Senior Classic updated flyer

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Here is the most recent update thanks to RedCard. Still need pics from Allan Canin, Reggie Barksdale, William Stephens, Phil Martin

Text to 530-391-8316 or email to jrhendy39@yahoo.com

Thanks

Attachments

• BogiesUpdate4.jpg
    BogiesUpdate4.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Very nice. Great work, Red Card. You can't beat a broad tosser, can you. Is that Bill Stephens that has a pool room in Va? If it is, he plays good one pocket. Ya'll in trouble...

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Here is the most recent update thanks to RedCard. Still need pics from Allan Canin, Reggie Barksdale, William Stephens, Phil Martin & Jerry Matchin

Text to 530-391-8316 or email to jrhendy39@yahoo.com

Thanks

John/Chuck

Please correct the players auction date, should read April 14th
Otherwise it looks great. Thanks to the both of you for doing this for Bogies and the players.

RedCard

Verified Member
John/Chuck

Please correct the players auction date, should read April 14th
Otherwise it looks great. Thanks to the both of you for doing this for Bogies and the players.

Jeff,
I'd have almost thought I would have caught that after correcting those other dates yesterday. It's fixed and I added that better picture of Wayne Pullen that Steve put up today. Thanks.

Jimmy,
I appreciate your comments. It is indeed tough to locate the red one. In fact impossible.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Conrad Burkman

Conrad Burkman

He just passed away, was part of many of our lives here. He also, had difficulty getting pool players pictures :D back before cell phones. Nice job.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Jeff,
I'd have almost thought I would have caught that after correcting those other dates yesterday. It's fixed and I added that better picture of Wayne Pullen that Steve put up today. Thanks.

Jimmy,
I appreciate your comments. It is indeed tough to locate the red one. In fact impossible.

It appears the same on this thread, what thread is the updated version posted?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
the pics for the players who haventt sent in pics yet looks like
hubert cokes/?/einstein or mark twain??/willie hoppe
who is the pic for willliam stevens and jerry matchin?

RedCard

Verified Member

That is Twain. I think Stephens is Willie Hoppe and Phil Martin is Ralph Greenleaf, although they look the same to me. Both look like either Eddie Munster or some generic vampire. Jerry Matchin's real picture is in the most recent version.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
That is Twain. I think Stephens is Willie Hoppe and Phil Martin is Ralph Greenleaf, although they look the same to me. Both look like either Eddie Munster or some generic vampire. Jerry Matchin's real picture is in the most recent version.

My goodness Larry, a poolster like you should recognize Mosconi. :)

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Story about Mosconi

Story about Mosconi

Squirrel told me a story about Willie a while back, thought I'd pass it along.

His backer sent him to Willie's pool hall, in NY city I think he said, to see if he could get Mosconi to play some 1P. Of course Willie refused to play 1P whenever asked, but Marshall figured he'd try anyway.

Marshall usually always watched a guy play first, just to get an idea of how strong he played. He watched Mosconi play 9-ball against some guy for about 12 hours, and in that entire time, Willie only missed 4 shots. Played near perfect, game after game, hour after hour. So he thought to himself, how the hell am I gonna beat this guy? He never misses. He called his backer and told him, are you sure you want me to play this guy? Backer tells him, yeah, but he doesn't know 1P, just don't ever give him a shot!

But in the end Willie refused to play and when others in Willie's pool hall started trying to chide Willie into playing, he got pissed off and kicked Marshall out and banned him. Willie had a temper on him.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I don't see any Willie Hoppe picture. Martin's picture is Ralph Greenleaf. Not sure about Stephens'. It's perhaps a young Mosconi.

~Doc

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas

Allan Canin is Eddie Taylor I believe, on his right is Willie Hoppe I think and up top is Daddy Warbucks?

RedCard

Verified Member
I don't see any Willie Hoppe picture. Martin's picture is Ralph Greenleaf. Not sure about Stephens'. It's perhaps a young Mosconi.

~Doc

You are right. Stephens is Willie Mosconi.

I knew that too. I was in a hurry to, believe it or not, get to my chiropractor by 12:15 today. I got a little rushed and somehow Hoppe took over.

My chiropractor's partner has a sister who is probably 19-20 years old and very pretty. She has recently started working there and one of her duties is to run one of those heavy duty massagers over my back for 5 minutes or so. I didn't want to be late and piss him off to the point he'd start doing it again, or worse yet break my neck.

RedCard

Verified Member
Allan Canin is Eddie Taylor I believe, on his right is Willie Hoppe I think and up top is Daddy Warbucks?

Allan Canin is Eddie Taylor. The one I misrepresented as Hoppe is Mosconi (at least that's what it said where I got the picture, there is still a slight chance it's Eddie Munster), and that is indeed Hubert Cokes in the Reggie Barksdale spot. The Phil Martin placeholder is Ralph Greenleaf.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Allan Canin is Eddie Taylor. The one I misrepresented as Hoppe is Mosconi (at least that's what it said where I got the picture, there is still a slight chance it's Eddie Munster), and that is indeed Hubert Cokes in the Reggie Barksdale spot. The Phil Martin placeholder is Ralph Greenleaf.

i was aware hoppe played with a sidearm stroke but didnt know greenleaf did too
here are pics of greenleaf and hoppe
greanleaf on top

greenleaf.jpg

hoppe.jpg