Daulton vs. Joyner 2002 D.C.C.

Gerry

Verified Member
From
S.E. PA.
combo long rail bank on the 15 with the 14 going 2 rails down table for another bank if you make it?....follow CB down to end rail.

stljohnny

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
so... did he shoot this? ;) :D

(attachment was missing the first time - also my 1st time using greenshot. hate there's no "undo" feature.)

Attachments

• carombank_hanger.JPG
    carombank_hanger.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 0

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
nbot being so aggressive i like this shot
send my 2 balls down table to my side and leave the q with distance
if this is not so good let me here why. thanks

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
stljohnny said:

(attachment was missing the first time - also my 1st time using greenshot. hate there's no "undo" feature.)
stlj,

You can "undo" in Greenshot right up to the minute that you save it. Good job.

Dennis

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Gerry said:
combo long rail bank on the 15 with the 14 going 2 rails down table for another bank if you make it?....follow CB down to end rail.

stljohnny said:

You guys are showing too much speed...now you've lost your action with the Ghost....I'll need 9-7...:eek:

- Ghost

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
All kidding aside now...

*note to Papie and John H. - do not leave the Ghost in this spot...because he will be running two and out..:eek:..:eek:..:cool: >>>

- Goasty

PS, Fasten your seatbelt Bernie...:D

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/B/?@4NECy4OADW3PPIg4iECy1icmL1iKKo2iNOK4jADW4jDeJ4jcOC3jcps3kPIg3kBif2kDAp3kDhp2kKJv@[/CUETABLE]

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
One Pocket Ghost said:
All kidding aside now...

*note to Papie and John H. - do not leave the Ghost in this spot...because he will be running two and out.

- Goasty

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/B/?@4NECy4OADW3PPIg4iECy1icmL1iKKo2iNOK4jADW4jDeJ4jcOC3jcps3kPIg3kBif2kDAp3kDhp2kKJv@[/CUETABLE]
ghost
it seems to me as the night goes on you seem to be at your creative best:rolleyes: :eek:
what do you eat/drink/other around happy hour???:confused:
just askin:D

bernie p

Verified Member

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/B/?@4NECy4OADW3PPIg4iECy1icmL1iKKo2iNOK4jADW4jDeJ4jcOC3jcps3kPIg3kBif2kDAp3kDhp2kKJv@[/CUETABLE][/QUOTE]

Dear Mr Henderson,

Please accept this as notice that I would like to formally request a buy out for our upcoming match :eek: ...........just kidding.....I think (I hope) the Ghost is just messin' with us all:D

Bernie.

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
lll said:
nbot being so aggressive i like this shot
send my 2 balls down table to my side and leave the q with distance
if this is not so good let me here why. thanks

That's the shot I like too.

Gerry

Verified Member
From
S.E. PA.
One Pocket Ghost said:
You guys are showing too much speed...now you've lost your action with the Ghost....I'll need 9-7...:eek:

- Ghost

Darn it! ummmm my wife told me how to shoot that shot Ghost! :D

These match shot questions are a lot of fun! so far I'm just lucky in the guessing on how they will hit em.....I still need weight from everyone at the DCC.

really.

hey, come to think of it.....you just might be able to clock a players speed from the answers they give!

always an angle! :)

stljohnny

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
One Pocket Ghost said:

- Ghost

hahaha - 3 things:

1) - us 1P newbies soak up information and if you keep feeding us awesome shots, we'll keep on trying them.

2) *everything* looks good in a picture. I might even try that shot someday, but I'll never, on purpose, make that shot; at least probably never more than once. and ...

3) it's okay, cuz if i do make it, i'll dog the next easy shot, or any other simple bank. :/ (need to spend more time practicing the easy ones, but they're not nearly as much fun as the crazy ones).

stljohnny

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
Frank Almanza said:
stljohnny had this idea, but I like taking the q uptable.View attachment 1978

That's far more likely than my CB path... I didn't really pay too much attention to where the CB was originally, but it looks pretty close to the rail, so stunning it over would next to impossible. And it's probably not the ideal place for the CB if that crazy bank goes, so... I think I like your placement even better!

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
stljohnny said:
hahaha - 3 things:

1) - us 1P newbies soak up information and if you keep feeding us awesome shots, we'll keep on trying them.

2) *everything* looks good in a picture. I might even try that shot someday, but I'll never, on purpose, make that shot; at least probably never more than once. and ...

3) it's okay, cuz if i do make it, i'll dog the next easy shot, or any other simple bank. :/ (need to spend more time practicing the easy ones, but they're not nearly as much fun as the crazy ones).

Ok Johnny....you got me - you're a good salesman - you lay it down pretty good....the gullible, over-the-hill Ghost will try you some even-up...:)

- Ghost

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
This situation is an interesting one, which offers several options, but the placement of the 14 ball is crucial to choosing the correct shot. Even as little as 1/4 of an inch either too high or to the side with the 14 ball may change your prospective.

I see four viable shots that are, or could be correct. Lets not forget that Shannon needs both balls, which may persuade him to choose one shot over another, providing the angle offered is conducive to either choice. Also the games won imo isn't relevant when choosing a shot in this type of a situation. Which I will explain at a later time. But what is important is the ball count (score) when choosing your shot.

The following choices will be graded on a 1 to 5 star rating. 1 star being the worst.

The first of the four shots the 15 ball off the 14 ball, banking the 15 ball straight back, as shown in Frank Almanza's post #12. Needing two balls this shot offers the shooter a ligitimate shot at getting out, and also defends against the return shot on the 15 ball if missed. The hit on this shot is fairly easy, and is clearly a good choice. 4 1/2 STARS

Shot #2 is banking the 15 ball cross corner off the 14 ball. The Ghost's shot:eek: But in all fairness to The Ghost I think he was just throwing up a possibility, but not a good one in this situation. With this choice you have to worry about both the hit on the 15 ball and the cue ball, in terms of direction and speed. If you hit this shot well I believe that the 14 ball will end up somewhere near where the cue ball ended up on Frank Almanza"s shot in post#12 near the head rail. At least that's where it ended up the few times I shot the shot.If so the chances of getting both balls are lessened considerably with this choice. But if the shooter needed only 1 ball then this would be a much better option. Rating 2 1/2 STARS

Shot #3 is banking the 14 ball one cushion straight back. This shot carries a high degree of difficulty in terms of the hit, not a shot for weaker players but definitely an option for a good player. This shot if hit well carries good position for the 15 ball your out ball, and is worth considering if you like to gamble.:D
Rating 3 STARS

Shot #4 is a simple safety, for the more conservative players that like to move and enjoy themselves. Shooting the 15 ball into the 14 ball very much like shot #1 but elevate and hit it with a medium soft speed. All your trying to do is reposition both balls on your side of the table, finish the game pay your table time and then go home and drink some soup.:) Rating anywhere from 1 star to 5 stars

Waiting to hear from The Ghost;)

Billy I.

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
wincardona said:
This situation is an interesting one

Shot #2 is banking the 15 ball cross corner off the 14 ball. The Ghost's shot:eek:

Waiting to here from The Ghost;)

Billy I.

Billy....I forgot to add this proviso for those choosing to shoot the Ghost's shot: Only to be shot when playing for $15 a game or less...:D...

...The other 2 (more important) reasons that I posted that shot, was to scare Bernie :D and to send more mis-information to Papie and John H....;)

- Ghost

Last edited: