My very first spankin!

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
It's the summer of 1961 I think because I'm working at Willow Springs Golf Course caddying and diving the creeks for lost golf balls during the days and working at a place called Buck's Beer Barrel on Friday and Saturday. I'm going into my senior year in high school in 62 and I was trying to make enough money to buy a car. The owner of Buck's takes a shine to me and my game of nine ball and gives me a job working the late shift at Buck's. It's a sort of recreation hall with pool tables that sold beer to the local blue collar people. It had a jukebox, two payout pinball machines, a cigarette machine, and a condom machine on the wall in the men's room. On the counter we sold red hots, ( a smokin hot type of wiener) pickled pigs feet ( for real! ) Tom's peanuts, Tom's peanut patties, Frito's, and fried pork rinds.
We had 3 pool tables, all 4x8's and a real 15 ft. Shuffleboard table against the far wall.
I was the local champ here,I could really play, or at least that's what I thought!
I beat up on all the locals every payday playing ring nine ball. $.50 on the 5 and $1.00 on the nine. I took on all comers all summer long and began to build a nice little bankroll for a h.s. kid.
One afternoon a tall kid maybe a little older than me comes in and asks if anybody wants to play some 9 ball for money. I said sure and we started playing. Now I'm sizing up this kids game and it appears he can play pretty good, but I think I'm the better player so we keep playing and I keep getting unlucky and he keeps beating me. Now I know it's just a combination of his good luck and my bad luck that's causing me to lose so when I run out of money, I empty one of the pinball machines, then the other one, then the cash register then every machine in the place including the condom machine in the men's room. When it was over and he had every cent available, I just locked the place up and went home! I went by the owners home the next day and tried my best to explain how I had lost all of my money and his also. He was a gracious man, he forgave my stupidity and I worked the rest of the summer paying back the debt. That was my very first spanking. It was administered by none other than a highly respected member right here at one pocket.org!!!!
Care to chime in here Rod and verify any of this story? Lol Buddy, there's a lot of water passed under that bridge since then, huh?

Ps. I walked a lot my senior year!

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
It's the summer of 1961 I think because I'm working at Willow Springs Golf Course caddying and diving the creeks for lost golf balls during the days and working at a place called Buck's Beer Barrel on Friday and Saturday. I'm going into my senior year in high school in 62 and I was trying to make enough money to buy a car. The owner of Buck's takes a shine to me and my game of nine ball and gives me a job working the late shift at Buck's. It's a sort of recreation hall with pool tables that sold beer to the local blue collar people. It had a jukebox, two payout pinball machines, a cigarette machine, and a condom machine on the wall in the men's room. On the counter we sold red hots, ( a smokin hot type of wiener) pickled pigs feet ( for real! ) Tom's peanuts, Tom's peanut patties, Frito's, and fried pork rinds.
We had 3 pool tables, all 4x8's and a real 15 ft. Shuffleboard table against the far wall.
I was the local champ here,I could really play, or at least that's what I thought!
I beat up on all the locals every payday playing ring nine ball. $.50 on the 5 and $1.00 on the nine. I took on all comers all summer long and began to build a nice little bankroll for a h.s. kid.
One afternoon a tall kid maybe a little older than me comes in and asks if anybody wants to play some 9 ball for money. I said sure and we started playing. Now I'm sizing up this kids game and it appears he can play pretty good, but I think I'm the better player so we keep playing and I keep getting unlucky and he keeps beating me. Now I know it's just a combination of his good luck and my bad luck that's causing me to lose so when I run out of money, I empty one of the pinball machines, then the other one, then the cash register then every machine in the place including the condom machine in the men's room. When it was over and he had every cent available, I just locked the place up and went home! I went by the owners home the next day and tried my best to explain how I had lost all of my money and his also. He was a gracious man, he forgave my stupidity and I worked the rest of the summer paying back the debt. That was my very first spanking. It was administered by none other than a highly respected member right here at one pocket.org!!!!
Care to chime in here Rod and verify any of this story? Lol Buddy, there's a lot of water passed under that bridge since then, huh?

Yes, A lot of water !
An older fellow named VanOrmy told Tall Jimmy and I that a young man at Bucks Beer Barrel would surely play. And so he would.

I don't believe I'd have told that. I wouldn't have told it about you. :p:D:)
Rod.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Yes, A lot of water !
An older fellow named VanOrmy told Tall Jimmy and I that a young man at Bucks Beer Barrel would surely play. And so he would.

I don't believe I'd have told that. I wouldn't have told it about you. :p:D:)
Rod.
There's no shame in losin, if there was, I'd look like an Indian!
Red skinned that is, before any Indians want my scalp.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
My very first spankin!

Wow. What a great story. You tell it with such great detail like it was yesterday. And that it was Rod!! Too funny. Also it's good to know that everyone takes a hit now and then!

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Wow. What a great story. You tell it with such great detail like it was yesterday. And that it was Rod!! Too funny. Also it's good to know that everyone takes a hit now and then!

No It wasn't me, I might've had a chance, ? But my partner Tall Jimmy was the nuts. :)
Rod.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

Well, at least we kept the money in the family. :heh

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
great story jeff
and what a great way to reunite with rod after all those years here on the site
:)

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
great story jeff
and what a great way to reunite with rod after all those years here on the site
:)
A touching aside to this story was when Tall Jimmy passed, Rodney called me first seeing as how Jimmie and I were built a lot alike. He invited me over to Jimmie's apartment and told me to take any clothes, boots, shoes, coats or sweaters I wanted. Jimmie was a sharp dresser, he always bought quality, so my second son and I went over and picked out some really nice stuff. I never asked Rod about Jimmies kin folk, I just assumed he didn't have any. I was sad that Jimmie passed, but he had a good life and a good friend in Rod and that's more than some people get. He just quit playing pool and among other things he did, played world class gin rummy, a talented guy in many ways.
BTW Thank You Rod
Ps Did I tell you about the $1000.00 bill I found in the lining of that really nice leather bomber jacket?

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
A touching aside to this story was when Tall Jimmy passed, Rodney called me first seeing as how Jimmie and I were built a lot alike. He invited me over to Jimmie's apartment and told me to take any clothes, boots, shoes, coats or sweaters I wanted. Jimmie was a sharp dresser, he always bought quality, so my second son and I went over and picked out some really nice stuff. I never asked Rod about Jimmies kin folk, I just assumed he didn't have any. I was sad that Jimmie passed, but he had a good life and a good friend in Rod and that's more than some people get. He just quit playing pool and among other things he did, played world class gin rummy, a talented guy in many ways.
BTW Thank You Rod
Ps Did I tell you about the $1000.00 bill I found in the lining of that really nice leather bomber jacket?

When I was moving a Chinese table home with me, $5000 fell out on my garage floor. I retraced my steps but found no more.

There were his regular stashes that I had already cleaned.
I didn't know about the table. :D:p
Rod.