For the 'skeptics"

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
So, as I promised, for "PJ." Here's an "unedited" video of me shooting the shot with "reverse" English to go around the object ball for position.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOa4x7cCceQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOa4x7cCceQ[/ame]

Last edited:

backplaying

Verified Member
Surely, no one questioned being able to do this with left, right or center bottom?

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
So, as I promised, for "PJ." Here's an "unedited" video of me shooting the shot with "reverse" English to go around the object ball for position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOa4x7cCceQ
That's a similar shot, but not the same one you diagrammed earlier, Bill. Notice how the cue ball's initial aim line differs between the two because the balls are in different positions. The sharper cut angle in your first diagram makes the shot much more difficult - even I can make the one in the video :eek:.

The balls are also farther from the rail in your video...

pj
chgo

View attachment 201

Attachments

• Bill's shot.jpg
    Bill's shot.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 0

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
That's a similar shot, but not the same one you diagrammed earlier, Bill. Notice how the cue ball's initial aim line differs between the two because the balls are in different positions. The sharper cut angle in your first diagram makes the shot much more difficult - even I can make the one in the video :eek:.

The balls are also farther from the rail in your video...

pj
chgo

View attachment 201

Patrick; I'm REALLY ashamed of YOU! :sorry You're SO blinded by "trying " to proof ME wrong ALL the time, that you didn't even notice that, I actually made it a little harder by moving both balls toward MY pocket! The ANGLE is STILL THE SAME! You, "SPG'" guys just can't stand to be WRONG! Maybe that's the reason not one of the, "recognized" "SPG's" can beat a "B" player! Also I noticed the angle line YOU drew passes thru about 1/8 of the ball, REALLY! If YOU"RE going to call someone out, YOU have to do a better job than that! And, BTW, the 2nd object ball is 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch past a width of a ball!

Listen, Patrick, don't feel inept that YOU CAN'T produce the SAME results as I, with all those, "slide rules" and "protractors!"

Maybe I'm stating to get the picture for the reason why YOU were exiled to our little island here! ;)

P.S. I might be in Chicago to visit my daughters next month, If you'd like I might be able to save a spot for YOU in a clinic I'm thinking of doing. Just give the word and I'll hold one for you! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
In my "good friend" :rolleyes: Patrick's hast to "disprove" ME once again. HE decided to post a screen shot of the, 1st "practice" position I shot to get the, "feel" of the shot to come! If you noticed I posted the ENTIRE video, "practice" shot and the "tougher" position of the balls in the 2nd attempt!
Posting the 2nd position would NOT lend credence to his claims! :sorry

Here is the EXACT position of the 3 balls in the 2nd attempt! BTW, I even gave YOU the best of it by, drawing MY line thru the "center" of the CB, when actually, it should be thru the, "right side" of the CB making the "attack angle," (that's a 3C term) even MORE SVERE! :eek:

View attachment 10610

PJ,Is this the kind of "science" YOU guys preach? Manipulate the evidence to convince yourself and others, that YOU'RE right, VERY sad indeed! This is NOT giving the, "SPG" community a shining recommendation! ;)

Last edited:

TomRoden

Verified Member
Gotcha !!!

Gotcha !!!

You been busted !
I shoot that shot a lot. I 've never heard it called "reverse" . I've always heard it called " bottom inside" .
Regardless, its a great shot that'll get you out of trouble.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
You been busted !
I shoot that shot a lot. I 've never heard it called "reverse" . I've always heard it called " bottom inside" .
Regardless, its a great shot that'll get you out of trouble.

I'll NEVER be busted again, that's for sure! :D Now, if YOU mean with this video, YOU"RE 100% WRONG! The 2nd attempt in the video and MY previous post will prove the CORRECT position of the balls! NOT, what was misinterpreted or manipulated!

Skin

Verified Member
Bill, thanks for posting the video. These videos you're posting have convinced me I need to work on my stroke. A lot. :)

Skin

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Bill, thanks for posting the video. These videos you're posting have convinced me I need to work on my stroke. A lot. :)

Skin

Thanks Skin; I glad you find them informative! Anyone can achieve the SAME results with the CORRECT instruction! I could divulge more little snippets of "nuances" in Pool & Billiards, but, for what? To have them over scrutinized by some that may NOT understand a practical method and, using it in a actual scenario! Or, to have a "marooned" member belittle EVERY form of "informative" post I make, because HE CAN'T stand NOT to be in the "center ring!" Well, He put himself there by, NEVER starting an informative thread, to educate players and by His attitude towards me.

onepocket926

Verified Member
From
Anderson, CA
Whatever you say, Bill.

pj
chgo

...Patrick.....as much as I consider this game an art form...more than a "weird Science" experiment.....

.....might I suggest that next month...while Bill is in Chicago......filling the seats in Wrigley Field...for his Clinic....that You go to....Coo Coo Beach...and hold a Science Seminar.......using Action Vs. re-Action on a Billiard Table....as your topic of interest......

....I'm pretty sure with Him gone...all the 3 Cushion Tables will be open....:D

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
...Patrick.....as much as I consider this game an art form...more than a "weird Science" experiment.....

.....might I suggest that next month...while Bill is in Chicago......filling the seats in Wrigley Field...for his Clinic....that You go to....Coo Coo Beach...and hold a Science Seminar.......using Action Vs. re-Action on a Billiard Table....as your topic of interest......

....I'm pretty sure with Him gone...all the 3 Cushion Tables will be open....:D

Don't YOU have a "weed" pipe that needs filling by NOW! I'm sure the "breakfast buzz" has worn off by now!

onepocket926

Verified Member
From
Anderson, CA
Don't YOU have a "weed" pipe that needs filling by NOW! I'm sure the "breakfast buzz" has worn off by now!

...sorry Bill...I've been biting my tongue...for days now.....I've been doing good too......(so says my Psyc)

.......but, some of your posts.... make it like...trying to stay...."clean and sober"...while working as a bartender.......

...I was just making a ..."il' funny"......if your skin is that thin :cool:......might I suggest some....PS 45,000,000 Sun Block....I'm sure it will....darken up your Tan...and make your Teeth look 20 shades whiter.....:D

......nice one about the....weed though.....that's only the....745th time You've said it...and I think I'm finally...getting your point....(if You want to score a small bag...call Me at home.....I don't sell on line)....;)

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
...sorry Bill...I've been biting my tongue...for days now.....I've been doing good too......(so says my Psyc)

.......but, some of your posts.... make it like...trying to stay...."clean and sober"...while working as a bartender.......

...I was just making a ..."il' funny"......if your skin is that thin :cool:......might I suggest some....PS 45,000,000 Sun Block....I'm sure it will....darken up your Tan...and make your Teeth look 20 shades whiter.....:D

......nice one about the....weed though.....that's only the....745th time You've said it...and I think I'm finally...getting your point....(if You want to score a small bag...call Me at home.....I don't sell on line)....;)

I'm SURE You'll use YOUR card to, "score" that! I will have to admit, YOU have way MORE of a NORMAL sense of humor, than your "friend," the detainee!

onepocket926

Verified Member
From
Anderson, CA
I'm SURE You'll use YOUR card to, "score" that! I will have to admit, YOU have way MORE of a NORMAL sense of humor, than your "friend," the detainee!

...in my Friends defense....He's an older Cat...than I.....and probably likes to go straight for the throat....whereas I like to play with my Mice before I eat 'em.....:D

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL

Skin; This what happens when individuals are ALOWED to, "DERAIL, REDIRECT AND HIGHJACK" a thread for spiteful reasons! On top of that, give NO positive or relevant feedback pertaining to the thread to boot!

I, like I'm sure, MANY other viewers are waiting for "926" or "SJD," (well He really can't, while He's still on, "bread & Water,") to START a thread to actually give some, info or knowledge they have about the cue games!

This is why MANY top players, DON"T post on this forum, they don't need ALL the BU**S**T!

onepocket926

Verified Member
From
Anderson, CA
Skin; This what happens when individuals are ALOWED to, "DERAIL, REDIRECT AND HIGHJACK" a thread for spiteful reasons! On top of that, give NO positive or relevant feedback pertaining to the thread to boot!

I, like I'm sure, MANY other viewers are waiting for "926" or "SJD," (well He really can't, while He's still on, "bread & Water,") to START a thread to actually give some, info or knowledge they have about the cue games!

...as much as I'm riveted by your contributions to the....Cue Games...I can't play with You any more...my Psyc (Skin)...busted Me...and,I have to take my Balls and go home...You'll have to play with Your own...from now on....

...just out of Curiosity....is the reason You keep referring to the Cue Games...just for giving You license to talk about nothing but...3 Cushion....on a OnePocket site ?.......

...sorry I probably shouldn't have asked that question...feel free to ignore it....I have a Bar to clean-up......so, again I say....Adieu

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
...as much as I'm riveted by your contributions to the....Cue Games...I can't play with You any more...my Psyc (Skin)...busted Me...and,I have to take my Balls and go home...You'll have to play with Your own...from now on....

...just out of Curiosity....is the reason You keep referring to the Cue Games...just for giving You license to talk about nothing but...3 Cushion....on a OnePocket site ?.......

...sorry I probably shouldn't have asked that question...feel free to ignore it....I have a Bar to clean-up......so, again I say....Adieu

If YOU"RE that "close minded", and feel that any information on 3 Cushion WON"T HELP YOUR pool game! Then YOU have YOUR game overrated by 25%! ;)