You need 2 from here

u12armresl

Verified Member
I shot this yesterday and made it, it's a good shot for needing 2.

One pocket, you need 2 balls, right pocket is yours. I played it with lot of high right and made the ball in the corner, and then came off to make the second ball. The next picture shows where the cue ball ended up and the ball went to the spot. What I thought was nice about this is how far down the stripe is in the hole, and how hard you have to hit it since all that energy is slowed down when you make the ball. It's not a hanger, if you look at it closely.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
androd said:
I don't understand how the CB got there. Did you hit the 10 ball one rail ?:confused:
Rod

I was going to ask the same thing...looks like it would have wound up on the opposite (lower) end of the table. Unless you made the ball 2 rails in the side, just right, (1/4 hit)... then you might have wound up straight in your pocket...;)

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
personally i would have gone from the foot rail after making the 3 to the head rail and towards the 10. if i made it that way the cue ball cant be where it is.:confused:
it sounded like the op went from the foot rail right into the 10
seems like ther would be a scratch or maybe some double kiss left the cue ball where it ended up??

u12armresl

Verified Member
High right english and the ball goes in the corner, the cue ball makes a beeline for that ball in the side and hits it flush without hitting the rail, after making the ball in the side it hits the lower right side rail and the lower end rail and the cue ball ends up there.

u12armresl

Verified Member
You are hitting the 3 incredibly hard with high right and its making the 10 and then short hopping the lower right rail one time and then to the bottom rail and up to where it ends at.

The houseman couldn't believe where the cueball ended up, so I set it up again and made it the same way. Shot it two more times after that and missed it both times.

androd said:
I don't understand how the CB got there. Did you hit the 10 ball one rail ?:confused:
Rod

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
that's a very nice shot. cue ball leave the cloth off the short rail?

what's up with the half moon on a slop table? some kind of hoosier game :D ?

u12armresl

Verified Member
The table is actually a very nice old gold crown, tight.

The half moon is because the cloth was on a bigger table (snooker) and the guy was selling it cheap because of that on the cloth so the owner got it.

Yes the ball left the table a bit, I drilled the ball hard, I knew that when it hit the ball it would lose what 30-50% of it's energy, is that about right?

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
just shitn you u12. not taking away from your eye or stroke at all.

any self respecting snooker snob calls anything with pockets that isn't one a "slop table".

u12armresl

Verified Member
Thank you Miller for the kind words.

I loved that shot, mainly because of how far out the stripe is, but if you measure the angle from the corner pocket ball at speed, then you can either see a really quick rocket scratch LOL or that it makes the ball and goes airborne a bit and then 2 rails.

The really bad part would be after that and it spots if you miss it and leave that easy cross corner for your opponent.

:)