put that in your pipe and smoke it

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
I've got pocket A and need 1 when Newfosgatesuck uncorks this one on me.[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2CEGS3FAWI4PKja2Qcxr4aAnO3aAnH3aano1adGo1acxo1acho1acxx4kKja4kKSa4kCCa3kAvq2kLYg@[/CUETABLE]

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
blackeee said:
I've got pocket A and need 1 when Newfosgatesuck uncorks this one on me.[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2CEGS3FAWI4PKja2Qcxr4aAnO3aAnH3aano1adGo1acxo1acho1acxx4kKja4kKSa4kCCa3kAvq2kLYg@[/CUETABLE]

Good shot by newfos.

- Ghost

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
This illustrates one of those banks that are not so obvious, and are often overlooked for that reason -- yet they offer serious potential in the right situations. I don't think I would have seen this one coming either....

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Blackee...

Blackee...

I was hoping you wouldn't remember that.. Everytime I make a shot on you, (which is only twice to date!) You treat me with this special 'Respect' you call it.

If you don't promise to give me some better shots next time, Ill post that "Kiss-combo-billiard-kissoff" break reply you shot on me COMPLETE with the out that followed it...

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
This shot looks very familiar..... I believe a guy that was practicing around on the table with Cliff Joyner, for the very first match being broadcast at Tulsa One Pocket tourney.... they were shooting this very shot. They must have shot it about 15 times.

They were shooting it with a ton a draw or something and hard. I saw it made several times, with most of the time the cueball going uptable as diagrammed. How is the cueball hit anyways??? with center draw? left draw??

Isn't that weird?

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Cloth and angle detemines how much speed and draw. To control the speed of The cueball relative to the speed of the object ball, I hit the ball fuller and threw it to the right with a touch of left. At least that way if it doesn't fall he's on the foot rail...

CaliRed said:
This shot looks very familiar..... I believe a guy that was practicing around on the table with Cliff Joyner, for the very first match being broadcast at Tulsa One Pocket tourney.... they were shooting this very shot. They must have shot it about 15 times.

They were shooting it with a ton a draw or something and hard. I saw it made several times, with most of the time the cueball going uptable as diagrammed. How is the cueball hit anyways??? with center draw? left draw??

Isn't that weird?

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I posted this shot in april of last year but it was not well recieved. SJD and GHOSTY liked it. The thread ran wild with the experts saying it was the wrong shot. I was just trying to show the same shot that NEWFOS played.
Rod.

Attachments

• draw.jpg
    draw.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 0
  • bank.jpg
    bank.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

u12armresl

Verified Member
Cliff was shooting this shot offering the other guy from Florida the shot saying Cliff needed 4 and the other guy needed 2. However the way cliff was shooting it, there was a hanger in the opponents pocket and Cliff made that ball every try and by making that ball it slowed down the CB for position on his next ball.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
androd said:
I posted this shot in april of last year but it was not well recieved. SJD and GHOSTY liked it. The thread ran wild with the experts saying it was the wrong shot.
Rod.

Rod, Ghost, and Papie liked it - nuff said....:cool:

- Ghost

PS, This was back in the day, when Papie used to give his actual opinion rather then just joking, or automatically stating the opposite opinion, either out of sheer orneriness, or the need to be funny, rather then informative....;)

PPS, And Larry also scolded Papie about this last week - in a little post that probably hardly anyone noticed.

PPPS, Papie should try and be more like the Ghost...:eek:...at least I mix in actual One Pocket opinions, shots, and info, and the complimenting of other forum members shots, with all of my joking around....:)

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
Rod, Ghost, and Papie liked it - nuff said..

- Ghost

PS, This was back in the day, when Papie used to give his actual opinion rather then just joking, or automatically stating the opposite opinion, either out of sheer orneriness, or the need to be funny, rather then informative..

PPS, And Larry also scolded Papie about this last week - in a little post that probably hardly anyone noticed.

PPPS, Papie should try and be more like the Ghost...:eek:...at least I mix in actual One Pocket opinions, shots, and info, and the complimenting of other forum members shots, with all of my joking around....:)

Thank you for pointing out my obvious shortcomings Ghrosty.

I have pretty much zeroed in on the comedy aspect in my posts...due to the fact that I just cannot seem to get too excited over the WEI table offerings.

I actually prefer scribbling on cocktail napkins, to describe how I got s**t out on, during my last match, or on rare occasions, some fantastic shot I may have made.

The WEI input seems to always involve.."Oh...I meant for this ball to be over here", or my other favorite.."Even though it looks like the ball will go, I meant for it NOT to have room."

Also, (and the main reason is) with all the help I have recieved...I do not have the patience to master the WEI table. To me, it is just like "practicing" (except no one ever misses)...which I have always ranked right up there with having a root canal.

I also find that WEI table opinions, are very much like the old addage...."Every old crow, thinks theirs is the blackest"

Besides...now that I are a perfeshunal picture poster...its just more fun..:D

Why would I want to argue a shot choice, with these two mental giants ???.:rolleyes: (although the one on the right is EASIER to get your point across).:eek:

View attachment 731 View attachment 732

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
Besides...now that I are a perfeshunal picture poster...its just more fun..:D

One of my greatest regrets was you learning how to post a pic. If I ever find out who taught you I think I'll make him play 14.1 for a week. You're close on my snowblower too.

Going to the poolroom in an hour, I'm sure to post a layout when I get back. I sure hope I put all the balls in the right place:) .
51EJvQEh0bL__SL500_AA280_.jpg

senor

Verified Member
CaliRed said:

Isn't that weird?

Hard is not the right word, firm stroke maybe. Just address the cue ball with low english and you should be off to the races.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
One Pocket Ghost said:
.at least I mix in actual One Pocket opinions, shots, and info, and the complimenting of other forum members shots, with all of my joking around....:)
i dont know ghost you posting of the nudist colony and calling ME out one of your supporters did not go far in winning you more support:p

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
androd said:
I posted this shot in april of last year but it was not well recieved. SJD and GHOSTY liked it. The thread ran wild with the experts saying it was the wrong shot. I was just trying to show the same shot that NEWFOS played.
Rod.

I remembered your post when he shot the shot.

senor

Verified Member
androd said:
Rod.

We're a fickle bunch, Rod.

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
They know to praise my shot to keep me shootin. They ridiculed yours because it threatened them..