C. Deuel vs. S.V.B. 2012 Tunica

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I like three shots. Frank The Barbers' diagram. Cowboy Dennis' selection or Mr. Strouds could end up being a real game winner. I do not like the two railer on the one this time. I always agree with most any thing you say Larry, but I don't see how the one hit at that straight an angle, can go two rails like that and then get way over into the four, but I could be very wrong. I usually am. The fifteen can't stick in that area on Bills shot either. Bill is right about that. Since I would always go with the easiest safest shot, I would pick Cowboys...

JohnInNH

Verified Member
From
GOFFSTOWN, NH
I like 2-railing the 1 into the stack. It loosens things up a bit, maybe lets me see something next time I'm left long, plus it's high percentage. I see this as a better option than the 7-6 clear. Moving balls out of the other guy's hole is a good thing, but moving balls into mine at the same time is a better thing.

Now the 7-6 carom is interesting. Well hit, this could be good. It puts at least the six my direction and if you can drift whitey into the stack, all the better. Over all, though, if I can move the whole stack, I rather do that than only the six. Two-railing the 1 is my move I think. 'Course I lose a lot.

I like that shot also, no real danger of selling a shot, positive things can happen on my side.

John

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
I like three shots. Frank The Barbers' diagram. Cowboy Dennis' selection or Mr. Strouds could end up being a real game winner. I do not like the two railer on the one this time. I always agree with most any thing you say Larry, but I don't see how the one hit at that straight an angle, can go two rails like that and then get way over into the four, but I could be very wrong. I usually am. The fifteen can't stick in that area on Bills shot either. Bill is right about that. Since I would always go with the easiest safest shot, I would pick Cowboys...

i can't really articulate it into words, but the orientation of the 15/1 just doesnt "look right" or "feel on" to move em both effectively (and not screw up and make the 1 :eek:).....icbw

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Maybe this with top right.View attachment 7487

I like this shot , however, I would shoot the 7ball into the 1ball and draw the cue ball off the 6ball (one tip below center) toward the stack. The 6ball may end up near your side depending on how the shot is struck. Plus this shot can be hit hard enough to move both the 1ball and possibly the 7ball to your side as well. There are many pluses with this shot.
1. Move balls to your side of the table from opponents side.
2.Almost guaranteed not to leave a return shot.
3. Simple shot to execute.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
several of us liked the one ball shot.
whats the upside /downside of that shot??
It looks to me from eye balling the angle, the 1ball lays too flat to go into the stack. If that's true then the 1ball Imo shouldn't be an option. Also when shooting the 1ball there is more of a risk of leaving a return shot, especially if you're not moving balls toward your side. I kinda like Stroud's shot a little, however, only if the angle is stop and stick or follow 6"straight ahead. With shots like his when you need to cut the first ball is when you start running into problems.That's why I like his shot ...only if it is a straight on hit...Plus with a straight hit you can afford to hit it with a harder speed, (moving more balls) with less effort.

In this situation you must either position balls on your side, or shoot a clean up shot that does not leave a return shot..

I hope that I have helped you understand a little more of some of the available options, and the strong points which may encourage you to choose one of them.

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I don't think the angle is there for the one ball shot as described. For the one to take that two rail path the one would have to be cut somewhat toward the side rail. If the one is hit full on, the one will go two rails into the six and seven. If that happens there is no way to anticipated the outcome. Billy's shot is the right shot IMO. There is very little danger to this shot, it clears several balls from that quadrant of the table, and the seven will now be redirected to the other side of the table with the cue ball now very close to the stack. As Billy said; pretty simple shot to pull off.

Tom

8andout

Verified Member
One Ball

One Ball

Look at the overhead shot. i don't think theres any chance of the 1 ball clearing the 6-7 and hitting the stack. Though the 1 could be pocketed off the 6-7.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I'm shooting the 15 into the side rail into the 1 ball and stopping the cue ball.

Should steal the break and put Duel in real trouble.

Bill S.

What if the 15 sticks after hitting the one? Good chance?

Then you likely lose.

Look at the overhead pic.

There is no chance the 15 would stick if you hit it with proper speed.
The result is worth any potential risk and will probably win the game.

Bill S.

I agree with petie and Ktown, it looks to me like the 15 will hit the 1 ball full and stop or barely move. First shot I looked at but we all see things differently.

P.S. Bill, there is no one shot from here that will "probably win the game".

Dennis

bstroud

Verified Member

You may be right but it will sure provide the leverage you need to gain the upper hand.

Bill S.

bstroud

Verified Member
I looked at the overhead again and the only real danger is if the 10 ball comes over to the pocket.

Looks like you could hit the 1 ball too thin easier than too thick.

Bill S.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
when i really looked at the diagram and went to my table
based on corner 5 numbers
the cue ball comes from around 6.5
object ball hits around 0.2
which means the 1 definitely hits the 6/7
:eek::eek:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
when i really looked at the diagram and went to my table
based on corner 5 numbers
the cue ball comes from around 6.5
object ball hits around 0.2
which means the 1 definitely hits the 6/7
:eek::eek:

If you're trying to draw the CB where you diagrammed it's going to be real tough. :p
Rod.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I agree with petie and Ktown, it looks to me like the 15 will hit the 1 ball full and stop or barely move. First shot I looked at but we all see things differently.

Dennis
The likelihood of the 1ball hitting the rail and then sticking to the 15ball is about the same chance as you beating me playing even one pocket.:sorry:p

Dr. Bill

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I don't think the 1 will hit the stack either, but I don't see a problem with that. In fact, if the one hits the 7 on the side i think the one will then hit the 6 and the 6 will go right into the 8 etc. Id hit this pretty firm too. If the one hits the far side of the 6 it looks real good too I think. The 11 lays good as a blocker, but I do see the one downside as being able to leave a game winning return bank on something (probably the one, if anything).

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
The likelihood of the 1ball hitting the rail and then sticking to the 15ball is about the same chance as you beating me playing even one pocket.:sorry:p

Dr. Bill

The odds of me beating anyone playing even one-pocket are extremely small, I haven't played anyone in three weeks but I did break even then. Of course, there are idiots who sit in chairs on the sidelines for 35 years and point at guys and say "you guys should be playing each other". No matter that I've already beaten the guys they put forth.

P.S. Does this post of yours teasing me mean that it's open season on teasing and insulting each other once again? Inquiring minds want to know.

Dennis

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Inquiring minds want to know.

Dennis

inquiring minds want to know what was the shot of the pro in the match and the strengths and weaknesses of the shots selected
from the diagram after carefull review the cue ball is coming from 6 1/2 approx in the corner 5 system the 1 hits about 0.2-0.3 meaning the 1 will hit the 6-7 and not the stack (thanks jimmy B for pointing that out:))
still it should move balls to my side and remove balls from his side
downside is you dont have as much control of all the balls

Last edited: