bar table break

desi2960

been retired for the 3rd time for 10 months, BORED. going to open a beer-wine 2 table place in a building i own. not room for a big tables , so. can someone explain the correct one pocket break on a bar box when playing with only 9 balls ?

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
been retired for the 3rd time for 10 months, BORED. going to open a beer-wine 2 table place in a building i own. not room for a big tables , so. can someone explain the correct one pocket break on a bar box when playing with only 9 balls ?

I suspect this is a relatively unexplored area. You could probably answer your own question with a little experimentation and end up knowing more about it than anybody.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
isnt this the break for 9 ball one pocket??
2 rails hit the back ball/caroms into your pocket
9 ball onepocket break.jpg

desi2960

thank you

thank you

That's the diagram I was looking for, I owe you a beer.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

Chuck....imo, the configuration of 9balls racked, is too awkward for a One Pocket break...if I were in your place, this is what I would do...

To have a rack of balls that would break more like a traditional One Pocket break (as I think they should) - I would rack up 10 balls, the same way that the balls are racked playing 10ball...with the 10 balls on the table, you could still play that the first person to pocket 5 balls wins - or you could play that you have to make 6 balls to win, and at the point (if it happens) that the score reaches 5 to 5, you spot up an 11th ball, with the current shooter continuing to shoot at the spotted ball.

- Ghost

John Brumback

Verified Member
I play it quite a bit. I break them the same as I do full rack. ( split the first two balls with high inside)

Good fast game too!! JB

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Does the wing ball head toward your hole John?

Why not play the standard 9-ball break to make the wing ball? So you break from the same side that you shoot. I'd want to know the table pretty damn well, because breaking dry would hurt a lot. But with practice, you might be able to shoot that breakshot with follow to get the cue ball to a safer place.

If the table is one where the wing ball is basically wired, you might have to change the rules so that a ball made on the break is a re-break. Some people play regular 1P that way, anyway.