Update

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
So I crushed T-8 which is in the middle of my back, it is the same as the t-10 incident in Iraq last year... I am no longer over 6 foot tall... the flight surgeon and neuro surgeon both say that my spine and cord are stable, that it is bad genetics, 1 in a million injuries... believe it or not the only worry they have about me flying again is whether or not I would survive a crash sequence... that one has me scratching my head and winding my watch... but they have submitted the paperwork that I can resume "normal" (yes Freddie that means slow your dumb ass down), activities... the pain is from bone injury and what they called spurs surrounding nerves, they showed me this on the MRI...So now I am eating ibupropin (sp) also known as ranger candy at 800mg a pop as long as I eat something... they also said if I was not flying I could more or less have all the oxy(something) or morphine I wanted... I am choosing to try and fly again... so no meds that might cause dependence...

I am flying out next week to Dallas, for the Apache Helicopter user conference... any one pocket.org members who would care to have a sip or two of any quality adult beverages while I am there next week pm me... I will bring my cue, but as of right now can't lift my head up real well to shoot... and yes I know I have a big head, and ears and can laugh at my own ignorance in trying to act like a 20 year old...even more after a few libations...

Bille

P.S. Alfie's book is a great read...

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
So I crushed T-8 which is in the middle of my back, it is the same as the t-10 incident in Iraq last year... I am no longer over 6 foot tall... the flight surgeon and neuro surgeon both say that my spine and cord are stable, that it is bad genetics, 1 in a million injuries... believe it or not the only worry they have about me flying again is whether or not I would survive a crash sequence... that one has me scratching my head and winding my watch... but they have submitted the paperwork that I can resume "normal" (yes Freddie that means slow your dumb ass down), activities... the pain is from bone injury and what they called spurs surrounding nerves, they showed me this on the MRI...So now I am eating ibupropin (sp) also known as ranger candy at 800mg a pop as long as I eat something... they also said if I was not flying I could more or less have all the oxy(something) or morphine I wanted... I am choosing to try and fly again... so no meds that might cause dependence...

I am flying out next week to Dallas, for the Apache Helicopter user conference... any one pocket.org members who would care to have a sip or two of any quality adult beverages while I am there next week pm me... I will bring my cue, but as of right now can't lift my head up real well to shoot... and yes I know I have a big head, and ears and can laugh at my own ignorance in trying to act like a 20 year old...even more after a few libations...

Bille

Bille,

Much like the Tin Man or the Scarecrow or the Lion in the Wizard Of Oz you only need one thing:D:

Jump Shoes.jpg

Yes, Alfie's book is a great read.

Dennis

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois

Bille

We need you back in that cockpit, Bille Boy. You do what you gotta do. You still got -- if youre careful -- some good years left in the saddle.

Beard

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
bille
good to hear you can still fly
we know you arent going to crash
:)
be well
heal fast
you will be ready for the next DCC
:)
larry

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Too bad you're not on the west coast,

I'd be happy to have a few drinks and a few games with ya buddy.

Dud

Richard S

Verified Member
From
Poplarville MS
Parachute Landing Falls (PLF's)

Parachute Landing Falls (PLF's)

Col. Bille, I stand ready to work with you on your parachute landing falls, having been an experienced practicioner of same 50 years ago when I was a young entrenching tool operator.

Then we could move indoors and do some One Pocket sparring and work on cruel safeties, shots, etc.

I'm starting to develop a fever to go to Tunica. These big tournaments are a great upportunity for a player/fan, as many of us really are, to get to play, watch, and LEARN from the best in the game.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
If your pain levels continue, try Suboxone, (Buprenorphine and naloxone). Sits on your back receptors to kill the pain. You cannot continue the ibuprophine, it will kill your liver. Try Indocine, stronger, non narcotic, better for your stomach and liver. Bone spurs in your spinal cord will only get worse and can cause a permanent condition of chronic pain. It happens when your body starts to believe your supposed to have pain when there is no physical cause. It's no fun. ATFM Ed wants you to call.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
If your pain levels continue, try Suboxone, (Buprenorphine and naloxone). Sits on your back receptors to kill the pain. You cannot continue the ibuprophine, it will kill your liver. Try Indocine, stronger, non narcotic, better for your stomach and liver. Bone spurs in your spinal cord will only get worse and can cause a permanent condition of chronic pain. It happens when your body starts to believe your supposed to have pain when there is no physical cause. It's no fun. ATFM Ed wants you to call.

He's right Bille. I had several associates die from liver problems. They were pretty young too. They took the pain pills with acetominophen and it killed them. I used soboxone for two years for dependence. I quit cold at 8 mil a day and it nearly done me in. Takes a long time to withdraw but I quit the wrong way, so don't even sweat that. I have some in the safe. pm n/c if you like...

They go under the tongue and I don't know what a dose would be for regular pain relief, but no where near the amount I was taking I'm sure. You could look it up. And yes of course it's Very addictive. Don't let anyone tell you different. Same as methadone...Almost as bad as sugar and sex. Naw. Not that bad... But like Scrzbill said, it really sticks to those receptor things in the brain and everywhere else so....

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
He's right Bille. I had several associates die from liver problems. They were pretty young too. They took the pain pills with acetominophen and it killed them. I used soboxone for two years for dependence. I quit cold at 8 mil a day and it nearly done me in. Takes a long time to withdraw but I quit the wrong way, so don't even sweat that. I have some in the safe. pm n/c if you like...

They go under the tongue and I don't know what a dose would be for regular pain relief, but no where near the amount I was taking I'm sure. You could look it up. And yes of course it's Very addictive. Don't let anyone tell you different. Same as methadone...Almost as bad as sugar and sex. Naw. Not that bad... But like Scrzbill said, it really sticks to those receptor things in the brain and everywhere else so....

Wow, you were taking big time dose. I have been taking it for about five years. 2mg. A few times I thought I could quit because I had no pain for so long. A month went by and no pain, then wham. I was laid up bad and no chance to see my regular pain management guy. Usually a low dose is what is necessary for pain management. (back problems)I have no problems with quitting or any withdrawals except for a little discomfort for a few hours. There is no functional problems like an oxy.