Shannon vs you

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
franks shot is fine. i like rods better because it falls into my theory (actually fact). that it is almost always the shot to either play safe and leave great players long on a rail, or make an offensive shot against them.

and never if possible leave the cue ball close to the object ball.

The kick is an option but imo not a desirable one from this position needing only one ball. Kicking can result in selling out either the 8ball straight in or a cross corner return bank on the 3ball. Imo you're giving up too much with the kick and you're allowing your opponent to put both balls in play if the kick is missed. I would be more concerned with playing a good cue ball and not leaving a shot, and work into a position that would be better suited to go for my pocket. Jmo.

Dr. Bill

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Good Idea about the rail first but I would leave the eight in that area and just take the cue ball across table and even with the eight ball.
Going farther up the table will leave him a three railer on one ball or a two railer on the other.

I didn't think the 3 was far enough up the rail to leave a three-railer. If it is then your shot works better.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Seems to me this is an absolutely horrible position to be in, and thinking of anything even remotely offensive. I don't believe I have ever played anyone who would shoot the shots recommended so far here. Doesn't anyone here ever scratch flying the CB around the table.

In this situation I hope I can just roll up against the eight and leave Shannon no shot. I'll wait for a better opportunity to go for my hole.:sorry

None of us ever scratch but these losers do:p:

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7512

WCRanger

Verified Member
Would there be enough room to 2- rail the 8 past the 3 to your hole and leave the cue on the top rail?

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
for sure doing this...I dont want to put both balls in play and basically I am just buying myself another shot to see if he leaves me something better to shoot at while not leaving him a shot.

Yep, Frank and Hacker convinced me. I need to take a picture of it for my phone so I can look it up at the table next time it comes up... only problem is I probably won't remember I have the pic or if I do, remember ... .... uh, what were we talkin' about?