efren/cannon

John Brumback

Verified Member
I'm bankin the one straight back and drawing back down table and tryin to runout.But that's just me.JB

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I liked clearing the pocket, however I expected a better cue ball then the one that Reyes delivered. It looked to me that the angle with the 10ball was a little awkward, meaning that controlling the cue ball and getting the action off the balls that was needed just wasn't available. From the way the balls were struck I still believe that he could of played the cue ball close to the 7ball, but maybe not. I do believe he tried to play the cue ball short of the side pocket, and then go between the 1 and 13balls and ending up near the side rail.

But in defense of Reyes, at times you have to be at the table to really feel what's available, and what's not.

Dr. Bill

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I liked clearing the pocket, however I expected a better cue ball then the one that Reyes delivered. It looked to me that the angle with the 10ball was a little awkward, meaning that controlling the cue ball and getting the action off the balls that was needed just wasn't available. From the way the balls were struck I still believe that he could of played the cue ball close to the 7ball, but maybe not. I do believe he tried to play the cue ball short of the side pocket, and then go between the 1 and 13balls and ending up near the side rail.But in defense of Reyes, at times you have to be at the table to really feel what's available, and what's not.

Dr. Bill

billi you are probably right
efren was not the usual efren in this game with regards to precise execution

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
If Efrin would have missed that top striped ball it would have ended up pretty sweet behind the stack.

blindlemon

Verified Member
In reply to lll I would shoot the 1 ball as I described because by leaving the 1 ball near my pocket and doubling him up my opponnet cant get aggressive, { at least I dont see anything } and it forces him to deal with the 1. The shot is easy to execute, not complicated and somewhat productive albeit only for a short time. While I see at least 3 returns I still think I'm going to be in a better position to do something good in the next inning. I dont like shooting willynllly shots where I dont know the outcome. I like the 10 ball shot suggested for someone like Effren but your control has to be spot on.

I'm surprised Effren shot what he did, that shot had so many ways to go sideways. But then it is Effren, very unpridictable and yet very effective. He sees things most people dont see primarily because he has a high degree of confidence in his control of the cue ball, proven confidence. I thought that perhaps he would shoot the 10 ball or bank the 1 straight back and go for the out. he's hard to predict.

JohnG

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
If I may butt in: I'd guess that John's % on the 1-ball straight-back to be between 60-75; maybe even higher on those dry, slidey, slippery-pocketed TV tables. If he draws the CB for shape, as he said, there might be slightly less make percentage.

John, how far off am I?

Doc

tylerdurden

Verified Member
If I may butt in: I'd guess that John's % on the 1-ball straight-back to be between 60-75; maybe even higher on those dry, slidey, slippery-pocketed TV tables. If he draws the CB for shape, as he said, there might be slightly less make percentage.

John, how far off am I?

Doc

It is amazing how much that changes things. If I am at ~70% make there I am going for sure as well.

John Brumback

Verified Member

John, how far off am I?

Doc

I think your close,doc. On this shot..I don't think the draw lowers the % any..If I Ithink it's 60 or 70,I'm goin:lol JB