Derby City Classic challenge thread

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
It's confusing to have two of these DCC challenge threads...and it doesn't have to be in the members only section - never has been every other year...that said...

If I do make it to the DCC:

I'll take 9-7 and the breaks from Ghost. Consider yourselves challenged.

I'll take 10-6 and the first break from Hacker. Consider yourself challenged.

Cory

Cory...your mathematics-handicapping is deranged..:cool:..you're asking me to spot you the same thing as Rob, since 9-7 and the breaks and 10-6 are essentially the same game...:rolleyes:...

Do any 2 people on here want to match up and play partners against Dr. Billy and myself at derby?

Rob...you are invited into the rotating partners game - you're team each game would just have to give up a little weight to the other team...also...

I'll play as my own partner against you and Billy with 9-7 and the breaks
...:)

- Ghost

Cory in dc

Verified Member
It's confusing to have two of these DCC challenge threads...and it doesn't have to be in the members only section - never has been every other year...that said...

Cory...your mathematics-handicapping is deranged..:cool:..you're asking me to spot you the same thing as Rob, since 9-7 and the breaks and 10-6 are essentially the same game...:rolleyes:...

Rob...you are invited into the rotating partners game - you're team each game would just have to give up a little weight to the other team...also...

I'll play as my own partner against you and Billy with 9-7 and the breaks
...:)

- Ghost

I think my math is fully ranged, not deranged. The break is less of an edge than you suspect, because you surely have a big edge at escaping my break (in those rare cases where an escape is needed). And the break spot only matters every other game, so you're overcounting. But I'll just take 10-7, if that's better.

firemankc

Verified Member
Derby City Classic.

Derby City Classic.

As the Ghost says "I can't move a lick" but may go to DCC with the New Orleans Crew.

Just wondering what kind of games are there for me at DCC.

I fire at my hole and will take any spots that make the game fair.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
As the Ghost says "I can't move a lick" but may go to DCC with the New Orleans Crew.

You know you ain't gettin' more than 9-7 from me, pal. (10 on top for 20 bucks :D... should take about 12 games if I'm in stroke.) :p

Don't worry Casey, I'll get you some games...

There's a guy named Jesse from Iowa that plays almost as good as you, and some little old Mexican guy-- at least he looks Mexican to me -- named Parsica or somethin' like that. I'll hook you up. :heh

P.S. I really hope you do come. I enjoyed your company in Houston... you aren't near as bad as everybody says. :D

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Trying to go from 9-7 and the breaks, to 10-7, to 10-8, in small steps. That is "slippery." Fortunately, your signature carries a good safety warning.

Cory my bro...you're still posting with those crack pipe fumes swirling around you..:heh...cuz you see, since I never was in fantasyland and giddily offering you "9-7 and the breaks", how could I possibly "go" anywhere from there "in small steps"..:rolleyes:...

Nope..I've been chilling here in realityland all along - which is where our 10-8 game also exists...:)

- Ghost

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Trying to go from 9-7 and the breaks, to 10-7, to 10-8, in small steps. That is "slippery." Fortunately, your signature carries a good safety warning.

Corey, you blow a few games to me 9/7 and the break and ghost will have to give you the same game and you got him where you want him.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Derby

Derby

I will play any one pocket.org member who wants to play... I will play anything from 10 to 100 a game...as long as it isn't too far out of line...
Yes Rob that includes you, however I really don't know how much I need as far as weight...

Ghost I think we need to reevaluate the spot you gave me last year... perhaps 10 to 6 would work...

Gentleman John H. agreed to be my partner for a partners matchup... any takers?

SCRZBILL, I have 9 to 7 for life from you...any time you feel ready to play we will...

Steve Booth, we can play late night again like last year...had a blast...just no lessons from masters prior to our play...

Mitch I probably need some weight...yes you can buy me dinner prior to playing, (I figured a response about that is the only weight I would get...roflmao)

Bille

PS does John get to coach me in the partners game? It would only be fair since I can't play that well...:frus

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Derby City Classic challenge thread

Bille I know how you are playing. I'll need 8-7. I will make a game with anyone else as well. If you see me there we have action. Not looking to break the bank. 10 to 50 a game is fine by me. I really just love playing and the more people from this joint the better!

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

fireman....like I said before - I only said that "you can't move a lick" cuz I was trying to get a bet down on you...:heh

- Ghost

PS, Also...feel free to keep on making use my quote for your game-making - cuz I know you'll do the right thing and send me some jelly after any scores you make...:)

1pwannabe

Verified Member
I'll be there this year

I'll be there this year

I'll be there for the 1P, just payed my entry. Hope to see some of you guys and play some one pocket.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
My line up,
#1, Mitch-hunnert a game
#2 Once I bust Mitch, LS John, rematch from Houston. No more of this $20
#3 I'll play Ghost with me getting 9-7 with a shot clock. He still has the best of it but I plan to bet enough to make his balls shrink like raisins. $5000.+.
#4 Col Billie, You still have 9-7 for life but I'm out for blood at this Derby and I need a ride to the airport so I'm not chancing walking to Stanford Airport.
Once I get going, I'll play day and night, no breaks.
My new Samsonite 30" hard sides suitcase arrived just now, I don't have to worry about my cue getting damaged now.