Question for Freddy and/or Grady

MisterBanker

Verified Member
How much does humidity effect the transfer of English from the cueball to the object ball? The past couple of weeks it has been quite humid in the poolroom (cinder block building) that I play at and the "English bank" hasn't been working for me at all. The bed cloth doesn't seem all that damp but the rails have been screwy.

I can make it shooting below center but at a much lower percentage than I can shooting with English.
________
MICHIGAN MEDICAL MARIJUANA

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Not a simple answer

Not a simple answer

MisterBanker said:
How much does humidity effect the transfer of English from the cueball to the object ball? The past couple of weeks it has been quite humid in the poolroom (cinder block building) that I play at and the "English bank" hasn't been working for me at all. The bed cloth doesn't seem all that damp but the rails have been screwy.

I can make it shooting below center but at a much lower percentage than I can shooting with English.

I cant answer in a sentence or a paragraph, it's very complicated. I devoted a whole chapter in my book Banking With The Beard to humidity on the balls, the cushions and the cloth. Suffice to say you must make adjustments.

the Beard