Interest list for SS ll & S l

keoneyo

Verified Member
Jeff I spoke to a very good friend of mine who plays a lot of the events in the West. He had not heard about the event and he expressed great interest in the Seniors. He will be 65 in April. Could you hold a spot for him? I plan to attend myself with Wayne but cant commit as I dont know when Im needed for work.

You can put him down as HOB Rob. An upstanding one pocket player.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Jeff I spoke to a very good friend of mine who plays a lot of the events in the West. He had not heard about the event and he expressed great interest in the Seniors. He will be 65 in April. Could you hold a spot for him? I plan to attend myself with Wayne but cant commit as I dont know when Im needed for work.

You can put him down as HOB Rob. An upstanding one pocket player.

He's on the list keoneyo, and whenever you find out your schedule please let me know, I will then add you also. So glad you are coming!:)

Jeff

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Add one more

Add one more

My friend Warren Ruth, who was at the n SSI with me is coming in April. Please put his name on list for over 65 tourney. Are you close to finalizing dates ? Can not wait. Hope all the over 70 players that were in attendance at first tournament are back.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
I don't qualify, but I ran into Jersey John last week (Tom, Bill, and probably a few others know him). He had heard about the 65+ one and is hoping to make it.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I added Warren and Jersey John to the list, ( see post 48 ) getting close to a shutout in the seniors 1. No news on the dates yet, but it's been the holiday season. I will post any news I get. Welcome Warren and John, see you at Bogies.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I ran into Joe Salazar at the Chalmette (N.O.) shindig. He lives in the Fort Worth area, so I told him about the SS and SSJr. 1P events. He didn't seem too interested, and was a little stand-offish, so I don't know if it's something he'll put on his calendar or not. I believe Joe is in his 70's. Perhaps he doesn't play anymore.

~Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I am thinking it over about playing in both events. Looks like the 65 and over will fill up and I will gladly cede my spot to a new player.

Going to be tough enough in the Super Seniors again and I want to give it my best shot.:D

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I am thinking it over about playing in both events. Looks like the 65 and over will fill up and I will gladly cede my spot to a new player.

Going to be tough enough in the Super Seniors again and I want to give it my best shot.:D

Same here. I still plan to take the spot I signed up for in the Seniors, but if it turns out that someone else wants it I'll be happy to withdraw to the rail.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I ran into Joe Salazar at the Chalmette (N.O.) shindig. He lives in the Fort Worth area, so I told him about the SS and SSJr. 1P events. He didn't seem too interested, and was a little stand-offish, so I don't know if it's something he'll put on his calendar or not. I believe Joe is in his 70's. Perhaps he doesn't play anymore.

~Doc

Joe and I used to play cheap, but he's told me that he doesn't play anymore because it's so hard on his feet and his eyesight has gone phooey. I'll bet he could wipe the dust off of his stick (not that he hasn't plenty already dusted :) ) and be a threat in the Super, but I don't think he'll play. (He was still beating very good players at times up to about 10 years ago.)

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Joe and I used to play cheap, but he's told me that he doesn't play anymore because it's so hard on his feet and his eyesight has gone phooey. I'll bet he could wipe the dust off of his stick (not that he hasn't plenty already dusted :) ) and be a threat in the Super, but I don't think he'll play. (He was still beating very good players at times up to about 10 years ago.)

I'm sure I saw him at the tourney, as I don't go to many. Had his cues there, so he knows all about these things.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California

I will also step aside in the seniors to make room for someone else if needed. Super seniors is fine with me. I will arrive early to spectate the seniors and maybe have someone beat up on me.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Update

Update

David Richardson ( owner Bogie's Billiards ) is having back surgery today. It's the second of this type surgery he has had in the past 3 months. John Rizzo has not talked to David about the tournaments as yet, but he is thinking about not having the SS ll tournament in April. The 1ST Annual Senior Classic ( ages 65 & upwards ) would be held in April, but not in conjunction with the SS event. The 2nd Annual Super Senior Classic would then be held in late October on or near it's anniversary dates.

All this is still just conjecture, and nothing has been discussed further than the initial idea back in November when they were excited about how well the first Super Senior event was received and how pleased everyone was at that time.
Nothing is cast in stone as yet, there is still the option of having them together, but it's not something that's pressing right now so John has elected to wait until David Richardson heals up and feels better before he approaches him on the subject.

Updates to follow, as soon as I get them.

Tylerbob

Verified Member
From
Chandler Texas
Seniors and Super senior

Seniors and Super senior

I would be interested in playing in either or both if spots are available.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
The 1ST Annual Senior Classic ( ages 65 & upwards ) would be held in April, but not in conjunction with the SS event. The 2nd Annual Super Senior Classic would then be held in late October on or near it's anniversary dates.

Ouch!

It will be hard for me to be so generous about giving up my spot in the Senior if I have to look forward to Jonesin' 'til October. :)

JohnInNH

Verified Member
From
GOFFSTOWN, NH
SS ll.
(1) Frank Almanza
(2) LSJOHN
(3) Harold Smith (Smitty)
(4) John Henderson (Current Champion)
(5) James Christopher AKA ( Sniper )
(6) Jeff Sparks
(7) Phil Martin
(8) John Rizzo
(9) Maurice LeBlanc
(10) Ron Hamblett
(11) Bob McFarrin
(12) JohnInNH

S l
(1)NH Steve
(2)Frank Almanza
(3)LSJOHN
(4)Tom Wirth
(5)John Henderson
(6)James Christopher
(7)Jeff Sparks
(8)Bill.....???
(9)Wayne
(10Harold Smith ( Smitty)
(11)Bill Meacham.( Island Drive )
(12)Nick Principe (Jakie)
(13)Cary
(14)Robert Newkirk (rnewkirk)
(15)Joe MacNamara (Joe Mac)
(16)Mike Nagaki
(17)Jerry Matchin (Baby Huey)
(18)Phil Martin

Hi Jeff,

Have the dates been decided for the SS tournaments?

Thanks,

John