I never get a roll! :rolleyes: I hit the break really bad, end up like this:

It's your shot, WWYD?

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I never get a roll! :rolleyes: I hit the break really bad, end up like this:

It's your shot, WWYD?

Whose bright idea was it to change the color of the balls!!! That pale green ball is the 7 ball? I imagine this really f---s with the minds of the rotation players!!!
Can't say I like it much either, in fact, I find myself trying to figure out which ball is what and not about the correct shot, kinda makes my feeble brain spin and really pisses me off! Kinda like when they changed the colors of the suits in a deck of playing cards, STOOPID, in a Maurician coined word. Are there no traditionalists left in the world, no one who will leave well enough ALONE????

Sorry for the hi-jack, but these balls make me mad for some reason:frus:heh:frus

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Whose bright idea was it to change the color of the balls!!! That pale green ball is the 7 ball? I imagine this really f---s with the minds of the rotation players!!!
Can't say I like it much either, in fact, I find myself trying to figure out which ball is what and not about the correct shot, kinda makes my feeble brain spin and really pisses me off! Kinda like when they changed the colors of the suits in a deck of playing cards, STOOPID, in a Maurician coined word. Are there no traditionalists left in the world, no one who will leave well enough ALONE????

Sorry for the hi-jack, but these balls make me mad for some reason:frus:heh:frus

I agree -- and I don't know if you have tried doing commentary with some of the new ball colors, but I can tell you for me it was a bit of a struggle to know what to even call some of the colors, lol.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
If that is long-running newish cloth, the 4-rail kick looks like it would need special juice (straight bottom??) to come up high enough to clear the 13-14, and also, if you don't get right behind them, don't you leave some kind of bank on the 5 or 9?

If I could see the right side of the 5-ball I would rather use that to get behind the 13-14 than the 7-ball, because I like the direction the 7-ball is aiming where it sits -- as well as the direction the 10-2 are facing, and going off the 7 could disturb both of those :D

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
oh my how I hate those new colors as well....

I like Jeff's shot here of coming off the "turquoise" ball with some rhe and getting behind the 2 stripes. You have to block the bank on the 9 or you are really in trouble. This is also why I don't kick 3 or 4 rails (sorry John had to finally pick a different out than you did!:))

GoldCrown

Verified Member
Are there no traditionalists left in the world, no one who will leave well enough ALONE????

HiJack continued. There is nothing like set a Centennials. NOTHING. And there is nothing worse than playing 9 ball with Skittles....especially with my eyes.

Back to the WWYD.... I'd go with "I like Jeff's shot here of coming off the "turquoise" ball with some rhe and getting behind the 2 stripes"

TomRoden

Verified Member
I'm with lll

I'm with lll

lll has my reply to this break. The opening player missed the front ball, nearly scratched and came out smelling like a rose.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
lll has my reply to this break. The opening player missed the front ball, nearly scratched and came out smelling like a rose.

thanks for the support..:D...great minds think alike......:heh......:heh
the reason i like coming off the 5 instead of the turquoise ball is by hitting the turquoise you have to open up some balls for him
coming off the 5 you move some balls to your side
alot of times the shot off the turquoise is the only escape and is the answer
but if you can see the 5 not this time for me
jmho
icbw

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX

I felt the same way when I first saw them. However, after playing with them for a while I really like the way they roll. They are good performing balls, just yucky colors. After a while though, I got used to the colors. They are the same weight as centennials but have more phenolic content (85% compared to 45%) so the are harder, roll better/faster/smoother as they have less friction and they throw better too.

What bothers me is people who have never played with them and knock them based solely on the color scheme. BTW, Cyclop now has the same balls in a traditional color set. The skittles scheme was an attempt to differentiate their brand.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
100% depends on how corner hooked this is, can you see the 5? If so, can you see all of it? Coming off the 7 is my shot if the 5 isn't available, like others have said.

youngstown

Verified Member
Answer this break

I felt the same way when I first saw them. However, after playing with them for a while I really like the way they roll. They are good performing balls, just yucky colors. After a while though, I got used to the colors. They are the same weight as centennials but have more phenolic content (85% compared to 45%) so the are harder, roll better/faster/smoother as they have less friction and they throw better too.

What bothers me is people who have never played with them and knock them based solely on the color scheme. BTW, Cyclop now has the same balls in a traditional color set. The skittles scheme was an attempt to differentiate their brand.
What do you mean they throw better? Do they throw more or less?

Well, that's, like, you're opinion, man.

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
What do you mean they throw better? Do they throw more or less?

Well, that's, like, you're opinion, man.

Agreed, that "better" is a subjective term. I thought about that after I posted.

It has been documented that they exhibit more throw, that is, collision induced english (CEI) is accentuated...In other words, easier to throw the ball.

My own opinion (not necessarily yours or others) is that I like it, hence, better for me. If you don't like to throw the ball, then your opinion would be adverse to this.