Lee Van Corteza vs. S.V.B. 2011 D.C.C.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
I agree Bill, but he didn't...Now on to Shanes shot,...If Shane can see the 9 ball, he can shoot it into the 2, make the 9 and leave it on the rail (on Lee's side) about 6'' below the side pocket..Another good option,I like even better, would be to kick one rail at the 2 ball, just barely hard enough to make it, and leave the cue ball behind the 9. BIG trouble for Lee.

androd said:
Duck, at what layout are you looking ? See post # 13= 2nd pic.
Rod.

He's looking at the right layout Rod, he's just calling the 12 ball the 9 ball. I think this is his shot. What do you say Duckbreath?

SJD's Shot.jpg
Ball Numbers.jpg

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
If im SVB I like sliding off of the 4 ball and juicing up the cue with alot of right h nd english and hitting the siderail and comimg back across the table to somewhere AS CLOSE TO the 3rd diamond above L. Corteza's pocket. Covered by the umbrella.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
He's looking at the right layout Rod, he's just calling the 12 ball the 9 ball. I think this is his shot. What do you say Duckbreath?

View attachment 3959
View attachment 3963

Thats it...thanks Horsebreath..:p...On further exam...My one rail kick at the duece is no good, IF you allow him to see the 9 ball.. Almost better to lag just short of the 2 ball and take a scratch....3rd diamond leave is no good..it allows Lee to be able to kick at the 8 "again"...

Last edited:

treeMan

Verified Member
wincardona said:
Chances are that Lee didn't have the angle to bend kick at the 8 ball so he had to look elsewhere. Lee may have even played to strike the 2 ball first and hopes to move the balls away from Shanes side, we'll never know.

Shane can kick semi softly off the side rail and back into the 7 ball. With this shot if he is able to get a ball to a rail he will really put Lee in a lot of trouble. If he's not able to get a ball to a rail Lee will still be in big trouble with a bleak future.

Billy I.

I like this. If there was ever a time for an offensive intentional scratch, this is it. Either tap the cue ball where it is or soft kick back to the stack.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
treeMan said:
I like this. If there was ever a time for an offensive intentional scratch, this is it. Either tap the cue ball where it is or soft kick back to the stack.

I agree with you(both your shots) and Dr. Billie. I'd really like to give him this exact position. The only thing is, in DCC, if I'm not mistaken, you can't just tap the cue ball with your ferrule any more. You have to do some sort of minimum shot. Does anybody know the rule?

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
petie said:
I agree with you(both your shots) and Dr. Billie. I'd really like to give him this exact position. The only thing is, in DCC, if I'm not mistaken, you can't just tap the cue ball with your ferrule any more. You have to do some sort of minimum shot. Does anybody know the rule?

I have no idea of the the rule but I haven't allowed the ferrule in years, use the tip.;)
Rod.