Looks like another MIH One Pocket is brewing.

azbombero

Maybe they should consider Scott Rahbon as a commentator. Knows the game and not prone to arguing and mumbling.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
I'm at least one guilty party. Pat and I talked about it in Tunica. Even though I love the 10'-er, my idea was that the matches would go a little faster and in about the same amount of time they could play race to 4, which would be worth more than the 10'-er to me.

Scott didn't like the 10' tables from what I've heard, which I agree with. I've shot on a 10' table, it's ok, but it's not something to write home about.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Scott didn't like the 10' tables from what I've heard, which I agree with. I've shot on a 10' table, it's ok, but it's not something to write home about.

There's a very nice old 10 ft-er in a small pool room in KC that I've played on quite a bit. I like it, but for watching the pros in serious competition, I'd lean toward the 9 ft.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Just had a long chat with Pat Fleming. He is planning on doing 2 MIH events a year. Committing to doing a one pocket event each year. There has been a lot of guys asking to be included in the lineup. Where else can you get air fare, hotel room, and rides picked up for you and get to play for the cash.
Pat says its still a financially tough deal as the profit comes down the road with DVD and foreign tv sales. But he wants to do it.
I hope you enthusiasts will support the one pocket event in June. If not for the $300 tag but there are some DVDs on the site that are on sale. Every bit helps. There is also going to be live streaming.
We talked about having a bank event. Pat wasn't sure there would be enough supporters to cough up the money for it. But was thinking of some way to have it since there is some interest.
He was pleasantly surprised that Billy won the Seniors event. He was so busy getting out the Derby and Us Open stuff that he didn't realize the event was going on. Billy of course will be commentating. Since Ken Shuman often takes up the 3rd spot on the roster and who openly says "One pocket is not my favorite game", I suggested he think of JJ sometime.
Hope you guys keep the first week of June on your calendar open.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Efren
Chohan
Frost
Alex
Corey
Bergman

I am sure you could substitute a few names in there for sure, but that would be a pretty good 6 imo ;)

keoneyo

Verified Member
Efren
Chohan
Frost
Alex
Corey
Bergman

I am sure you could substitute a few names in there for sure, but that would be a pretty good 6 imo ;)

Frost just doesn't flourish in this kind of format. I still stand by Shannon. Im an old schooler and just love his kind of play. Danny Smith of course must be included imo but there are many who are fans of SVB that could knock out any one in the voting.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
dang, how did I forget SVB, I would probably put him in the place of Frost or Bergman

It's just for fun, but we're nit-pickin'. We could probably pick a dozen guys and none of them would be much worse than 13-1. Smith, SVB, Jones, Daulton, Gray, Appleton, in addition to your first 6, and this next 6 is probably not the same as yours or other's. (Roberts, Gentile, Brown, Pinnegar, Compton, Sambajon, Strickland, are all capable of winning it... and the beat goes on.)

bobt64

Verified Member
From
Green Valley, AZ
I have supported almost all the MIH events with the except of the last 1P, don't beat me up too much my opinion of the game has changed totally from that time. Don't know if I can do this one because of some things I am going through concerning my wifes health. If nothing else I might do a couple of the PPV's. IMO the quality of the previous events have been top class.