shot discussion thread, such a shame as knowledgeable as a player as you are. Yes you're right about the multiple frozen balls affecting the cue ball more than a single ball. But like any thing else the more you experiment with it the better understanding you will have when the shot shows. You also brought up a very noteworthy point when you said that following a shot is more reliable than drawing a shot. So whenever we have the option to play position by either following the ball, or drawing the ball, try to lean to the follow shot. Sometimes when we play 9 ball, which isn't often we'll get ball in hand with the ability to either follow for position, or place the cue ball in another position to draw the shot. Use the follow option, and you'll end up doing much better.

Any ways I like the follow shot here, following through the 1 ball and going up table with the cue ball. With this shot you get a lot done, positioning balls, leaving distance, and utilizing balls as blockers protecting your position.

Dr. Bill

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
well i think shane was trying vapros shot
but it didnt go exactly as planned.....:eek:
the cue ball went BETWEEN the 2 stripes
2 railed to the center of the table
and scott ran out
ss2.jpg

ss3.jpg

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Sorry but this shot really doesn't help develop a stronger position, plus it takes a ball away from your side of the table that is fairly near your pocket. Plus it's not that easy of a shot to control the cue ball off of.

Look to move balls that go into your opponents pocket (like the 8 ball)and not in your pocket. Look to leave distance like Vapros shot. Look to position balls on your side of table and leave distance, like the last shot I described shooting through the 1 ball and following the cue ball up table, leaving distance with balls blocking and protecting your position.;)

With your shot you're putting everything in controlling the cue ball with a shot that is not easy to control the cue ball. You're not strengthening your position, and as a consequent your making the game play to easy for your opponent.:sorry

Dr. Bill

Dr. Bill,

I must be some kind of masochist because I love it when you tell me I'm wrong and why. I guess it's because I learn something every time. The kind of shot I advocated for, banking the 10 and hiding whitie, is one I shoot all the time. I'm sure I would profit from looking at other options before going to this shot. Thanks.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
well i think shane was trying vapros shot
but it didnt go exactly as planned.....:eek:
the cue ball went BETWEEN the 2 stripes
2 railed to the center of the table
and scott ran out
View attachment 5773

View attachment 5774

This is one of the reasons that I would have shot the 14 soft with just enough speed to block a shot on the three ball. Shooting soft would most likely keep the cue ball from doing something funny. (like what it did).

Last edited: