Got to come up with something...

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
One Pocket Ghost said:
Rod....... Of course I know you mean to f-follow and not cut the 3 much - but even doing that, imo, as the wei-table layout looks to me, no way are you not going to hit the 4ball.

- Ghost
I'll bow to your superior Wei knowledge Ghost and look for something else to shoot.
Rod.:eek: :)

beatle

Verified Member
you are losing five zip and dont want to be playing any safes here that might end up turning this game up table.
if you can make the 8 off the 2 then so be it if you can get position.

but ace is right here. shoot the 9 and come down with the cue ball. if you get too short you have two combos that go into your pocket. this is a real life chance to win this game shooting the nine and it isnt a hard bank.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
As long as the rock shoots the gap without hitting the 4 ball(difficult to tell on the WEI) I like this shot. I slightly modified Rod's layout here. Offense and defense on the same shot is always good. I believe the cueball will go "through" the 3 ball rather than carom off of it. All you have to play here is the cueball, the 3 takes care of itself.
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AYdx4BElV3CCYA4DBCb3EUmI3FDpQ4GDXn4HIdo1IOpk3JLqL3KVeK3LSDM3MOsN3NFIQ3OIXM4PRBG4Qdvt3WCYA3WarQ3WAlo4WSSH4WUfO4kRBG4kALx3kSSk3kbBl3kYFO@[/CUETABLE]

RBLextrordinaire,

I'm glad to see, my hours of trying to teach you one pocket, (over the phone)...have finally paid off. That is the perfect shot selection in that spot.
Even Quad could do it, if he saw it. There is NO other shot as potentially effective, and devastating to your opponent.
Unless, of course, somebody screws with the WEI layout. (which has happened quite often).:rolleyes: It is naturally the FIRST shot I saw, but I rarely get into these frustrating WEI things.

I am swollen with pride !!!:D :D :D

Sand Hound/Duck/Papie, etc.

PS..I challenge anyone from Chicago, to find a better shot. (this includes AB, Ghost's cat, or the Beard.:eek:) and of course, all the suicidal guy's who want to bank the 9 ball, or billiard the 8.

PPSS..Kudos to Rod, and KOUD for also spotting "the right shot".

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
RBLextrordinaire,

I'm glad to see, my hours of trying to teach you one pocket, (over the phone)...have finally paid off. That is the perfect shot selection in that spot. There is NO other shot as potentially effective, and devastating to your opponent.
I am swollen with pride !!!:D :D :D

Sand Hound/Duck/Papie, etc.

O.K., you finally talked me into it, you can borrow the c-note:) . Check is in the mail.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
IF, the cueball can get through without touching the 4ball, THEN, I also like this shot choice....:)

- Ghrosty

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AYdx4BElV3CCYA4DBCb3EUmI3FDpQ4GDXn4HIdo1IOpk3JLqL3KVeK3LSDM3MOsN3NFIQ3OIXM4PRBG4Qdvt3WCYA3WcOQ4WAlm4WEFe4WUfO4kRBG3kBJx3kNMt3kbyK@[/CUETABLE]

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
One Pocket Ghost said:
IF, the cueball can get through without touching the 4ball, THEN, I also like this shot choice....:)

- Ghrosty

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AYdx4BElV3CCYA4DBCb3EUmI3FDpQ4GDXn4HIdo1IOpk3JLqL3KVeK3LSDM3MOsN3NFIQ3OIXM4PRBG4Qdvt3WCYA3WcOQ4WAlm4WEFe4WUfO4kRBG3kBJx3kNMt3kbyK@[/CUETABLE]

The split shot is the shot. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Let me elaborate. I'm playing someone whose speed I know but they don't mine. We'll also assume it's the first game. If I shot the splitter and make it it might make him a little nervous. I might miss it,get lucky and get safe. That might make him a little hot. I might miss it and leave him a shot to get out or get several balls. He may think I'm an idiot for shooting it and play me a little looser than usual for a few games which might get him broke.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Verified Member
KindlyOleUncleDave said:
Bank the 3. Float up to huggle with the 1 and the rail.

