My gambling match with Dennis Orcullo

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Yeah, totally ridiculous move. Rob stepped up to play and Dennis agreed. Sure makes Orcollo look like bad action.

Thanks for posting the link Matt

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Rob, thats an incredible story. Why did you let him out of the game? what happens next time youre in a match and your opponent does the same thing again? It feels like you set a bad precident. Keith

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
We all make bad games once in a while but we deal with it like adults and pay off when we lose.
DO needs to be renamed DOn't. And no one with any sense should play him a game of "Go Fish" until he pays off the full amount of the bet plus a "chicken shit" fee. Even then, that reputation needs be hung around his neck like an albatross for all to see.

I hope this video goes viral.

Tom

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
We all make bad games once in a while but we deal with it like adults and pay off when we lose.
DO needs to be renamed DOn't. And no one with any sense should play him a game of "Go Fish" until he pays off the full amount of the bet plus a "chicken shit" fee. Even then, that reputation needs be hung around his neck like an albatross for all to see.

I hope this video goes viral. Tom
It's already affected my view of Orcullo. I used to respect him as a top player-- from whom I might learn something. Now, I couldn't stand to watch him in his streamed match with Biado. He just seems scummy.

Of course since society has degenerated to the point where there are few standards or any personal responsibility, I suppose it's not too surprising that the private gambling scene features incidents such as these.

Doc

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
It's already affected my view of Orcullo. I used to respect him as a top player-- from whom I might learn something. Now, I couldn't stand to watch him in his streamed match with Biado. He just seems scummy.

Of course since society has degenerated to the point where there are few standards or any personal responsibility, I suppose it's not too surprising that the private gambling scene features incidents such as these.

Doc

Doc, unfortunately this lack of personal responsibility has permeated into every aspect of todays American society. We are all being taught that no mater what happens to us, it must be the fault of someone or something else. And the responsibility of fixing it belongs somewhere other than with me.

God grant me the old days when grown-ups had a backbone.

Tom

Toncam

Verified Member
Some people just like to see how far they can push the envelope. Im sure this wasnt the first time this Dennis pulled the move, im sure he got it on with someone else and he took a shot with Rob and im sure he will take another shot with someone else as in his mind he got away with something.

Now IF Rob would have cracked him one in the hallway, his perspective would have definetly been changed permanently. He would have realized that this move wasnt such a good idea in the first place, lol.

Now im not advocating violence, but it does seem to have a magical way of changing someones perspective of people and consequences for the future. :D

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
West Coast Challenge ten ball

West Coast Challenge ten ball

Dennis just got double dipped by Darren Appleton to lose the ten ball after winning the hot seat.

backplaying

Verified Member
Dennis just got double dipped by Darren Appleton to lose the ten ball after winning the hot seat.

Good, I was pulling for Darren all the way. Playing Rob, you could tell in the video that Dennis had already made his mind up to quit if he got out and tied up the match, which tells me its not likely the first time he has done it. In all my years of gambling, I have never tried to get out of a game where the money was put up. What's the purpose of putting up, if you can just quit if you see you don't like it. In almost every case I have lost, I looked at it as me making a bad game, or playing bad, but very seldom did I think I got trapped. Getting double stirred would be a good example of getting trapped. I personally thought it was a very chicken shi$$ move for anyone to make, especially a top money player.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Good, I was pulling for Darren all the way. Playing Rob, you could tell in the video that Dennis had already made his mind up to quit if he got out and tied up the match, which tells me its not likely the first time he has done it. In all my years of gambling, I have never tried to get out of a game where the money was put up. What's the purpose of putting up, if you can just quit if you see you don't like it. In almost every case I have lost, I looked at it as me making a bad game, or playing bad, but very seldom did I think I got trapped. Getting double stirred would be a good example of getting trapped. I personally thought it was a very chicken shi$$ move for anyone to make, especially a top money player.

I was rooting for Mike Davis(3rd). Those tight table took a toll on everyone, and any slight drop in concentration was costly. Dennis missed a few easy outs and it cost him in both playoff sets. Things also seemed to be rolling better for Daz too, but he did play better in a close match.

I agree about the move he put on Rob. I have gambled with quite a few of the Filipinos and never had a problem. Perhaps if I ever beat one.:D

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
I can't believe Rob would do this to Dennis. It just strikes me as wrong.

I hope Rob wouldn't do me like this.

I thought he was a nice guy.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Steve, I'm confused.:confused: Did you mean to say-- what Dennis did to Rob? Or maybe you were joking. Otherwise, I'm missing something. It was Dennis who pulled the punk move on Rob by backing out of a posted bet halfway through their match after realizing that he'd made a bad game.

Doc

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Steve, I'm confused.:confused: Did you mean to say-- what Dennis did to Rob? Or maybe you were joking. Otherwise, I'm missing something. It was Dennis who pulled the punk move on Rob by backing out of a posted bet halfway through their match after realizing that he'd made a bad game.

Doc

I think he was saying it is not cool to post this info :confused: I could have misinterpreted.

Myself, there is no doubt it is justified to post some info like this about a moron who thinks he can back out the one time he gets in a bad game. I mean, orcollo came my way, tons of players willing to get in bad games with him for c-notes, and rightfully so... more power to him. But then the guy makes a bad game one time, and wants to unscrew and call it even with money on the light. This is little girl territory imo and it needs to be posted and known. What a whiny little bitch. The guy does nothing but win, and he loses a little and the first thing he does is break down and cry. It is totally pitiful imo. I wish rob had a video of him whining in the hall and posted that too.

SJDinPHX

Suspended

Doc

Doc,

I'm pretty sure Lomako was just being facetious..He is not THAT dumb..(I could be wrong though) :eek:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Doc,

I'm pretty sure Lomako was just being facetious..He is not THAT dumb..(I could be wrong though) :eek:

Yeah, that was how I was inclined to interpret it too. Yet my first thought was that he just got the names backwards in his head. Oh well, we're making too much of this.:rolleyes:

Anyway, I've learned over the years on this and other forums that I have to exaggerate the meaning of what I'm trying to impart-- just so people understand what I'm saying. The use of "smilies" is a godsend in that regard. We're all so used to communicating using live speech (along with facial and hand gestures) that it takes awhile to understand that the plain written word often doesn't communicate the same meaning as we expected.

Doc

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Yeah, that was how I was inclined to interpret it too. Yet my first thought was that he just got the names backwards in his head. Oh well, we're making too much of this.:rolleyes:

Anyway, I've learned over the years on this and other forums that I have to exaggerate the meaning of what I'm trying to impart-- just so people understand what I'm saying. The use of "smilies" is a godsend in that regard. We're all so used to communicating using live speech (along with facial and hand gestures) that it takes awhile to understand that the plain written word often doesn't communicate the same meaning as we expected.

Doc

Doc; Face to face or behind a keyboard, we ALL know when someone is trying to belittle and insult someone! Around here the smiley faces are just camouflage, to distract the REAL message! JMO. :)

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
I can't believe Rob would do this to Dennis. It just strikes me as wrong.

I hope Rob wouldn't do me like this.

I thought he was a nice guy.

Doc

Doc,

Doc

I know what I wrote and I'm not confused on who is who or who did what.

Like I said, I'm shocked Rob would do something like that.

An apology from him would go a long way.