Good call here. I'd bank the three into the four and try to move ball(s) toward my hole. You can hide the cue ball effectively using the one and five ball.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Two Way Split On Four Ball

Two Way Split On Four Ball

One Pocket Ghost said:

- Ghrosty

This shot should play out well regardless if the four is struck after contacting the three. If you notice the four and the cue ball can both be controlled with some type of accuracy, resulting in a favorable position for player A.:D

David

Verified Member
From
South Carolina
How many does he need? If he needed one and I needed all of them I would bank the nine and draw the rock behind the stack and run out. Wow I must be half asleep.:D

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
David said:
How many does he need? If he needed one and I needed all of them I would bank the nine and draw the rock behind the stack and run out. Wow I must be half asleep.:D

If he needed one and you needed them all, you'd be playing him 10,11,12 or13 to seven. If you played that well you might be able to draw back and run out as you said. :) ;) :rolleyes:
Rod.

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
David said:

What percentage do you make this bank David?
Even if you are 50/50 on the shot it probably isn't worth it.
It rattles you lose. :(
(You need 8 your opponent needs 3)

Unless theres a better place you can get your rock to when shooting the bank???

Most of the other shots being discussed in this thread are very high percentage to leave a difficult reply for the opponent.

Dudley

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AYdx4BElV3CCYA4DBCb3EUmI3FDpQ4GDXn4HIdo1IOpk3JLqL3KVeK3LSDM3MOsN3NFIQ3OIXM4PRBG4Qdvt1dOpk1dRUk4dbSL4daMm4dcYd4dbjf4kRBG1kOQW5kKQe5kEEV3kSMczc@[/CUETABLE]

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Dudley said:
What percentage do you make this bank David?
Even if you are 50/50 on the shot it probably isn't worth it.
It rattles you lose. :(
(You need 8 your opponent needs 3)

Unless theres a better place you can get your rock to when shooting the bank???

Most of the other shots being discussed in this thread are very high percentage to leave a difficult reply for the opponent.

Dudle

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AYdx4BElV3CCYA4DBCb3EUmI3FDpQ4GDXn4HIdo1IOpk3JLqL3KVeK3LSDM3MOsN3NFIQ3OIXM4PRBG4Qdvt1dOpk1dRUk4dbSL4daMm4dcYd4dbjf4kRBG1kOQW5kKQe5kEEV3kSMczc@[/CUETABLE]
good point dudley

David

Verified Member
From
South Carolina
Having a little fun...

Having a little fun...

Honestly I was just having fun. I play alot with some older guys and at times I shoot at stuff like this just to get them going. For a dollar I am Chicago tight I don't shoot at anything that not 85%-90% or better. For fun or cheap I feel like shooting a crazy stuff teaches me different shots and my own limitations.

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
David said:
Honestly I was just having fun. I play alot with some older guys and at times I shoot at stuff like this just to get them going. For a dollar I am Chicago tight I don't shoot at anything that not 85%-90% or better. For fun or cheap I feel like shooting a crazy stuff teaches me different shots and my own limitations.

fair nuff.....

Do you have an 85-90 percent from this spot??

I personally am leaning towards playing off the 3 then caroming of the 4 to hook behind the 1 and 5....

Dud

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AYdx4BElU3CCYA4DBCb3EUmI3FDpQ4GDXn4HIdo1IOpk3JLqL3KVeK3LSDM3MOsN3NFIQ3OIXM4PQkI4Qdvt4VElU4VFKS3WCYA3Waqa4WbWUzc4XBCb4XCxh4XGRFzc4kQkI4kAEE3kBKR3kOjj3kYFMzc@[/CUETABLE]

David

Verified Member
From
South Carolina
Tuff spot. I have a hard time seeing if the cue goes by the 4 if you miss hit it a little you leave an easy bank with a super tight safe. What about banking the 3 into the right side of the 1 sending the 1 and 5 toward your pocket and the 3 down table, shoot it with force follow to leave the cue on the rail. I would love to show this on the WEI table but I have not had a chance to fiqure that one out. I am sure that this will get me another circus poster.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
David said:
if for a dollar you are chicago tight whats cheap???:eek: :D :rolleyes:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
David said:
10-20 game.

David,

No more clown's for you...With your delicate feeler's, I can see you are in need of a "Suicide Hotline" number...Although, the last time I called them,... they put me on hold, and never returned..:eek:

David

Verified Member
From
South Carolina
The suicide hotline is right on the money SJD. You sure have a lot of friends on here I was attacked from people all over the country. A lady from florida I think has the hots for you, she was really angry.:D Like I said before I was just ribbing back. From reading your post on here you seem like a nice enough guy, I go to L.A. once in a while maybe we can get together and play some.